PDA

View Full Version : New Honda...need to convince Mrs for a Accord Euro

brokenback
15-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Gents...looking at buying a new Honda Accord or Accord Euro. We have a 2008 Vti-L civic and I'd really like an Accord Euro.

So...I need to extol to the finance minister how good the Euro is and why we need to buy it. I'm sold but as for the minister...I need a plan and a good story line or facts'n figures!

So come on...hows about some lines of wisdom I can pass off? Anyone...I'm dying here!:p

SuperJDM.
15-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Tell her much more room for the kids if you do have any or decide to, its more smoother and let her pick the color :P.

NightKids
15-02-2010, 05:25 PM
Tell her about the back seat room for adventurous times.

brokenback
15-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Tell her about the back seat room for adventurous times.

Ha...at my age...well still young at heart to want a Euro.

Damn...she nearly caught me posting...I feel like a dirty sly dog:o....and lovin it!;)

felixd
15-02-2010, 08:09 PM
i would wait for it maybe they will make the new facelift model soon

Rivenscyr
15-02-2010, 08:30 PM
really?
the current one hasnt been around for too long..or has it..

kingfisher29
15-02-2010, 09:05 PM
yeah,

in the life of a brand new model(such as the CU2), when it comes to about 2 to 3 years of it's life cycle, it will bring out a face-lift model, which most likely just differently styling of bumpers, grille, headlights or taillights with some little extra features comes standard instead of extras. The car will keep selling until it reaches about 5 years (or 6) and it due for a brand new model.

and while within these 5 years or so and between the major facelift models, there will be also special edition, touring edition, sports edition, limited edition, or whatever name they can come up with editions, etc. they are just the same car with some bit more extras on it just to further confuse you when you want to buy one.

however those "special" editions will not look heaps different as compare to a regular Lux model, and most of the times i find those extra features you get on a "special" edition model are not "must have" ones. however, a pre-facelift vs a post-facelift model can change the look a lot.

what I would do if i were you, is to wait till you see what a facelift model looks like, then you can decide to buy a pre or post facelift model. if you find the facelift model is ugly, then just buy the pre-facelift one, and you may be a even better deal, coz the dealers would like to get rid of them.....

praja6
15-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Hmm but the question is how long we have to wait to get the special edition. I am on the market to purchase Euro base model auto, they are telling 2010 built model is already there and few comming by end of this month...

kingfisher29
15-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Hmm but the question is how long we have to wait to get the special edition. I am on the market to purchase Euro base model auto, they are telling 2010 built model is already there and few comming by end of this month...

well, that's the only thing you'll never gonna find out, you'll never know when will they bring out their sport edition, touring edition or whatever edition they've planned in Honda. if you see a Honda that you really love to own it, just go in and buy it, and just hope you'll hate the looks/features on the facelift or special edition that comes out 3 month later.

if you really really really want to check out all the different versions of the CU2 before you buy one, you'll just have to wait till Honda stop making the CU2 and bring out the next Euro; by that time you can be sure that there won't be another diff. version of the CU2, however you can only buy 2nd hand ones by then.

89superstage
16-02-2010, 09:36 AM
My 'Finance minister', was sold on the:
- Leather, Heated, Electric & Memory seats (CU2- Lux and above)
- Climate controlled storage spaces (center console & Glove box)
- All the toys you get with the Lux, automatic wipers, headlights etc..
- Safety features, VSA, Airbags, OPDS, etc etc
- The overall feel when inside the car, 'cocooned' and quiet.
- and oh! parking sensors, front and rear, very useful......

Mind you, I'd talk the car up till I was blue in the face, but none of the above happened until I actually got her into one, at the dealership ;), it was all down hill from there.
So my advice would be tell her about it, then get her to test drive one, and have your spiel ready!!

Goodluck :D
Des

Zimp13
16-02-2010, 09:44 AM
the rear of CU2 is not as spacious as the accord CP2....... in fact, i think the back is a bit cramp.........

brokenback
16-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks gents...the std Accord is larger than the Euro...but coming from a civic the Euro is big enough.

