PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Day

VTI-L
15-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey Guys,

Incase some of you have read the Civic 2010 thread heres a quick intro,

Just brought my 2010 on Jan 31, this is what I have ordered,

Bulid Jan 2010, MY10 and obviously complied 10,

Honda Civic VTI-L, with Floor Mats, Front Fogs, Rear Sensors, Tint, Full tank of Fuel, and Mudflaps for 29400 d/a, was orginally 29k even, but added the sensors and fogs in after the deal, still even the dealers is taking a loss on those.

Shopped round 5 dealers in Sydney city, The mail today is the car is still on the boat as of today, with Early March delivery

On that thourght, Delivery, since there is alot of proud and dedicated honda owners out there, My question is there anything i need to keep an eye out for when i take delivery that become a theme?

Cheers Guys, S....

brokenback
21-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Check the car over before you sign for it.

Dealers have a habit of getting you to sign for the car prior to seeing it. When you read the fine print of the paperwork it states you have accepted the condition of the car...but hang on a sec...you haven't seen it yet.

Look, nothing is probably going to be wrong...but it is a point of contention.

We picked up a new VN V8 back in 1990 & after signing for it & the dealer took us to the car & then told us they had broken the rear demister terminal on the rear windscreen & were going to replace it (the windscreen).

It took the dealer 2 attempts to replace this successfully...& scratched up the paint work on it's support moulding so much they rusted out early! Also goop stains on hood roof lining.

We should not have signed for that car before looking! We also should have asked them of any damage before signing!

So, learn from our mistake!

VTI-L
21-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Cheers mate, yeah being a Honda I dont think there would be anything wrong with the car, checking oit over first is a defiante,

Good to see there is not concurrent issues with the cars at the time of delivery!

jjeetthh
22-02-2010, 03:08 PM
i bought an MY10 as well last december 27. got it mid feb as i was told the car will be coming straight from the factory. Got the car already, been using it for 3 weeks. How would i really know that I got the MY10, aside from the sticker?

Cheers!

kawai
22-02-2010, 03:17 PM
your lucky i order way b4 xmas and its arriving on the 24th this month :( can prob pick it up on the 26th. But mine is a vti :D

VTI-L
22-02-2010, 03:24 PM
i bought an MY10 as well last december 27. got it mid feb as i was told the car will be coming straight from the factory. Got the car already, been using it for 3 weeks. How would i really know that I got the MY10, aside from the sticker?

Cheers!

Hey, there been a few other discussions on other threads, but...

Check the bulid date, open front passenger door, and down the bottom there is a bulid plate...then you will know when it was bulid, most car from november production onwards are classed a my10 model - its an america marketing thing that australia is now adopting.

Cheers S...

jjeetthh
22-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Hey, there been a few other discussions on other threads, but...

Check the bulid date, open front passenger door, and down the bottom there is a bulid plate...then you will know when it was bulid, most car from november production onwards are classed a my10 model - its an america marketing thing that australia is now adopting.

Cheers S...

thanks mate... i saw that one :)

jjeetthh
22-02-2010, 08:28 PM
your lucky i order way b4 xmas and its arriving on the 24th this month :( can prob pick it up on the 26th. But mine is a vti :D

mine is a vti auto.

VTI-L
22-02-2010, 08:44 PM
thanks mate... i saw that one :)

Was it bulit in Jan this year?

jjeetthh
22-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Was it bulit in Jan this year?
dec 09

kawai
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
:D got mine today build in JAN and compliance was Feb 10.

btw what do ppl think of their head lights ? mine looks super bright >.< and i have purchased HID kit b4 i got the car now still thinking to or not to put them on >.<

VTI-L
26-03-2010, 09:09 PM
After almost 2 month, Jan 31 date I brought and order the car, Finally getting my VTI-L tomorrow!

Added a Chrome Exhaust Tip onto the options this week, just seen some round the thought that set the car off nicely.

Going to check the car right over to make sure it perfect, then driving i think is in order for tomorrow afternoon

Cheers S....

Reclus
29-03-2010, 12:27 PM
After almost 2 month, Jan 31 date I brought and order the car, Finally getting my VTI-L tomorrow!

Added a Chrome Exhaust Tip onto the options this week, just seen some round the thought that set the car off nicely.

Going to check the car right over to make sure it perfect, then driving i think is in order for tomorrow afternoon

Cheers S....

You can add stuffs in the last minute?

enjoy the new car mate :)
and i can see they offer new rims for MY10 VTI-L?

VTI-L
29-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah, added abt 5 sayd before delivery, considering it was just a exhaust tip, it could easily be fitted

Reclus
29-03-2010, 06:33 PM
added spoilers?