PDA

View Full Version : Civic 2.0 or Accord Euro (CU2)

SaintX
21-02-2010, 03:10 AM
hi guys,
I am planning on getting a secondhand car. The reason for getting second hand is because I am only planning to use the car for a year, so some of my mates advised me to get a secondhand car if its for the short term.
Anyway, I am thinking of getting either the Civic 2.0 or the Accord Euro basic model (CU2). However, my main concern is, which car has the better resale value? Is there any other things I should consider?
thanks

tony1234
21-02-2010, 09:55 AM
hi guys,
I am planning on getting a secondhand car. The reason for getting second hand is because I am only planning to use the car for a year, so some of my mates advised me to get a secondhand car if its for the short term.
Anyway, I am thinking of getting either the Civic 2.0 or the Accord Euro basic model (CU2). However, my main concern is, which car has the better resale value? Is there any other things I should consider?
thanks
I'd say the CU2 would have better resale though it depends how long you keep it.There are probably more Civic sports available on the 2nd.hand market than the CU2.

buddah51au
21-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Base model CU2 is in a different league altogether. You really can't compare the 2 cars. that's my opinion. I would advise you ask denot as he had an FD2 civic & upgraded to a base model CU2. I know he is happy with the upgrade. ( except for the colour he chose)

[ IV 23 VI ]
21-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Depends on how much u want to spend,

You can spend alot and probably loose alot with the CU2 since the new model will be coming out soon...

Or you can pick up a cheap civic 2.0 and not loose much on it, maybe a few grand.

buddah51au
21-02-2010, 02:35 PM
A new model CU2, I am interested to know more. It will be a huge departure from normal for Honda as they normally have a model cycle of 5 to 6 years with maybe a slight facelift around every 3 years.

SaintX
21-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I thought the CU2 is pretty new already. Honda is coming out a new facelift for it?
Anyway, most second hand basic model CU2 is around $33k-35k, while the best deal I've seen on a civic is a 2007 2.0 with all sports kit and spoiler, driven for about 11,500kms and its going for $29900, I thought thats a very good deal.

denot
21-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Like buddAh said, i've both cars and can absolutely tell u that u wont even consider the civic after u drive the cu2. As stock, the cu2 is wayyyy better than the fd2. But if u like modding your car n doesnt like the already gereat quality of a stock car, choose fd2 since there's more aftermarket part for it.

Seriously, facelift model cu2 will be here maybe next yr. But 9th gen civic should be here the yr after. Go figure which one will have better resale value...

SaintX
22-02-2010, 04:34 AM
Well, I am actually more interested in the Accord Euro cause the Civic is way too common now. Besides, the looks of the Euro is way classier than the Civic. If I were to get the CU2 basic model, how much roughly do I need to fork out if I were to add in Fog lights and parking sensors? should I get them from Honda, or go for aftermarket?

limleong
22-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Well, I am actually more interested in the Accord Euro cause the Civic is way too common now. Besides, the looks of the Euro is way classier than the Civic. If I were to get the CU2 basic model, how much roughly do I need to fork out if I were to add in Fog lights and parking sensors? should I get them from Honda, or go for aftermarket?

Re: Reversing sensors. The OE Honda reversing and front sensors can be integrated with the dash MID (Multi Information Display). The integration is quite nice as it visually shows you which sensor has been activated. This is an advantage over aftermarket sensors.

What I am unsure is whether the sensors/MID integration can be done by the dealer or it is factory installed only. You might want to check with your dealer service department.

tron07
22-02-2010, 08:15 AM
if depreciation is the main concern, then the older the car you get the less you got to lose, those early year CL9.... lol

denot
22-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Re: Reversing sensors. The OE Honda reversing and front sensors can be integrated with the dash MID (Multi Information Display). The integration is quite nice as it visually shows you which sensor has been activated. This is an advantage over aftermarket sensors.

What I am unsure is whether the sensors/MID integration can be done by the dealer or it is factory installed only. You might want to check with your dealer service department.

Note: this is only on Lux model. If you buy standard, it wont be integrated to the MID.

MKI4EVA
22-02-2010, 09:32 AM
if depreciation is the main concern, then the older the car you get the less you got to lose, those early year CL9.... lol
:thumbsup:

SaintX
23-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Yea, I would prefer the CU2 than the civic but only thats missing from the basic model is the fog lights and parking sensors. Besides that, what about changing the lights to xenon. Is it expensive to do so? I assume the bulbs are pretty cheap

denot
23-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Yea, I would prefer the CU2 than the civic but only thats missing from the basic model is the fog lights and parking sensors. Besides that, what about changing the lights to xenon. Is it expensive to do so? I assume the bulbs are pretty cheap

Parking sensors are optional in Civic Sports as well though...

furythree
23-02-2010, 11:12 AM
why do u plan on getting the car for only a year but still want so many optional extras that dont make much of a difference except cost u a few grand that will disappear when u sell it?