Test driving on Wed this week.

tron07
16-02-2010, 01:32 PM
EURO is JDM, CBU from Japan, better build quality compare to a Thai version Accord

MrHeeltoe
16-02-2010, 02:15 PM
The CL9 and CU2 in my humble opinion are the best every day driver's cars Honda has ever made. Economy, features, fun...all in one. Of course I speak for the US Acura TSX versions, but the cars are essentially the same.

praja6
16-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Is there any forum for Mazda....How does new Mazda 6 compare with EUro, interms of reliability, popularity and resale value. I seen an add for 09 built Mazda 6 classic auto for 33990 in westend mazda...

MKI4EVA
16-02-2010, 03:54 PM
mate the memory seats and sound system should seal the deal.

it's a big car though so it all comes down to how comfortable she is with driving a bigger car.

I made the move from a 07 civic sports so was in a similar situation.........

brokenback
16-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Damn...she's on to me....the "auto forum alerts"...:o

I'm in for it now.:(

Anyway...as I said test drive on Wed. She's keen on another Honda. The civic does need use of the throttle to get it to make haste. It's OK on fuel on the Hwy but not so great in city.

I suspect the Euro is similar but maybe I don't have to pedal so hard to get it to move.

The other issue is the fuel..Euro needs 95+ RON which will not impress the finance minister.

I understand the energy coefficient of the higher octane fuel means it goes further per litre...but I'm afraid that's splitting hairs for her view point...it just costs more per litre!

limleong
16-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Is there any forum for Mazda....How does new Mazda 6 compare with EUro, interms of reliability, popularity and resale value. I seen an add for 09 built Mazda 6 classic auto for 33990 in westend mazda...

The latest Accord Euro CU8 has been rated as most reliable new car by UK Which Consumer Magazine. CU8 is also Wheels Magazine 2008 COTY. It also beats the Mazda 6 in terms of resale value.

http://www.honda.co.nz/site/news/items/2009_07_30_mostreliable.html

However, Mazda 6 is a formidable competitor to the Euro plus it is cheaper. It really comes down to your wallet and your allegiance.

For me personally, there are no good enough reasons to move away from Honda.

limleong
16-02-2010, 05:50 PM

Anyway...as I said test drive on Wed. She's keen on another Honda. The civic does need use of the throttle to get it to make haste. It's OK on fuel on the Hwy but not so great in city.

I suspect the Euro is similar but maybe I don't have to pedal so hard to get it to move.

The other issue is the fuel..Euro needs 95+ RON which will not impress the finance minister.

I understand the energy coefficient of the higher octane fuel means it goes further per litre...but I'm afraid that's splitting hairs for her view point...it just costs more per litre!

For whatever reasons, women are usually dead set on CRV or Jazz (depending on budget). There is something about the CRV and Jazz that really appeal to the fairer half :D

Seriously though, the Euro is pretty fuel efficient for its size. CU2 Auto can really achieve 8.something litre /100KM if you drive carefully and not lead footed. The delta with RON95 is insignificant. The latest Euro is about 10% more fuel efficient than the latest CRV despite being about the same weight.

MKI4EVA
16-02-2010, 08:58 PM
i reckon the more you push the idea the less likely it'll happen.

she'll start to feel the car is all for you and not about her..........I'd lay low.....don't mention it and if she brings it up just casually mention the good points about the CU2.

it just might work : ).

euro1603
16-02-2010, 09:41 PM
mate just put the foot down.. you got one honda already so obviously your misses like hondas.. what other choices are on the cards?? the cu2 won car of the year last year. tell her that.. there is seriously no contenders in that price range... mazda 6 not bad looking car, i actually consider it.. but engine is boring, no vtec, and the interior build not as good as the the cu2.. what else.. avalon.. the car is hugh, good features but its a boring toyota..

good luck

MrHeeltoe
17-02-2010, 03:17 AM
My wife was not into the CL9 until she drove one. One jaunt around the block and she was sold!

The Mazda is a great product but over here Mazda resale is poor. If it isn't a Honda or Toyota it seems that nobody wants to buy it used!

tron07
17-02-2010, 12:37 PM

If you want to stinge, tell her that you can use the cheaper E10 as well... just dont tell her that the mileage you get out from a full tank is lower compare to a tank of RON98

brokenback
17-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Well...she's well and truly on to me from the forum alert replies.

Test drive tonight.

I've already been given the 3rd degree.

brokenback
17-02-2010, 03:26 PM
All right...here's the go

The wouldn't let us test drive without a sales rep present. This was a registered car not dealer plates.:thumbdwn:

We asked the manager...he said no...we said "Bye"!

