PDA

View Full Version : AFC NEO best set up

tangyoonee
18-02-2010, 12:43 PM
I have AFC NEO on my car.
Does anyone no wat's the best set up to get the maximum performance?
thanks

TODA AU
18-02-2010, 05:51 PM
thanks

Best option, bin it... You have a DC5

2nd best option, have it tuned to suit your car...
Realise it goes out of whack every 2 weeks, then bin it...

VAFC & NEO are a waste of time on DC5

tangyoonee
18-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Best option, bin it... You have a DC5

2nd best option, have it tuned to suit your car...
Realise it goes out of whack every 2 weeks, then bin it...

VAFC & NEO are a waste of time on DC5

actually I have EK with H23A.
Previous owner told me he got it tuned by TODA. Only if u can remember this car?
Low rev range has no power compare to 2.0 DC5. when I start from 2n gear it takes time to get speed.
thanks

aaronng
19-02-2010, 12:11 AM
thanks

Agreed with binning it. With an AFC Neo, your ECU will start throwing CEL and going into limp mode if you drive hard because the Neo does not support the K-series' crank position sensor!

tangyoonee
21-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Is it hard to disengage it?

aaronng
21-02-2010, 12:21 PM
actually I have EK with H23A.
Previous owner told me he got it tuned by TODA. Only if u can remember this car?
Low rev range has no power compare to 2.0 DC5. when I start from 2n gear it takes time to get speed.
thanks

Start from 1st gear, especially if it is using the H23A gearbox which has long ratios (H23A came from the wagon Accord SiR).

The Neo should work with the H23A without giving CEL, but not sure how much gains you will get since all you are doing is adjusting the fuel trim and not the ignition timing.

tangyoonee
21-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Start from 1st gear, especially if it is using the H23A gearbox which has long ratios (H23A came from the wagon Accord SiR).

The Neo should work with the H23A without giving CEL, but not sure how much gains you will get since all you are doing is adjusting the fuel trim and not the ignition timing.

Maybe doing ECU tuning will give better performance?

AXS
24-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Maybe doing ECU tuning will give better performance?

full aftermarket computer is the best way to go, what other mods will it be tuned with??