PDA

View Full Version : CAR problem. car seems to choke @ random sometimes, and does little bunny hops

tps09
13-02-2010, 08:23 PM
hi guys,

im noob

could i get some information or some help how to solve this matter i dunno what to call it,

first of all its a honda jazz manual 03'

when i drive it, from 1'st to 2nd /3rd 4th 5th its fine,

and when i come to a turn, it starts to choke it self in 2nd & 3rd a couple of times,

then it stops, continues back to normal, and when i drive about 100-200 metres it start to choke/bunnys a couple of times,

and reapeat it self @ longer distance,

So im finding it really weired how my car chokes it self and does little bunnys lol,
If some one could help me sol've this matter that would be great!

what i've checked so far from a noob :

# oil - GOOD
# battery terminal - GOOD

thanks in advance to helpers!

ta,

slimx
13-02-2010, 08:33 PM
doing bunny's lyk that is usual CLUTCH related, get your clutch checked out maybe needs a change?

Did it slowly start? or happen all of a sudden?

tps09
13-02-2010, 09:19 PM
doing bunny's lyk that is usual CLUTCH related, get your clutch checked out maybe needs a change?

Did it slowly start? or happen all of a sudden?

all of a sudden it just happended,

its been 2 days now

dunnoo if its the clutch, because when im in gear thats when it happends

thanks

OMG.JAI xD
13-02-2010, 09:26 PM
The flux capacitor that controls the injection while the engine is at different lateral and horizontal load maybe playing up.

In other words. Something like this is something that is not very easily diagnosable through the forums. Youd need so much more information than "chugging and bunny hops".
And the fact that its a manual. It could just be the human error.
Not trying to be smarta$$ but its a fault that requires roadtesting.
Who knows. The oil could be overfilled. And whenever you turn a corner the reserve oil that is in the sump leans more towards one side of the crank creating a difference in load in one piston causing the engine to miss.

Just a shot in the dark.

Youre better off having a mechanic look at it.

trism
13-02-2010, 09:53 PM
does it have fuel in teh tank?

tps09
13-02-2010, 10:07 PM
does it have fuel in teh tank?

yes it does full

slimx
13-02-2010, 10:58 PM
all of a sudden den i dout its clutch ..

for sumfn like that to happen lyk fk dats weird man srsly, tried reving on the spot ? for long periods of time..

Tried rolling the car in neurtal and turning ? see if it still does it.

Just experiemnt a bit give us ur results..

does it do it in EVERY GEAR? or certain ones.. etc..

Could even be a phisyicall damage, i was in a situation once where my car was so low.. and i parkd on bit of a hill, when i jumpd in my car i couldnt get in gear... apearntly the gearbox :S or whatever that thing that changes gears, was touching the ground :S ? lol

Cars are bitches man, u gota experiement more, best off though mondy morning MECHANICS lol

tps09
14-02-2010, 11:39 AM
all of a sudden den i dout its clutch ..

for sumfn like that to happen lyk fk dats weird man srsly, tried reving on the spot ? for long periods of time..

Tried rolling the car in neurtal and turning ? see if it still does it.

Just experiemnt a bit give us ur results..

does it do it in EVERY GEAR? or certain ones.. etc..

Could even be a phisyicall damage, i was in a situation once where my car was so low.. and i parkd on bit of a hill, when i jumpd in my car i couldnt get in gear... apearntly the gearbox :S or whatever that thing that changes gears, was touching the ground :S ? lol

Cars are bitches man, u gota experiement more, best off though mondy morning MECHANICS lol

ahah, thanks man

i'll give what you said a try

and i'll be back with some updates,

happends in gears 2-3-4

xclusive_eg8
14-02-2010, 11:44 AM
dads old mazda 626 used to do the same thing, turned out to be a burnt O2 sensor..have a shop check it proper, cause i doubt your going to diagnose it on ozhonda cause we cant imagine driving it

tps09
15-02-2010, 09:19 PM
okay heres an update

i've attempted to just reve on the spot = normal

i took it to the mechanics, he couldnt really diagnose the problem he said he needs to have a good look at the car for couple of hours, but he told me from a little test drive that it could be the petrol pump,

noideas,

waiting for updates once he checks it up,

tps09
26-02-2010, 10:55 PM
hey guys,

i''ve taken it to a mechanic, he had a look and little test drive but couldnt sort it out just yet,

he said he needed to do a test scan with this compact scanning machine, and results came out it might be the sparkies thats gone, or air filter needs replacement, or petrol pump

filter was checked = fine
sparkies where changed to new

still has the problem so it nailed it down to petrol pump,

he said no fix no pay. so i was like ook..

so he went on and changed the petrol pump, with a new one and everything was all good, he said that old petrol pump was clogging and shit...

so yeh it ended up costing me fortune as im a person that studys @ tafe

$400 for sparkies + petrol pump installed
$50 for the scan check up

$450 to sort it all out,

oh wells eveything is all good now so just to let you guys know how it went thats all,

thanks to people who contributed and helped out, few of you's almost understood the problem

slimx
03-03-2010, 11:11 AM
petrol pump.. okay expensive
spark plugs are $20 unless u get platnium $80-90
lol.

As for the scan it was a honda jazz? tried looking at the DIY's u can run ur own ecu checks.

B16bcivic
04-03-2010, 02:21 PM
not enough fuel is getting to engine maybe. could be ur fuel pump, sensors or blockage in your fuel lines.