do u have a car already? id reccommend sticking with it

SaintX
23-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Nope I dont have a car at the moment. I need to have a car for work purposes but most likely I will only be needing it for a year. Civic 2.0, the accord euro CU2 (basic) and now the mazda 3 sp25 is the ones that I am considering. I would much prefer the CU2

tony1234
23-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Nope I dont have a car at the moment. I need to have a car for work purposes but most likely I will only be needing it for a year. Civic 2.0, the accord euro CU2 (basic) and now the mazda 3 sp25 is the ones that I am considering. I would much prefer the CU2
Mazda 2 SP25 definitely worth considering,you can pick up a demo for under 30K.Id pick this over the Civic sport.2.5ltr.over a 2.0ltr.Sat nav std on Mazda,new model,Civic approx.4 yr.old model.

denot
23-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Mazda 2 SP25 definitely worth considering,you can pick up a demo for under 30K

Waoooo 2.5L Mazda 2... niceeeeee :p

tony1234
23-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Waoooo 2.5L Mazda 2... niceeeeee :p
Just noticed.Typo.lol at 2.5ltr.Mazda 2

SaintX
23-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Uhhh... You guys meant mazda 3 sp 25 not mazda 2 right?
If its mazda 3 you guys were referring, yea then its worth the price since it comes with a lot of features and not to mention it actually comes with sat nav on board, sounds like a good bargain though.
However, I honestly really love the looks of CU2. Mazda 3 hatchback also looks good but not as classy as the CU2. Damn, spoilt for choice now. Features or looks is more important ? lol

tony1234
24-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Uhhh... You guys meant mazda 3 sp 25 not mazda 2 right?
If its mazda 3 you guys were referring, yea then its worth the price since it comes with a lot of features and not to mention it actually comes with sat nav on board, sounds like a good bargain though.
However, I honestly really love the looks of CU2. Mazda 3 hatchback also looks good but not as classy as the CU2. Damn, spoilt for choice now. Features or looks is more important ? lol
I was comparing the Mazda 3(sedan) to the civic sport.against the CU2 there is no contest.

denot
24-02-2010, 08:15 AM
I was comparing the Mazda 3(sedan) to the civic sport.against the CU2 there is no contest.

yeah, I agree tony... CU2 is on different level, I think it should be compared to Mazda 6 instead...

limleong
24-02-2010, 06:22 PM
yeah, I agree tony... CU2 is on different level, I think it should be compared to Mazda 6 instead...

Most car magazines that I have read rated the CU2 higher than the Madza 6 (eg. Wheels AU, Autocar UK, US Consumer). In fact Autocar UK rated the Euro a better drive than the Audi A4.

SaintX
24-02-2010, 08:46 PM
The only difference between the CU2 basic model than the other models are just features right? driving, engine performance are the same between models right?

tony1234
25-02-2010, 06:09 AM
The only difference between the CU2 basic model than the other models are just features right? driving, engine performance are the same between models right?
Pretty much.But the lux has softer spring and damper rate than the std.

denot
25-02-2010, 07:54 AM
Most car magazines that I have read rated the CU2 higher than the Madza 6 (eg. Wheels AU, Autocar UK, US Consumer). In fact Autocar UK rated the Euro a better drive than the Audi A4.

Dunno bout A4, but it surely better than 6. I've test drive both n decide to purchase te CU2

tron07
25-02-2010, 08:01 AM
why do u plan on getting the car for only a year but still want so many optional extras that dont make much of a difference except cost u a few grand that will disappear when u sell it?

do u have a car already? id reccommend sticking with it

I already mention if he is concern about the value get a CL9.

I think he wants a euro.... hahaha... get a brand new Cu2 lux and be done with it

tron07
25-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Dunno bout A4, but it surely better than 6. I've test drive both n decide to purchase te CU2

Only Audi, I am interested is the Quottro models.... :thumbsup:

SaintX
25-02-2010, 09:15 AM
I already mention if he is concern about the value get a CL9.

I think he wants a euro.... hahaha... get a brand new Cu2 lux and be done with it

Yea I would like a euro, but because of budget concerns, thats why basic model is my most realistic option here. But I've found a deal for a second hand euro luxury navi, driven for 50k with a price tag of $36k.

dansta
28-05-2010, 01:36 PM
i am picking up my civic sport 2010 with full modula kit tinted windows parking sensors , its a little down on power compared to my golf vr6 i traded in, good allround car, and it has paddle shitts

praja6
28-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Yea I would like a euro, but because of budget concerns, thats why basic model is my most realistic option here. But I've found a deal for a second hand euro luxury navi, driven for 50k with a price tag of $36k.

I think if you can add another 6k you may try to haggle for a brand new Euro lux nav 2010 early built model.....You already decided to spend 36k and don't think an extra 6k will bite your hands..

Thanks.

antony
28-05-2010, 11:07 PM
I have just replaced my written off Jetta with a new Euro.

As far as toys go,you cannot beat the Jetta,although I think the new Euro is a more substantial car.

The previous Euro was very similar to the Jetta.

Have you considered a Jetta ???

It is far superior to a Mazda 3 IMHO...