PDA

View Full Version : ecu

rage_against
20-02-2010, 01:02 PM
what would be the best way to go ecu wise, a chipped ecu or something like an emanage blue? not much is done to the car but ive found an emanage fairly cheap and was just tossing up whether to buy that or a chipped ecu. thanks

blk_shadow
24-02-2010, 09:55 PM
try to be more specific, like what car do you have and what engine do you have.

I'm guessing you're running a stock ECU at the moment.

e-manage is a piggyback computer, but is better than some chipped ECU. Unless if you're talking about Hondata, I'll get a stand-alone ECU

Chr1s
24-02-2010, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't bother with the aftermarket piggys for most street hondas.

Hondata and some other 3rd party softwares have it down pat.

rage_against
25-02-2010, 12:45 PM
thanks, its a b16a in da9, and the chipped ecu im talking about is off a trader on here. yeah its stock ecu atm obd1 if that helps. im not buying the emanage anymore but im still still curious as to what would be better anyways, piggy back or chipped?

CRXDEL501
25-02-2010, 01:00 PM
full ecu is the way to go.

you have pm.

blk_shadow
25-02-2010, 03:33 PM
thanks, its a b16a in da9, and the chipped ecu im talking about is off a trader on here. yeah its stock ecu atm obd1 if that helps. im not buying the emanage anymore but im still still curious as to what would be better anyways, piggy back or chipped?

I would say full ECU. easier to play around with and more flexibility in tuning.

But then again, it all depends on what do you want to achieve.

CRXDEL501
25-02-2010, 03:37 PM
I would say full ECU. easier to play around with and more flexibility in tuning.

But then again, it all depends on what do you want to achieve.

this is true. :thumbsup:

everyone has their own plans, budget etc.

Limbo
25-02-2010, 03:45 PM
If its a honda, go hondata for the full capabilites & ease

It works out cheaper in the long run