PDA

View Full Version : Honda Smart Membership

gldsaucer
20-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I have just bought a new accord vti. I was offered to buy a 3 year Honda Smart Membership. The salesgirl said that it covers dents and scratches for 3 years. So if I any any dents or scratches, they will fix it for free. No claim fee or nothing, free. But I could not find this on the honda website. I was wondering if this is a dealership thing or officially from Honda?

bono
20-02-2010, 08:50 PM
I too was offered this when picking up the new car from the dealer (Syd, NSW). However, the Honda Smart membership was not mentioned. I just received a photocopy A4 sheet outlining details of this service.

It is described as "Small Accident Repair Technology". Is offered by the Honda dealer but Honda not actually doing the work themselves. Was told another company will take care of this. I guess Honda must be getting some sort of commission then. Also, not sure this is the same with all other dealers. Better to contact the dealer directly to confirm if you are really interested

*3 year membership $888.00

Repairs;

*Bumper Bars
*Painted alloy wheels
*Side mirror castings
*Stone chips
*Seat trim
*Vinyl surfaces
*Surface scratches
*$55 per claim

It does not mention dings, dents, scratches on doors or on other panels.
Anyway, I declined this offer...

gldsaucer
21-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Mine is $695 for 3 years. The salesgirl mentioned that free claim on dents and scratches..It seems like it is very good value, just that I cant find anything about it online..

bono
21-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Yes that's great value!

Most annoying thing is to have many little dents/scratches on your car from careless drivers who don't care about others. I've installed the optional extra part on the door to protect them. Looks great also!

Danzvtil
14-06-2010, 08:19 PM
How, sly, this sounds suspiciously like an insurance policy.You are essentially pre paying for dent/chip repair for 3 years even tho you might not use it.NO THANKS.

Zilli
15-06-2010, 11:12 AM
as long as the claims process is free, and unlimited it sounds like a good little offer, when you consider that the average dent will cost $50 to repair, you are likely to gather a fair few dents for a daily driver over 3 years, and it keeps the car immaculate.... do they cover scraches where paintwork needs to be done?

Who is it underwritten by?

It might not be on the Honda website because it is offerred by each individual dealership franchise rather than the manufacturer