PDA

View Full Version : EG not turning off properly

RobEG
15-02-2010, 12:17 PM
hi guys

i've got an EG d15b4 (dual carb) and lately it hasnt been turning off properly. i'll turn the ignition off but the engine doesnt turn off, it'll give a couple of kicks and then conk out.

would this be an issue with ignition or the engine still taking in fuel? the car struggles to start up again straight after this issue.

starting up a few hours later appears ok

any ideas would be appreciated

thanks in advance : )

Perry
15-02-2010, 01:58 PM
I came across the same issue before but ended up finding out the choke was jammed.

RobEG
15-02-2010, 02:07 PM
it has an auto choke, would it be a case of replacing it or can it be "serviced"?

ECU-MAN
15-02-2010, 03:04 PM
your problem is called dieseling, build up of carbon deposites glowing red hot on the piston crown ignite fuel vapours drawn in to the combustion chamger after you switch the engine off.

there is a solenoid on the carby to block the idle passage from the fuel bowl to prevent this from happening.

you have to find and check your solenoid,

or

clean your piston crowns and chamber

TheSaint
15-02-2010, 05:54 PM
had that problem on my old corolla ... fixed it by going to the wreckers and replacing the breather system on the air filter holder thingo

let us know how u go with it =)

RobEG
16-02-2010, 11:31 AM
would spitfire fuel injection cleaner clean it? we're looking at deposits on the fuel nozzles to the chamber right?