im.Kusuma
15-02-2010, 04:10 PM
bump.. come on guys.. its not a stupid question :(

na-118
15-02-2010, 04:28 PM
go under the car and see if the fuel tank lines up

yah mum
15-02-2010, 05:54 PM
yes the eg and ek fuel tank is the same, as for the fuel lines im not 100% sure but i dont see why u need to change it tho?

and u'll need a efi under dash loom for the eg.

im.Kusuma
15-02-2010, 08:07 PM
yes the eg and ek fuel tank is the same, as for the fuel lines im not 100% sure but i dont see why u need to change it tho?

and u'll need a efi under dash loom for the eg.
thanks.. Engine comes with loom lol
the reason is coz its 1k for the whole package. I mean thats more than cheap..
lol just wanna confirm.. thats all

niiCk
15-02-2010, 08:47 PM
thanks.. Engine comes with loom lol
the reason is coz its 1k for the whole package. I mean thats more than cheap..
lol just wanna confirm.. thats all
then hurry up and do it already

im.Kusuma
15-02-2010, 09:10 PM
then hurry up and do it already
LOL im not buying anything if it doesnt fit.

yah mum
15-02-2010, 10:02 PM
im assuming that the engine comes with a engine harness right?

but u need to change the loom that goes underneath the dash heater boxes etc..
to convert it to efi

im.Kusuma
15-02-2010, 10:15 PM
im assuming that the engine comes with a engine harness right?

but u need to change the loom that goes underneath the dash heater boxes etc..
to convert it to efi
yeah im sure everything comes all in one package. Complete engine conversion.. Its just the EFi system from EK to EG that worries me

tseesinngwailo
15-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Drill your tank :) I did it on the ED I had, but seeing how close EG and EK are, the tank should fit, shouldnt be hard to find an EG tank for EFI though

Pick and Payless at blacktown had both EG and EK a few months back, ask Peter (jdmb16a) he practically lives there, and the prices are reasonable
Cheers, Chris

na-118
15-02-2010, 10:30 PM
cant you just getter longer fuel lines?>

yah mum
15-02-2010, 10:41 PM
but ek is obd2 and eg is obd1

im.Kusuma
15-02-2010, 10:45 PM
but ek is obd2 and eg is obd1
lol would it affect if im using a y8 engine?

thanks chris! I will check it out! :)

MWAKU
16-02-2010, 12:09 AM
whats the point? unless its 1k for efi conversion + engine conversion + labour i wouldn't do it

as you said its your daily, then why you wanna do this for? only reason to do this is if u really loved ur car and didn't wanna sell it for an EFI, then doing B/H/K conversion.

otherwise for an extra 10kw, is it really worthwhile? or is that sohc vtec really worthwhile to you? also im assuming y8, so its from a coupe vti?

if u have that 1k for this conversion, **** it, and go buy some proper rims?

im.Kusuma
16-02-2010, 12:16 AM
whats the point? unless its 1k for efi conversion + engine conversion + labour i wouldn't do it

as you said its your daily, then why you wanna do this for? only reason to do this is if u really loved ur car and didn't wanna sell it for an EFI, then doing B/H/K conversion.

otherwise for an extra 10kw, is it really worthwhile? or is that sohc vtec really worthwhile to you? also im assuming y8, so its from a coupe vti?

if u have that 1k for this conversion, **** it, and go buy some proper rims?
LOL not for my red eg man.. my red EG is already converted.. I bought a $500 GL..
If i do convert it, it'll just make it easier for future plans ; another conversion b/h/k series.. Labour, i can get it for less than $500 .. Its just for a daily for me to get from home to school, home to work. lol My red eg is only for weekend car

I just think it'll make it easier.. $500 GL i wouldnt complain with good body and with 1yr rego.. lol

