PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Issues

UR LNCH
14-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Yes I realise my following question has probably been covered 100000000times :) But I couldn't find a direct scenario that relates to the following after a quick search.

Basically the clutch after a bit of driving around feels a bit 'crunchy' at full extent of throw. And on top of that, after a rather 'spirited drive' on a private road of course, I ended up with about 1-2'' of engagement play left after I had let the car sit for a bit ... Final corner had no clutch FUN! NOT!

Gearbox/clutch engages fine all of the time. So I am assuming it's something relating to the clutch master cylinder and/or clutch line??

Any feedback would be bonza!

Cheers.

chowdaa
15-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Sounds very clutch master cylinderish.
I just recently replaced my clutch master. 30 mins ago.
I had intermittent issues concerning clutch/gear engagement in the morning.
A good indication is if you poke your head under the drivers footwell and check out the clutch master input shaft and if you find that there are signs of oil/brakefluid leaking. The clutch master is a bit sad. The slave i have had no trouble with yet, wouldn't hurt to unbolt the slave from the box (2x12mm), pull out the slave from behind the dust boot and check to see if its leaking externally.
While you are there check movement of your throwout fork.