As my wife pointed out we purchased the civic 18mths ago (from the same dealer) with a test drive with no sales rep. We just purchased a Holden Barina (this week)...again test drove no sales rep...we drove a Mazda 3, 2 weeks ago..no sales rep present.

So...they have lost a sale.

The dealers look "incredulous" when we said "Bye"!

Anyway...any good Honda Melbourne dealers that allow test drive without sales reps?

HunterZero
17-02-2010, 03:46 PM
We just purchased a Holden Barina (this week)...again test drove no sales rep...we drove a Mazda 3, 2 weeks ago..no sales rep present.

Not unusual. I've test driven a few cars where the rep came along for the ride.

So they would have let you test drive it, you just didn't want a Honda person in the car? Why? Were you planning on giving it a real flogging, and worried about getting tut-tutted by the rep? :angel:

Sorry, but I have to point out... You test drove a Mazda 3, then test drove and intentionally bought a Daewoo Kalos 'Barina'? :confused:

- HZ

brokenback
17-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Sorry, but I have to point out... You test drove a Mazda 3, then test drove and intentionally bought a Daewoo Kalos 'Barina'? :confused:- HZ

Sorry...the Barina was for my 22 year old daughter at UNI. Just picked it up today.

Just spoke with another dealer & Honda head office...it's not an issue...but is usually decided at local level.

The other dealer said "fine" wrt a test drive by ourselves.

As for why we want this...you cannot discuss the car without the rep's interjecting...had this happen many times before. The last car we purchased from the same dealer let us test drive no reps...18mths ago...I cannot understand the change of policy.

They lost a sale!

ozscott
17-02-2010, 04:03 PM
I got to take several different models of Honda for several days in the same week...ie overnight stays at my place. But then again my dealer has a good history with me. I would keep at it though, or otherwise just take it for a spin with the dealer and live with it. Hop into it though when its warm cause you cant kill it...AND you will love it.

Cheers

limleong
17-02-2010, 05:15 PM
All right...here's the go

The wouldn't let us test drive without a sales rep present. This was a registered car not dealer plates.:thumbdwn:

We asked the manager...he said no...we said "Bye"!

As my wife pointed out we purchased the civic 18mths ago (from the same dealer) with a test drive with no sales rep. We just purchased a Holden Barina (this week)...again test drove no sales rep...we drove a Mazda 3, 2 weeks ago..no sales rep present.

So...they have lost a sale.

The dealers look "incredulous" when we said "Bye"!

Anyway...any good Honda Melbourne dealers that allow test drive without sales reps?

This is pure ridiculous showing no respect for the customer. In NZ, many of the Honda agents/dealerships are owned by Honda Corporate. They even allow/encourage you to take the car home overnight to make sure that it is the right car for you.

Yep. Vote with your feet and go to another dealership. I would have done the same.

En1gma
17-02-2010, 08:05 PM
Sorry...the Barina was for my 22 year old daughter at UNI. Just picked it up today.

Just spoke with another dealer & Honda head office...it's not an issue...but is usually decided at local level.

The other dealer said "fine" wrt a test drive by ourselves.

As for why we want this...you cannot discuss the car without the rep's interjecting...had this happen many times before. The last car we purchased from the same dealer let us test drive no reps...18mths ago...I cannot understand the change of policy.

They lost a sale!

Have to agree with those nosey sales guys, quite annoying as my local Honda dealer was the same. I must say though, the cl9 I purchased from a VW dealer 2 weeks ago, my sales rep passed me the keys and said come back before close of business, just don't scratch the car..

Good luck with getting the accord!

Rob

Phased
17-02-2010, 08:07 PM
This may sound a bit out of place (waiting to get flamed, lol) but have you considered a Subaru Liberty? Perhaps not brand new 6-12 months old. Owning a Euro myself they are good cars but once in the liberty it's obvious it's in a differant league... (I was in the 2007 Subaru Liberty Spec.B 3.0ltr, also available in a 2.5ltr). Much more stylish interior... Sound system is in a completely different league (good if you like your tunes)...a more powerful engine with more torque down low, and of course... All-Wheel-Drive.