MWAKU
16-02-2010, 12:21 AM
lol red ones weekend car? just use that as a daily, nothing spesh about it is there ?LOL. fk this guy. complaining about nt being able to afford 1k for jdmyard rims, and goes n buys a 500 GL and 1k conversion on it LOL

im.Kusuma
16-02-2010, 12:24 AM
lol red ones weekend car? just use that as a daily, nothing spesh about it is there ?LOL. fk this guy. complaining about nt being able to afford 1k for jdmyard rims, and goes n buys a 500 GL and 1k conversion on it LOL
LOL its a car man! something useful, rather than spending $800 on rims lol.. What does rims do? just gives it good look, doesnt last long lol
I like to spend my money wisely.. lol not just on stupid shit thats not worth the money you worked for lol.
For a car, i can re sell it and get profit.. I doubt it rims could do that lol

MWAKU
16-02-2010, 12:39 AM
lol so whats the point of having two cars when ones only slightly better then the other, wats the point of having the weekend car when its the same thing as having a daily.

but yeh, rims? making profit, yea it doesn't, but i thought that what you do when u modify a car, buy parts, loose money. ur only like young man, money is nothing now, just make it up when u get older.

but if u say no point on rims? then no point on doing up your car, no point of having two cars. but, saying that, goodluck selling the car for a big profit ;) doubt you will tho.

so btw, does the conversion include the EFi conversion? so 1.5k all up? just buy it (although i still believe not wasting money on this) buy it and just modify the parts that dont fit. its not like, if it doesnt fit, its the end, can still modify bits and pieces, and im pretty sure the major components will fit.

im.Kusuma
16-02-2010, 01:19 AM
lol so whats the point of having two cars when ones only slightly better then the other, wats the point of having the weekend car when its the same thing as having a daily.

but yeh, rims? making profit, yea it doesn't, but i thought that what you do when u modify a car, buy parts, loose money. ur only like young man, money is nothing now, just make it up when u get older.

but if u say no point on rims? then no point on doing up your car, no point of having two cars. but, saying that, goodluck selling the car for a big profit ;) doubt you will tho.

so btw, does the conversion include the EFi conversion? so 1.5k all up? just buy it (although i still believe not wasting money on this) buy it and just modify the parts that dont fit. its not like, if it doesnt fit, its the end, can still modify bits and pieces, and im pretty sure the major components will fit.
lol you made a point.. Not saying you didnt lol
i agree with you with having two cars.. Future plans are the EFi convert one will be mums.. not mine, its mine now at this moment but most likely not in the future..
but hey, 2k profit still good shit man, im not expecting some 5k shit lol. My bro sold his old EG for 8800 got it for 5800, got hit here and there.. Did some modss but money came back, even better we had extra.

LOL for me, rims are just for tyres, i went thru 5 diff set of rims during my ownershp of my EG, they're just for tyres. Yes i made a few bucks profit, $100, $50.. its ok.. nothing big. lol

Anyway, we'll see, i'll ask the pros what is more suitable.. worse comes to worse i'll resell the GL for 2k or something

thanks for ur input michael :thumbsup:

MWAKU
16-02-2010, 01:22 AM
but ur bro resprayed it for like 2k, so wasn't marginally profit lol. i dunno if you'll get 2k profit from ur GL but yeh, hahaha all good bro shouldn't you go sleep wake up early in the morning b d goos boy

im.Kusuma
16-02-2010, 01:25 AM
but ur bro resprayed it for like 2k, so wasn't marginally profit lol. i dunno if you'll get 2k profit from ur GL but yeh, hahaha all good bro shouldn't you go sleep wake up early in the morning b d goos boy
got resprayed for $1500.. incl panel beat lol. Its ok la.. its just the time u wasted on the car which u cant have back.. money wise, it came back.. lolol

LOL i sleep at like 3am man.. and i am a good boy :angel:

niiCk
16-02-2010, 11:02 AM
youre dumb, the end.
buy the conversion, it will fit, just buy the parts that dont fit.
like the fuel lines lol

im.Kusuma
16-02-2010, 02:59 PM
youre dumb, the end.
buy the conversion, it will fit, just buy the parts that dont fit.
like the fuel lines lol
shut up fag. i dont shit money lol