PDA

View Full Version : a/c on makes uncomfortable ride while idling

cheapdouchebag
21-02-2010, 12:20 AM
is this honda's mistake with the eg series civics? i tend to let myself drop back to neutral at traffic lights and raise the revs to at most 1-1.1k rpm otherwise the car has a stuttering feeling and i do not like it.

is there a problem if there is stuttering or not? anyway to work around this?

grifty
21-02-2010, 08:31 AM
try doing this DIY

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4693&highlight=iacv

cheapdouchebag
21-02-2010, 01:08 PM
i dont think its my IACV thats playing up, because after warmin up the car the engine usualy idles under 1000k, reading comments and all from that diy, looks like the revs became higher after the clean

TheSaint
21-02-2010, 01:56 PM
mine does this as well

the engine shudders when the A/C is on, the car is idleing fine

im thinking that getting an engine damper will fix it

markgonzales3
21-02-2010, 02:55 PM
mine does the same..

djkotic
22-02-2010, 02:51 AM
i got a breeze and mine does the same. idles without a/c @ around 1k but with a/c on it fluctuates at 500 give or take. sounds as if its going to stall.

anyway thought this was because i had the weak as piss 1.3l breeze motor.
anybody else (gli+ with efi engines) having the same/similar problem?

markgonzales3
22-02-2010, 06:55 AM
i got a breeze and mine does the same. idles without a/c @ around 1k but with a/c on it fluctuates at 500 give or take. sounds as if its going to stall.

anyway thought this was because i had the weak as piss 1.3l breeze motor.
anybody else (gli+ with efi engines) having the same/similar problem?

yeah mate, same here with me. i've got a d16y1. EG vti

kraiye
22-02-2010, 07:37 AM
my b16 does the same. it's as though the ecu doesn't compensate for the extra power the a/c is drawing

Gio
22-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Its something that wears over time as mine never used to shudder when the aircon was on but now it does. You can increase the revs by adjusting the screw which is located on the intake manifold but in doing that it increases the revs with and without the aircon on.

djkotic
22-02-2010, 10:55 AM
woah, i guess i dont feel too bad about my car anymore since everybody else has similar problems. im not too fussed about the shuddering but damn, with the 1.3l motor and a/c on... i can't take off at traffic lights lol when its hot, i turn off the a/c for a few seconds and when im on 2nd i will put it back on fml haha

grifty
22-02-2010, 11:30 AM
who needs a/c these days, no a/c ftmfw (notsrs)

how is a hondas a/c btw? i havent been able to enjoy mine yet :(

cheapdouchebag
22-02-2010, 10:29 PM
who needs a/c these days, no a/c ftmfw (notsrs)

how is a hondas a/c btw? i havent been able to enjoy mine yet :(

their alright, its pretty suprising that a 92 model car had an air con, think it was one of the few firsts that had actually WORKING A/c i remember my dad n mum used to drive bloody holden vl's uleh untill it rusted with fail a/c. now theve switched to honda, so have i, and dont regret it lol.

CB7_OWNER
22-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Your engine mounts might be shot, check those out. If they are, best solution replace them.. Easy solution fill with inserts/poly rubber stuffs