To be honest, purchasing new cars can be good in certain ways.. (only owner, full warranty etc.) however the amount of money you loose on new cars is ridiculous. I'm unaware of your financial situation, however, personally unless it was a salary sacrifice or a company car I would look at something thats only 12 to 24 months old (will still come with the remainder of warranty) with less than 40-50,000kms. This way its practically a new car but you don't loose soo much on depreciation... not to mention extra interest if you're financing it. If you're sticking to a Honda/Subaru... Reliability won't be an issue before 150,000kms if it's well maintained :-) Most finance companies still offer car loans with a "balloon payment/residual" with cars that are newer than 5 years old.

I also realize that if everyone was like this then their would be no market for new cars =P. However, I think there will always be people that prefer new for whatever reasons.

praja6
17-02-2010, 08:53 PM
This is what i observed between purchasing brand new cars and second hand cars. This may helpful someone considering to purchase second hand car.

Well when purchasing 2nd hand car in either private or in auction they may contain certain risks, just a simple question. Why somoene wanted to sell their car in few years time. If you have a look it only few people sell their car with genuine reason such as growing family or sudden overseas relocation. But how many people r telling the truth when selling their car?

For my knowledge purchasing a second hand car contain certain risks, unless its from dealer that also needs to be aware of fine prints or end of lease after 2 years(as suggested by Phased)..SOmetimes the second hand car in private sales can be a reborn car.. Have a look in carsale website, how many cars people are selling from one particular suburb mentioning a reason as relocating to overseas, especially few months ago i noticed a suburb called Greenacre in NSW . Most cars are BMW, Subaru you name it all says going overseas with just under 2years old cars with unbelievable low price..Damn if most people goes from that suburb to overseas, i am sure that suburb would have been a rich for sure..

Sometimes risks involved like repaied cars which was written off from Insurance company. In one way i believe repair writen off cars are legitimate, but do they mentioning when they try to sell the car? No only you may find our when you take the car to NRMA inspection or from REVs check.

I am not saying all 2nd hand cars involved in risks, but all in luck. ALso few years old second hand cars are not far that cheap compare with purchasing a brand new car.

just an example 18months ago one of my friend purchased a Toyota camry from government auction which was only less than 6 months old with 45,000 on the clock for $20k, after transfer fees it was 22k. After a month brand same model altise new camry on clearance sale was listed for 25999 and the dealer was ready to give it for 25k without further negotiation.

I am totlaly lost the point, Why people blindly says "you loose the value immediately for a brand new car, after you drive off from dealer car yard" sure, but are you going to sell the car immediately on the next corner? I am sure people would drive it for atleast minmum 3years until the warranty terms, unless some genuine reasons.

What i would personally think is if you want to drive a car without thinking/facing hassle brand new car is the way, as you are the one driving the car first and if something happens it covers under the warranty. however not everyone is financially flexible to purchase a brand new car.

In that case i would go for a car someone sell after end of lease or in government auction

Phased
17-02-2010, 09:36 PM
This is what i observed between purchasing brand new cars and second hand cars. This may helpful someone considering to purchase second hand car.

Well when purchasing 2nd hand car in either private or in auction they may contain certain risks, just a simple question. Why somoene wanted to sell their car in few years time. If you have a look it only few people sell their car with genuine reason such as growing family or sudden overseas relocation. But how many people r telling the truth when selling their car?

What i would personally think is if you want to drive a car without thinking/facing hassle brand new car is the way, as you are the one driving the car first and if something happens it covers under the warranty. however not everyone is financially flexible to purchase a brand new car.

In that case i would go for a car someone sell after end of lease or in government auction

I understand your points to buying a new car.

The point about depreciation is that no matter how you look at it the depreciation of vehicles it is not straight line... It decreases less as the car ages. You are going to loose much more value of the car in the first 3 years than between 3 and 6 years and beyond.

I understand the associated risk with buying second hand cars, however... if it's from a dealer it has to come with a statutory warranty (of 3 months 5,000kms) but most of the time the remaining warranty is transferred into your name or the dealer offer larger warranties of 3yr/150,000km which are common.

I personally wouldn't recommend buying a car thats a year old from a private seller without a thorough inspection. Having said that, I wouldn't buy ANY car without a thorough inspection. If it has service history and hasn't done many k's and drives fine, isn't blowing blue smoke... then realistically (if its a Honda/Subaru) what's the worst problem you could have? That wouldn't be related to recalls/defects? This is of course excluding Cut-and-Shuts which can be mostly avoided by checking numbers and the surrounding areas.

