PDA

View Full Version : DA9 suspension options?

I heart the SSS
17-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Righteo.

I know that EG/DC2 suspension is interchangable with LCAs etc etc junk.

Now, with the DA9, is there any other form of honda in which you can apply suspension from?

I've been looking for decent DA9 stuff and can't find jack. I might end up getting some KMAC's custom wound and some short stroke KYBS but i'm sure there is a better, cheaper alternative?

A second hand set of Teins wouldn't go astray :P

Zilli
18-02-2010, 01:44 PM
hey mate.. ive found personally that parts for the DA's seem to be harder to come past... the member who posted above telling you to go to Ebay has started our sticky thread for DA9's, so im sure he can be helpful enough to explain to you interchangability of parts which is what you were asking

Best of luck, and good to see you in a Honda!

A-man
18-02-2010, 01:48 PM
i dont understand y my post was deleted. if u search ebay for da integra. it will come up with 3000 items for the da9 this includes suspension that way u get what u want for the car you want.

if your chasing 2nd hand gear g2ic.com has alot of coilovers etc. come up

I heart the SSS
18-02-2010, 01:51 PM
hey mate.. ive found personally that parts for the DA's seem to be harder to come past... the member who posted above telling you to go to Ebay has started our sticky thread for DA9's, so im sure he can be helpful enough to explain to you interchangability of parts which is what you were asking

Best of luck, and good to see you in a Honda!

Ta Zilli, it's been a while!

I will hunt around hondatech and so forth with regard to sussy.

i dont understand y my post was deleted. if u search ebay for da integra. it will come up with 3000 items for the da9 this includes suspension that way u get what u want for the car you want.

if your chasing 2nd hand gear g2ic.com has alot of coilovers etc. come up

Thanks for the link,

but..

Are any sussy arms and components interchangable with the DA?

rage_against
18-02-2010, 02:01 PM
ebay sells skunk2 suspension stuff, if you try the american ebay you can pick a set of skunk2 coilovers up failry cheap really, if not you can always just buy the skunk2 adjustable shocks for i think 450au and grab your own springs

rage_against
18-02-2010, 02:04 PM
oh the other thing as well, if you wanna try it, ebay had for sale from an aus company g4 coilovers for 600 posted

A-man
18-02-2010, 02:05 PM
on the rear its the same as an eg. my suspension currently is oem except lowered springs so im a little tardy on this. but coilovers, lcas, and rear camber kits are fine for egs to da.

the front camber kits are slightly diff
and the traction bars are diff to

string
18-02-2010, 02:39 PM
No need for a "traction bar". We already have a radius rod so you can simply replace the standard rubber bushing with a spherical and save some $$.

Spend $600 or less on coilovers and expect rubbish.

A-man
18-02-2010, 03:26 PM
i duno bout that

its like d2 coilovers alot of people whinge about how shit they are but i havent seen them shell out of there own pockets to trial a set. they just copy what everyone else says. and gives them a bad rap. ive got them on my civic i dont see physically any reason to doubt them there built like a ground control or similar. but ill try them and let u kno :p

I heart the SSS
19-02-2010, 02:38 PM
I might hit up the skunk2 gear, thanks for that A man.

Did you mention that EG struts fit DA9? Or just camber arms and so forth?

rage_against
19-02-2010, 05:47 PM
just remember that if your in nsw coilovers are not street legal.

I heart the SSS
19-02-2010, 08:15 PM
True that, i'll probably be going Skunk 2 springs with some form of Short stroke gas shocker however :)

If i where to go coils, it would cost too much IMO (2K+ for Flex)

jdm.R1
19-02-2010, 08:28 PM
ive been told that eg shock will fit a da with the eg lca's. springs from eg will fit too but may give a different height. as in 2.5" lowered springs from a eg wont lower the da 2.5".
i know itr/eg rear strut bars fit the da for sure tho...

slimx
21-02-2010, 09:28 PM
bro i was looking around 4 a bit man.

I got my fronts from PEDDERs auburn for $150 (just springs), and i got my rear springs + shocks from pick n payless.. for $150 2nd hand but pedders shocks and king springs.. cant go wrong man.

Shop around ull find the best price.

I heart the SSS
22-02-2010, 12:44 AM
I might hit up these skunk2 units for liek 250 usd posted..

Jon_51
22-02-2010, 02:59 PM
I'd recommend koni for the do it once and do it right option.
or kyb and kings or pedders or whatever.
probably better off doing that and bushes then a set of flex on old bushes.
itr stuff fits, if you get the drop forks and the rear trailing arms to suit.

FR33K
01-03-2010, 06:24 PM
I had ground control matched with koni yellows and i was pretty happy with it.

stevo716
04-03-2010, 09:26 AM
im running koni yellows, with eibach springs. adjusttable damper is awesome.
not to low either doesnt scrape everywhere

string
04-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Adjustable damping sucks; one more setting to get wrong, until you get it right of course.

stevo716
04-03-2010, 01:50 PM
hard or firm wats hard bout it, soft to medium soft for daily, firm when u wanna do some corners lol

string
04-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Your handling doesn't magically get better the stiffer your shocks. You need to find the exact right spot, which not only involves getting the right front rear balance, but total front+rear damping. It's a very slow iterative process, which, when you get it right, you will not want to touch.

If you're fiddling with it all the time then chances are you don't know what it's supposed to feel like.

stevo716
04-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I dont adjust it, i was just saying, i like how its set now

Chriskoss
04-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, was going to make my own one on same topic before and thought why bother with 2..

Can anyone confirm that eg/dc LCA's are interchangeable with a da9? I need a new Fr LHS LCA and just trying to find one is a hassle so if I can just grab a civic one could be alot easier