PDA

View Full Version : EP3 Owners, I need your HELP...

IF20CI
16-02-2010, 11:39 AM
hi all,

I'm currently having some dramas with my EP. This is what happened:

one day, the keyless remote entry was not working.
so I unlock the door with the key and jump in and start the car.
the car drives fine but the handbrake light on the dash will not go off even when I released the handbrake.
Only the fan of the a/c works as it didn't pump out cold air from the vents.
The central locking didn't work.
The interior lights didn't work when its sitting in "DOOR" position with the door opened.

I took the car to an auto electrician this morning, the guy said it could be a faulty MCIU (Mission Control & Interface Unit) which will cost ard 400 - 500 bucks. which is fair, but he said he needa run diagnostic tests to make sure the problems are caused by the MCIU, so he said he'll need to have the car for one whole day.

Then I ask him about the charges of the testing, he said he is charging by hour and he will NOT tell me a rough idea on how long. I think it sounded a bit dodgy...

so my question is, does any of you know what could possibly be happened to my car? would it be the MCIU? any of you know what it does and the location of it?

if possible, anyone know the solution to the above problem?? any help will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance..

Rivenscyr
16-02-2010, 01:18 PM
My friend had a handbrake light problem, i think its got something to do with brake fluids

Perry
16-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I got the same break light problem on my old civic. I thought its just the sensor is dead.

NightRyder
16-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Might be worth spending a few minutes checking the obvious things by yourself or if really not confident, have your mechanic look at it before reaching deeper into your pockets to pay the $$$ to have it fixed... :)

Possible suggestions/solutions to your points below:
1. Check the remote battery, replace if you have to.
2. N/A
3. Sticky sensor?..have you tried pulling the handbrake up and releasing it a couple of times times to see if it turns off? Are all the indicators on the dash functioning as it should?
4. Regas?
5. Faulty motor/module?
6. Blown fuse?

:)

hi all,

I'm currently having some dramas with my EP. This is what happened:

one day, the keyless remote entry was not working.
so I unlock the door with the key and jump in and start the car.
the car drives fine but the handbrake light on the dash will not go off even when I released the handbrake.
Only the fan of the a/c works as it didn't pump out cold air from the vents.
The central locking didn't work.
The interior lights didn't work when its sitting in "DOOR" position with the door opened.

I took the car to an auto electrician this morning, the guy said it could be a faulty MCIU (Mission Control & Interface Unit) which will cost ard 400 - 500 bucks. which is fair, but he said he needa run diagnostic tests to make sure the problems are caused by the MCIU, so he said he'll need to have the car for one whole day.

Then I ask him about the charges of the testing, he said he is charging by hour and he will NOT tell me a rough idea on how long. I think it sounded a bit dodgy...

so my question is, does any of you know what could possibly be happened to my car? would it be the MCIU? any of you know what it does and the location of it?

if possible, anyone know the solution to the above problem?? any help will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance..