PDA

View Full Version : CRV 2004 vs 2005

stoff
05-12-2004, 01:57 PM
hi guys,

my dad wants a CRV..

i was just wonderin whether he shud get a new 2004 model or a 2005 model?

is there major improvements for a 2005 model?

because, for the same price, we can get a CRV sports w/ leather etc 2004 model or a base model 2005..

anything wrong with the crv's we shud kno about?

thanks!
chris

Faiz
05-12-2004, 05:02 PM
get 2005, it would be foolish to get the 04. 05 i think has some extra features and Srs airbags.
Go 05.

bigdongers
05-12-2004, 07:46 PM
There is not much diff at all between the 04 and 05. I have an 02 and saw an 05 at the dealer the other day and am not too impressed. Its a nice facelift but nothing more.

The 05 has the following new features:

new headlight design
new fogs
new rear tailight design
5 speed auto
side airbags on sport models
drive by wire throttle
alarm
new "always on" gauges
steering wheel audio controls
new MP3 player for sport models
16" wheels

If you can get an 04 with leather for the price of a standard 05, I would pick the 04. I wouldnt bother with a standard model. Go the sport no matter what you do.

stoff
05-12-2004, 11:54 PM
are they a good car? any major problems?

i see so many of them for sale second hand..all low KM's..like 20-30K's..

and makes me think why ppl sell em off so quickly?

civiceg9
06-12-2004, 12:46 AM
are they a good car? any major problems?

i see so many of them for sale second hand..all low KM's..like 20-30K's..

and makes me think why ppl sell em off so quickly?
could be a company executive car. I wouldn't buy it

stoff
06-12-2004, 07:51 PM
u wudnt buy company exec cars? why not?

Faiz
07-12-2004, 08:05 PM
go for a euro. I personally reccomend. Crvs are not bad cars but much better out there like a euro..

jords
08-12-2004, 04:37 PM
My mum bought a CR-V Sport earlier this year, I begged her to buy a Accord Euro but she didn't. They are roughly around the same price range,If it was my money I know I would deffinatly go for the Euro.

If you are looking for more of a family car then deffinatly have a look at the new Odessey. They are a good looking car. Imagine a set of 20 inch rims on one of those babies.

stoff
09-12-2004, 03:56 PM
i think my dad's always wanted something like a sports utility vehicle..hence why the CRV.

and i reckon the CRV's look pretty nice for what they are anyways.

Sp3rMz
10-12-2004, 02:05 AM
I say skipp both the crv and try convince him get accord euro. Although i love the crv. Got one at home, but i've been tryin to get my dad to sell it to buy an accord euro.

Faiz
10-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Sports= euro utility=.....i duno :P Euro is ver quick car, the manual that is. Tell your dad to give the manual euro a try, if he doesnt get thrilled by its 6 speed, 140 kw 2.4 litre than you guys should consider the CRV. Crv is no off roader, it made perferebly for onraod. Want off road see the xtrail or the sub outback.

toE
11-12-2004, 05:59 AM
or the Ford Territory. :)

NeoNode
11-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Sports Utility = Subaru Forester XT = Turbocharged goodness.

stoff
11-12-2004, 08:37 PM
yeah i'll make sure we go check out all those options when we go shoppin :)

hmm actually i wanna take the euro for a test drive myself :rolleyes:

my dad was also keen on that new hyundai...im doing my best to steer him away from that :D

bigdongers
12-12-2004, 03:34 AM
I bought the CRV in Jul 02 and at the time the Euro was not released yet. If I were to do it again, I would get the Euro. However, I would miss the space that the CRV provides. I have been able to fit 2 mountain bikes in the back with no probs.

if you want space, get the CRV, if you want sporty sedan, get the Euro

Hawk
28-03-2005, 07:33 AM
Crv is no off roader, it made perferebly for onraod. Want off road see the xtrail or the sub outback.

I have previously been to a Honda drive day in a national park with a list of 4x4's. Everyone underestimates the CRV's off road performance and capabilities. The 'duel pump system' makes it very easy to drive off road and there were very few places the Landcruiser got that the CRV couldn't !!

Faiz
28-03-2005, 03:33 PM
I have previously been to a Honda drive day in a national park with a list of 4x4's. Everyone underestimates the CRV's off road performance and capabilities. The 'duel pump system' makes it very easy to drive off road and there were very few places the Landcruiser got that the CRV couldn't !!

we have a landcruiser its massive compared to a crv. V8 versus v4 is a bit unfair in terms of camparing. Crv is way too small compared to the cruiser. The xtrail and crv comparison should be ok in terms if u are interested in the crv.:)

Fr3aKi3
28-03-2005, 03:44 PM
we have a landcruiser its massive compared to a crv. V8 versus v4 is a bit unfair in terms of camparing. Crv is way too small compared to the cruiser. The xtrail and crv comparison should be ok in terms if u are interested in the crv.:)

faiz mate... i know i'm being really picky here but i gotta let u know crv aint a v4. Its an inline 4 or straight 4 or whatever u want to call it, but just setting you straight coz it seems like u dont really know much abt cars your other post.

Faiz
28-03-2005, 07:37 PM
lol yeh i dont, ive been told so many times the euro is a inline 4. whats the difference?

toE
28-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Keep the replies on track.

-Jimmy

as001
29-03-2005, 11:46 AM
just a question to anyone who own or drive the new 05 model with the new(improve/revised) dual pump system on the 05 vs 04 does it actually stop u from being able to spin the wheels? i drove my girls old mans 04 crv I spun the wheels a few times from a few fast clutch drops which i though thought was a bit odd considering it claims it 4wd then i read up on it and discovered its only on demmand...

Faiz
29-03-2005, 03:29 PM
i would get the 05 naturaly. After all they wouldnt release it if it wasnt superior to o4.

as001
29-03-2005, 03:47 PM
thats a fair statement in most cases the facelift on the 05 does make it look better with the new lights etc i would love to read a review on the current crv 05 vs x-trail and forrester xs

UNLS1
29-03-2005, 07:45 PM
as some of u know i sell new hondas at a dealer in melb. u would be suprised how many older CR - V owners come back to trade in their older models for the new 2005 model. We dont sell many standard ones but we do sell lots of sports (or may aswell be the luxury as its the same but no leather and we put the 'sports' badges on ourselfs)
and luxury ones...

i love em such a cool car. lots of happy crv-owners out there!

-Jaymz

as001
29-03-2005, 10:06 PM
as some of u know i sell new hondas at a dealer in melb. u would be suprised how many older CR - V owners come back to trade in their older models for the new 2005 model. We dont sell many standard ones but we do sell lots of sports (or may aswell be the luxury as its the same but no leather and we put the 'sports' badges on ourselfs)
and luxury ones...

i love em such a cool car. lots of happy crv-owners out there!

-Jaymz

Do you guys sell many MDX's in Melbourne they are as rare as db7's in Sydney?

UNLS1
29-03-2005, 10:32 PM
we sell a few but not that many, prob the same as integra type S's.. we have a gold MDX for sale atm...i love it.
Nobody even asks about s2000's anymore....

GO THE CRV lol

Faiz
30-03-2005, 11:00 AM
we sell a few but not that many, prob the same as integra type S's.. we have a gold MDX for sale atm...i love it.

GO THE CRV lol

S2000 is more of a teen car lol every body wants a family car these days. The s2000 would seem like a waste of money to people i guess. Its a very good car though. Needs more luxury features like the porshes. All the rich people who want a convertible go for the porshe. I have seen like s2000 once in my life. very rare.

Dont know what to make of the mdx. Have read horrible reviews about it regarding its weight and offroading/handling.

as001
30-03-2005, 01:19 PM

GO THE CRV lol
Yeah its funny you say that as in Sydney see heaps of type S's and S2000 (but of the of the s2k are pre facelifted a new S2000 is priced a bit steep these days with many cars able to beat it performance wise are a lesser price e.g.350z) seems like the market these days wants not just a sporty performance but practicality as well, but to honest if my job didnt require me to have a larger sized car i would have opted for the type S its a much better all rounded car then dc5 R and reviews of it have been very good plus it looks great as well

Faiz
30-03-2005, 02:55 PM
u do have the manual euro that prolly compares well against the type s? I would be happy with a manual rather then type s.

