PDA

View Full Version : spark plug leads

Lukey
10-02-2010, 06:38 PM
hi all, did a search and didnt find all that much.

im looking at replacing my spark plug leads soon as one of the leads doesnt seal properly on the rocker cover. and id like to be able to wash my engine bay, lol.

so im looking for suggestions, prices and information.

cheers.

cristian
10-02-2010, 07:31 PM
i bought a set of bosch plugs and leads for my sisters d15b7...
the change in those two items got an extra 40km's out of each tank...which is good for something inefficient as a dual carb...
more of a longterm benefit rather than something you can feel with butt dyno...

Lukey
10-02-2010, 07:35 PM
ive got ngk iridium plugs already, just looking into new leads.

also a quick questions, will i need to disconnect the battery when changing the leads?

cristian
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
no need for disconnecting the battery...i didnt...

just as a tip, if u didn't know already...replace the leads one by one so you don't forget which points on the dizzy goes to which cylinder...

Lukey
10-02-2010, 07:56 PM
sweet, thanks. and thats what i would do, 1 by 1.

TheSaint
10-02-2010, 09:39 PM
D15B7 is fuel injected ... not carb

i bought a set of bosch plugs and leads for my sisters d15b7...
the change in those two items got an extra 40km's out of each tank...which is good for something inefficient as a dual carb...
more of a longterm benefit rather than something you can feel with butt dyno...

90LAN
10-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Good if you told us what motor you had 1st

ngk leads have the best fitment imo

you can get aussie ones or better designed jdm ones

aussie ones are blue and black jdm ones are all blue

the aussie ones are around 100
jdm around twice as much

cristian
10-02-2010, 09:52 PM
D15B7 is fuel injected ... not carb

my bad...the ed6 had dual carbs...d15

trentd
11-02-2010, 08:26 AM
repco, they never have trouble there, and if the price is a bit, just be a bit shocked and they'll drop it

Lukey
11-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Good if you told us what motor you had 1st

ngk leads have the best fitment imo

you can get aussie ones or better designed jdm ones

aussie ones are blue and black jdm ones are all blue

the aussie ones are around 100
jdm around twice as much

sorry, forgot to mention it. i have b18b. so your reccomend ngk leads, where could i pick them up?

repco, they never have trouble there, and if the price is a bit, just be a bit shocked and they'll drop it

sweet, ill keep that in mind thanks

eeKayFouR
11-02-2010, 08:21 PM
i picked up my ngk leads from a trader on here :thumbsup:

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93899

CB7_OWNER
11-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I read a review(this was on a honda) on OEM leads vs NGK and some other brand.. Dude posted up voltage differences and stuff , dont remember where the review is. but i do remember the conlcusion was to use OEM leads.

trentd
12-02-2010, 08:23 AM
I bought myself some top gun leads and they work perfectly.

Tegzieboi_BAR
12-02-2010, 09:43 AM
I bought myself some top gun leads and they work perfectly.

I bought Top Gun leads before when i had B18B... these werent cheap by any means, but fitment was rather disappointing, especially for their price. When i first got them one of the leads kept slippin off so my car ran on 3 cyls once or twice. That didnt last long, but i wouldnt recomment em.

How do the Spoon ones hold up? Seen some where the plastic literally cracked off... r they worth the money?

trentd
12-02-2010, 10:14 AM
i don't know where you get your leads from, but i've been running mine for now 5 months and got them for 78 dollars(cost), and i have never had that happen to me, i also run a b18b and not once have they even come close to coming off.
There a tight fit and the car has never dropped cylinders.
you must be buying knock off's

Tegzieboi_BAR
12-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Whoa $78 is good, i must have got ripped off hard coz definitely payed over 100... from memory $120ish. They worked fine after a while its just i think at first they played up a bit before the heat moulded the tops into shape n they started to stick on much better.

After the 1st few weeks i never had any issues but every now n then id notice that 1 or 2 of them arent sitting 100% flush with the cover, would pop up about 3mm, didnt affect the performance in a negative way though.

trentd
12-02-2010, 10:44 AM
thats bizzare, oh well as long as performance isn't affected. i just haven't had a problem at all.
i love them. i tend to get cost and trade prices most places i go because i've spent so much there lol. got accounts with them and everything.