Lets be rational here...There are many more legitimate reasons than moving overseas or a growing family... I was considering selling my car ('05 Euro Lux) to upgrade to a '06/'07 Liberty Spec.B... nothing wrong with my car... full service history up to when i bought it in which I have maintained it maticously (flushed ALL fluids when I first got it then replaced with AMSOIL Synthetics) and cleaned and detailed religiously inside and out... All receipts and details are logged. I wanted to upgrade as I would like a nicer sound system and more low end torque. (I don't like the idea of modifying the Euro sound system). Some people may not be happy with the car or decide that they want a sports car, perhaps an SUV, a bigger or smaller engine.

Don't just assume that because you're buying a new car that everything will be fantastic. A large group of new car owners find themselves at the dealership more often in the first year/two years than the following two. Recalls, etc. There is no argument it doesn't cost you anything when brand new because it wouldn't later on either if you have the remaining warranty.

To be honest, the only cars I know about anyone owning (this includes Subaru, Holden, Honda, Mitsubishi and Toyota) that haven't been back to the dealer in the first year or two because of mishaps some of which the dealer won't own up to or let you claim as warranty is my Dad's Mitsubishi Lancers. Both of which have been trouble free cars right up until the 120,000kms mark with NO compulsory recalls.

Even the 1st Gen Euro's have a list of common problems from any age... (new or otherwise)
- Driveshaft/Inner CV Joints
- Fuel Relay
- Clutch Master Cylinder
- Noisy/Sensitive brakes
- Door Lock Actuators (ALL)

The only rational reason (that can't be well and fairly criticized) to buying a new car is the fact that it's new. Nobody else has owned it so you can control how good the interior and paint job looks and its condition. However, these are things that can be visually inspected when purchasing a second hand car.

There are of course risks with buying second hand cars and always will be... however I think you are blowing them way out of proportion. A one owner car with less than 50,000kms is NOT a high or even medium risk purchase. Especially if it's from a dealer.

rant() return 0;

lol

89superstage
18-02-2010, 05:10 AM
This is pure ridiculous showing no respect for the customer. In NZ, many of the Honda agents/dealerships are owned by Honda Corporate. They even allow/encourage you to take the car home overnight to make sure that it is the right car for you.

Yep. Vote with your feet and go to another dealership. I would have done the same.

wow Brokenback !! I'm Gobsmacked :eek:

I could'nt agree with Limelong more!!,
Almost the exact same experience. We said we'd have the car back in 30 mins, she (sales rep) just looked at us and said "no, take it for the next 4 hrs"!,by ourselves... and we'd walked in off the street, no prior call, booking, nothing!

Like he says, mate, vote with your feet.....

Des

tony1234
18-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Personally if i were you i'd wait a bit longer before buying.Main reason is you'll be losing a fair amount of money on trading the Civic it being only 18 mths.old.Hang onto the Civic a bit longer.My wife has an 09 VTI-L and i really enjoy driving it.:)

brokenback
18-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Personally if i were you i'd wait a bit longer before buying.Main reason is you'll be losing a fair amount of money on trading the Civic it being only 18 mths.old.Hang onto the Civic a bit longer.My wife has an 09 VTI-L and i really enjoy driving it.:)

I can claim a tax rebate after 40,000K of new car purchase. So it's best to try to re-buy while the car has a reasonable trade in value.

Civic is ok car...slight throttle & auto take up hesitancy ...is the main gripe.

edit:

called another dealer and asked for test drive ..by ourselves...they are fine...and a bit gob-smacked at the local dealers attitude.

I'll be looking at the Liberty as well but the local dealer was pretty much "snobs" last time I was looking at a car. I'll still give them a look though.

albii
18-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Liberty is an ugly pig... It could drive like a cl600 merc and i still wouldn't buy it.

brokenback
18-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Liberty is an ugly pig... It could drive like a cl600 merc and i still wouldn't buy it.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...or I need new glasses?:cool:

Yeh..it's not as sleek as the Euro...but...it's ok.

kimnkk
18-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Let us know what you and your wife think after your test drive. Bad luck on the dealers by the way, its hard finding a good Honda dealer that treats you like a customer, i had the same problem.

Snowcone
18-02-2010, 04:01 PM
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder...or I need new glasses?:cool:

Yeh..it's not as sleek as the Euro...but...it's ok.

