PDA

View Full Version : Higher pitched noise when lights and air con on

icejazz
16-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Hi, on my 03' Jazz when I switch on the lights (full beam) and then switch the air-con on I get a slightly higher pitch noise which I can hear from inside the car (and outside) coming from under the bonnet. Initially I thought it was the compressor but when I switch the lights off I don't get the noise. I switch the lights on again and I get. It is not a loud noise but I didn't have it before. I can only hear it at idle. Any thoughts?

its_ish
01-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Do you have HID's in your car?
It sounds like a high pitched noise emitted by the converter for the HID's.

stylzjhn
02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Do you have HID's in your car?
It sounds like a high pitched noise emitted by the converter for the HID's.

I was going to ask the same thing. But he said it happens when the aircon is on also?

its_ish
03-03-2010, 01:58 PM
I can only think for the HID ballasts or the alternator.

dwn_boi
03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
maybe its like a crappy connection, like something isn't earthed right?

I have a ipod adaptor which I plug into my ac socket and when I have my headlights and aircon on I can hear a real high pitched noise (though it only happens when I am playing through the ipod) I remember the Belkin company recalled the product I have due to the fact it can randomly start fires caused by a faulty metal washer causing issues.. So check you don't have any loose wires or a dodgy Ipod adaptor lOl.

Unless it's you car warning you you've left your lights on after turning the car off and it didn't happen before coz you had your door closed :P jk