PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning on Civic ???

Derrick28
13-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Guys...what are you thoughts about the air conditioning on the 2009 Civic, i found it to be weak and not that cold even when it turn on maximum!:(

Derrick

ej20i
13-02-2010, 01:42 PM
i got one!
LOL!
i find it perfect actually better than Euro cars
but in summer weather is not the best because of our weather bro

Derrick28
13-02-2010, 01:51 PM
i got one!
LOL!
i find it perfect actually better than Euro cars
but in summer weather is not the best because of our weather bro

No worries mate...i thought i might ask in case there is something wrong with the Air Con :).
By the way anyone in here able to change or get a Double DIN for the HeadUnit (Car Audio)?

Derrick

ej20i
13-02-2010, 09:41 PM
its been covered for quite a bit already bro
check www.jdmconcept.com.au and they have the fascia for double din unit

Derrick28
14-02-2010, 05:41 PM
its been covered for quite a bit already bro
check www.jdmconcept.com.au and they have the fascia for double din unit

Hi,

Did email them this morning they do have the Double DIN Unit, is there any link on how to install it ???

Derrick

Stig
14-02-2010, 07:17 PM
search... its been covered as well

Muzzy
15-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi,

Did email them this morning they do have the Double DIN Unit, is there any link on how to install it ???

Derrick

Derrick - Did you ask about the colour? Apparently they're not sure whether or not the colour matches with the FD dash colour.

Let us know how you go..

DC5-S
16-02-2010, 12:36 PM
i got all my stuff here at this website.
seems a good deal.
Check it out....
www.civicdrm.co.nr

Hope this helps :)

fab4272
16-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Guys...what are you thoughts about the air conditioning on the 2009 Civic, i found it to be weak and not that cold even when it turn on maximum!:(

Derrick

I don't think its that strong at all. Under light acceleration from takeoff, it obviously shuts down to ensure the extra power is available to the engine. You can tell by the air getting warm, the cooling down again when you cruise.

RR8TED
16-02-2010, 11:09 PM
yeh, my aircon seems pretty weak ay, feels like a fan blowing in my face even at max =/

VTI-L
17-02-2010, 07:15 PM
When I test drove the civic on the day I brought it, Jan 31, the demo seemed fine to me, it was a hot, humid syd afternoon. I was more suprised at the cars performace with the a/c turned on, and 3 people in the car, cant wait to get it on March 6

Cheers S...

blasdf
19-02-2010, 09:31 AM
i notice on really hot days my aircon can struggle a bit on a hot queensland day that is, but just in the beginning.

i've also tested turning the aircon on and off while on the highway with cruise control engaged, and you can feel the power drop with it on. but aside from cruise control i don't really notice too much from when the aircon is on and off with normal driving.

and yip, i had 5 people in my car on a road trip, boot was chocker and the car looked really lowered at the back. it still seemed to pull OK and I was able to overtake etc fine, but of course nothing spectacular.

found this image i took of the car when it was maxed out with 3 in the back and full boot load,
http://ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12327&d=1256649349

pretty sure i could have the car that low and be fine as she didn't scrape on anything and i didn't have any wear on the tyres, tyre walls etc.