Yeah funny that. I just copped a serve of a guy on a Ford forum because I criticised the look of the Ford Taurus that he happened to be in love with. He didn't think "underpowered and hideous" was an appropriate description.

albii
19-02-2010, 12:37 PM
. He didn't think "underpowered and hideous" was an appropriate description.

I say your analogy was spot on.:D

tony1234
19-02-2010, 06:05 PM
I say your analogy was spot on.:D
Agreed.The Taurus looks like a cockroach.:thumbdwn:

brokenback
19-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Agreed.The Taurus looks like a cockroach.:thumbdwn:

Agree...100%.:eek:

Type R Positive
20-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Gents...looking at buying a new Honda Accord or Accord Euro. We have a 2008 Vti-L civic and I'd really like an Accord Euro.

So...I need to extol to the finance minister how good the Euro is and why we need to buy it. I'm sold but as for the minister...I need a plan and a good story line or facts'n figures!

So come on...hows about some lines of wisdom I can pass off? Anyone...I'm dying here!:p
Why trade up on the civic? :confused:

It is heaps bigger on the outside, which I'm finding to be a bit of a pain parking in the city. I got a base model, and it's got stuff all boot room, but enough for the groceries. The interior is heaps better than the civic, and there is enough room in the back for passengers. My big mates and I fit in no worries.

I've had no probs with mine, and I am shocked how little fuel it uses. I'm getting about 9L/100kms around town. drive a bit hard, but cruise control keeps me out of trouble.

If I had the '08 vti-l civic, I'd keep it for now mate. seriously. I traded a '07 corolla accent sport and lost a shit load of money. The euro shits all over it, but it is still a costly exercise.

Type R Positive
20-02-2010, 06:25 PM
I can claim a tax rebate after 40,000K of new car purchase. So it's best to try to re-buy while the car has a reasonable trade in value.

Civic is ok car...slight throttle & auto take up hesitancy ...is the main gripe.

edit:

called another dealer and asked for test drive ..by ourselves...they are fine...and a bit gob-smacked at the local dealers attitude.

I'll be looking at the Liberty as well but the local dealer was pretty much "snobs" last time I was looking at a car. I'll still give them a look though.Ah, I didn't read this post.

Liberty kicks arse mate. Don't listen to the honda fan boys here mate, make an educated choice. I wanted a liberty gt, but couldn't afford it.

biee2
20-02-2010, 11:12 PM
yep same....love the liberty gt.....just couldnt afford one at the time. wouldnt sell my euro to get 1 though coz atm im in love with my euro :p

albii
21-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Ah, I didn't read this post.

Liberty kicks arse mate. Don't listen to the honda fan boys here mate, make an educated choice. I wanted a liberty gt, but couldn't afford it.

Have you seen the new liberty? It screams Holden epica..
Even the Subaru lovers are shaking their heads in disgust because of the styling.

tony1234
21-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Have you seen the new liberty? It screams Holden epica..
Even the Subaru lovers are shaking their heads in disgust because of the styling.
Yeah i'm not too keen on it,too big.

buddah51au
21-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Why trade up on the civic? :confused:

It is heaps bigger on the outside, which I'm finding to be a bit of a pain parking in the city. I got a base model, and it's got stuff all boot room, but enough for the groceries. The interior is heaps better than the civic, and there is enough room in the back for passengers. My big mates and I fit in no worries.

I've had no probs with mine, and I am shocked how little fuel it uses. I'm getting about 9L/100kms around town. drive a bit hard, but cruise control keeps me out of trouble.

If I had the '08 vti-l civic, I'd keep it for now mate. seriously. I traded a '07 corolla accent sport and lost a shit load of money. The euro shits all over it, but it is still a costly exercise.

I am afraid I will have to disagree with Type R on this 1. I had a 2006 FD1 Auto & upgraded to a base model CU2 Auto in 2009. There is no comparison between the 2 cars in my view, it's like trying to compare an apple with an orange. You will find there is little difference between the 2 cars in economy.

HunterZero
22-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah i'm not too keen on it,too big.

+1. I was another buyer who was very tempted by the previous model Liberty GT, but couldn't justify the price difference, so got the Euro.

Current model Liberty is hideous, it's a porker.