Pum[Z]
30-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Faiz.. The Type S would eat the Manual Accord euro.. Manual Type S 0-100 km is almost a 1 second faster then a Manual Accord euro...

as001
30-03-2005, 03:34 PM
im more in preference for the feel (its approx 200kg lighter) and design of the car thats y i like the type s more but it just aint as practical as the euro

slidetaker
30-03-2005, 05:52 PM
by practical, u mean the bone cracking suspension of the type S? :o

UNLS1
30-03-2005, 06:44 PM
lol the type R man would own the euro man anyday...
sell heaps of euro autos....not to many mans

aaronng
30-03-2005, 07:01 PM
by practical, u mean the bone cracking suspension of the type S? :o
I reckon it's the usable seats in the rear. :D
I like the Type R's Recaros though, fits me like a glove.

as001
30-03-2005, 08:20 PM
after 3 1/2 years in dc2r, its safe to say i will never buy a car with recaros are again they used to kill my shoulders and lower back, gotta love the seats in the euro

slidetaker
31-03-2005, 09:01 AM
Back to the topic of CRV, is it possible to rip out the "real-time" rear differential and put it in a EG,EH,EK? Should help out a lot of front wheel spin when doing drag start launch....???
Or am I too crazy... :p

aaronng
31-03-2005, 10:24 AM
after 3 1/2 years in dc2r, its safe to say i will never buy a car with recaros are again they used to kill my shoulders and lower back, gotta love the seats in the euro
How's the recaros in the DC5r compared to the DC2r? The ones I sat in were the DC5r. They were more comfortable than the Euro's! I think it's because of the shape of my body. I'm tall with narrow shoulders, so I actually fitted so snugly that I bet I could sleep in them! At first when I sat in the Euro, I found the seats to be ok. Better than the Holden Astra (I drive this quite often), but somehow didn't fit my body dimensions. Now after owning the Euro for 5 months, I'm comfortable in the Euro seats. But I clearly remember the first time I sat in both cars, the DC5r's recaros made me just want to stay there and rest (at the sydney motorshow)

as001
31-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Im pretty the dc2 and dc5 r share he same seats except colour and recaro label updates, im a simlar build to you with wide shoulders explains the pain, but to be honest subie make better seats, the type S seats are much better now not as full bucket as recaros and leather which is a bonus

as001
31-03-2005, 12:50 PM
does anyone here own an 05 crv?

aaronng
31-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Im pretty the dc2 and dc5 r share he same seats except colour and recaro label updates, im a simlar build to you with wide shoulders explains the pain, but to be honest subie make better seats, the type S seats are much better now not as full bucket as recaros and leather which is a bonus

Ahhh.. then I think it is the shoulders as you have to bend then forward while I don't need to to fit into the recaros...

Hmm, I rode in my friend's subie, MY99 (non-STI). It felt flat.... Hmm... didn't think of it as anything special. Did they change it on the new ones?

I haven't gotten a chance to sit in the new Type S, only the 2005 regular integra. Also not impressed. Anyone care to give me a ride in a moving Type R or S? Hehe :D I haven't had the REAL vtec experience yet!

Faiz
31-03-2005, 03:38 PM
one sec is not much difference interms of 0-100. Well it is but in my opinion. The euro has more torque then the type s so that effect some acceleration ion higher gears.

(i ahve no clue what im talking about lol

slidetaker
31-03-2005, 05:08 PM
I would have imagine Type R or Type S is lighter than Euro...

SeraphimX
31-03-2005, 07:20 PM
one sec is not much difference interms of 0-100. Well it is but in my opinion. The euro has more torque then the type s so that effect some acceleration ion higher gears.

(i ahve no clue what im talking about lol

dude, you are the most clueless SOB I've ever met on a forum...1 sec not much diff....FFS!!

Faiz
31-03-2005, 07:23 PM
bows head in shame.... yes i know nothing....

toE
01-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Keep it on topic kids!

-Jimmy

slidetaker
01-04-2005, 09:22 AM
anyone knows at what speed the rear differential stops powering the rear and CRV backt to a FWD?
is it possible to rip the "real-time" rear differential and put it in a EK, EG to help front wheel spin during launch? :honda:

Datuk
03-06-2005, 11:50 PM
the 2004 model CRV is a great car I am driving that and a civi. Nice handing and performance for a 4wd!

bigdongers
07-06-2005, 05:28 PM
anyone knows at what speed the rear differential stops powering the rear and CRV backt to a FWD?
is it possible to rip the "real-time" rear differential and put it in a EK, EG to help front wheel spin during launch? :honda:

I don't believe its limited by speed. The rears will lose power as soon as the fronts stop slipping.