PDA

View Full Version : EJ8 Suspension/Brake options

mugen_ctr
16-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Ok im getting to the point were the handling jus isnt cuttin it for me.....and brakes
Being a Ej8 and not a Em1, means i dont plan on spending more than what the cars worth and im also a student meaning $$$$, so id rather jus replace with other oem from other cars or 2nd hand parts, rather than fork out....

1st: thing, would chucking Em1 suspension improve the handling? and also the rear sway bar? would it lower the car aswell?
Or would u jus go 4 like king springs with the sway bar option

2nd: Upgrading Drums to disc... Got quoted like 800 all up for parts does that sound right?... would i still be able to retain abs system?

slighty off topic, Cat backs? Saw some R vision 1's, where did they go? would like to get 1 of em, preferable 2nd hand

jks24
16-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Em1 suspension might give you slightly better handling but for the effort and labour etc you may as well spend some cash and get coilovers, even if you buy second hand coilovers (save you a bit of money that way)

Also would be upgrading rear brakes as you already plan on doing, even look at ek9 rear setup, you will be rolling on 5 stud that way :D

CVCEM1
16-02-2010, 10:53 PM
his on a $$ budget cause his a student mannnnggggg...

i full time work and i dream to have 5 stud conversion...i wont get it now...but one day..

jks24
16-02-2010, 10:54 PM
well you can always save up for things, all good things come to those who wait :)

EK1.6LCIV
17-02-2010, 09:49 AM
save coin, wait til youre done with your study

otherwise, an em1 sway bar for the rear (it fits I made a diy/review some time ago on what you need to install it on an EJ8), decent shocks and springs with dba front slotted rotors and oem pads have cut the mustard for me for yrs now

your second question is on par with a drive in and out price, and yes it retains abs just make sure the setup you buy has the abs modules and harness otherwise they are very expensive to obtain from a dealership