- HZ

Phased
22-02-2010, 04:53 PM

I was not referring to the Newest model... I was referring to the '07/08 models Possibly even an 06 that is a MY2007. In my opinion they look much more stylish than the CU2 and CL9.

The CU2 is VERY american toy/Acura looking. Far too much chrome, far fetched grille and unnecessary body contours and headlight shapes. The CU2 changed the Accord Euro from Moderately Stylish, easy on the eye and flowing to a Chunky American, over chromed toy.

I have to admit the Interior and cluster of the CU2 shits all over the CL9 in terms of style. The CU2's Interior is almost Lexus looking... But far less dramatic and borderline over-the-top. Perhaps I should do a CU2 cluster/dash conversion... LOL :D

biee2
22-02-2010, 08:44 PM
+1. I was another buyer who was very tempted by the previous model Liberty GT, but couldn't justify the price difference, so got the Euro.

- HZ

yeppsss....i lik the older model liberty. dont lik the new ones....there styling just doesnt appeal to me.

but the 2006-2008 liberty gt would probably be the only one i get, basically the model b4 the recently released one.
at the time i was on red p's and liberty gt was so expensive. they didnt have restrictions when i was on p's so yeah but coz of the price i went for the euro

euromandeluxe
22-02-2010, 10:01 PM

- HZ

it looks like it was conjured up in daewoo's design offices.

but the front end does have some small resemblance to the late model thai accord...

brokenback
26-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Got to drive an Accord Euro this morning, up Mt Dandenong. A very very nice handling car indeed.:thumbsup:

Engine wise...a lot sweeter than the civic. We are also driving my Brothers brand new Aurion V6 ATM, while he is OS. The Accord engine is ok, it's not like the V6 though. But the upside...the Euro "cane's" the Aurion in all other depts.

The only thing I didn't like was the head room. Not quite enough for me.

We are driving an Accord (non-euro) early next week to compare, but at this moment...it's going to be difficult to beat the Euro!

Edit:
Also meant to say that the dealer Vehicles Securities Register (VSR) enquiry about our trade in, Vti-L civic, red flagged that our car had an encumbrance on it...when it didn't. :o

It turns out the Victorian VSR red flagged our car because it had the same licence plate as another car, in another state, that was a completely different make & model to our car.

Had to pay $15 to get a print of "clear title" on our vehicle...that was never need in the 1st place.

What is becoming of the world! Even the computers are stupid...or deliberately so ..sniff sniff: for "tax collection" purposes.:(

Phased
27-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Got to drive an Accord Euro this morning, up Mt Dandenong. A very very nice handling car indeed.:thumbsup:

Engine wise...a lot sweeter than the civic. We are also driving my Brothers brand new Aurion V6 ATM, while he is OS. The Accord engine is ok, it's not like the V6 though. But the upside...the Euro "cane's" the Aurion in all other depts.

The only thing I didn't like was the head room. Not quite enough for me.

We are driving an Accord (non-euro) early next week to compare, but at this moment...it's going to be difficult to beat the Euro!

Edit:
Also meant to say that the dealer Vehicles Securities Register (VSR) enquiry about our trade in, Vti-L civic, red flagged that our car had an encumbrance on it...when it didn't. :o

It turns out the Victorian VSR red flagged our car because it had the same licence plate as another car, in another state, that was a completely different make & model to our car.

Had to pay $15 to get a print of "clear title" on our vehicle...that was never need in the 1st place.

What is becoming of the world! Even the computers are stupid...or deliberately so ..sniff sniff: for "tax collection" purposes.:(

Remember, A computer only does what a programmer tells it to do. ;)

Still think you should test drive an '08/Early '09 Liberty Spec.B 3.0Ltr... The power of a 6-Cylinder with higher equipment levels and more style (in my opinion) than the Euro! I saw an '07 Liberty GT Today (Very Similar interior to the Spec.B) and it was very impressive.

brokenback
01-03-2010, 03:28 PM
The winner is...Vti Honda Accord...non euro.

Not that I didn't like the euro...it was a bit too limited in headroom for me. But I must say it drives really well.

The std Accord isn't bad. It handles very well...a lot better then my brothers Toyota Aurion Prodigy (I've been driving for the last 2 weeks). It's also finished better than the Toyota. Sure it's not a V6 but it'll do.

Thanks for the help gents...move'in over to the Accord forum now.