PDA

View Full Version : front brakes squealing after changing them

KilLeR.eG
17-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi guys

i have a 2001 sedan and i changed the pad a month ago and the still squeal i was wondering when my mate changed them 4 me he said that i was missing plates on both sides thats y is squeal, does it come with 2 plates on the outside of the brakes ? can any1 help me it very annoying

cheers

riruiz_88
17-02-2010, 12:15 PM
it could be that, the plates are there to (sometimes) stop squealing pads. but you need to use some sort of grease that stops it better from the noise.
in saying that, im not using the plates or the grease and no noise for me.
could also be that there is something on the pads (rock, debris etc..) rubbing against the rotor.

chowdaa
17-02-2010, 08:02 PM
You can pick those plates up from honda cheap as, just present them with your vin. squeal comes from unchamferred pads making unwanted contact with the outer lip of a worn disc, insufficient grease on contact points of pads, poor quality pads and sometimes the pad shims/plates.

losteg.
21-02-2010, 01:00 PM
machine your dics

aaronng
21-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Get the anti-squeal plates from the dealer or from the wreckers. Apply anti-sieze as well in between the plates and between the plates and pad.

bennjamin
21-02-2010, 08:34 PM
or perhaps you didnt bed the brake pads in properly....you may of used , then brake suddenly or often to overheat the pads then rest with your foot on the brakes ( at a traffic light for example) and this left deposits on the pads or brake discs. You may need to re-bed the pads in or machine the discs.