PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Ideas For Daily & Track

hitoriko
21-02-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi guys,

i've been trying to work out what would be a good shock & spring combo for everyday driving and still be good to take on track - if possible i'd rather not go coilovers.

so far im thinking KYB AGX's as the shock as there easy to get offer good performance and have heard nothing but good things.

and as for springs im not sure.

my car is an EG Civic hatch with the D-series, at the moment i havea rear 4 point brace and a front cusco strut brace & blox LCA.

suggestions please on what else i should get - remeber its only entry level so i would rather not have to spend big dollars unless its unavoidable.

cheers!

90LAN
21-02-2010, 09:20 AM
dc2r shocks and springs

best cheap set up available

hitoriko
21-02-2010, 10:26 AM
standard dc2r shocks and springs?

CB7_OWNER
21-02-2010, 04:33 PM
^yep dats it

redefine
23-02-2010, 09:43 AM
only problem with dc2r sussy in eg is you need eg6/dc2r lca's to make it fit

rk 86 wa
23-02-2010, 10:32 AM
do the dc2r shocks/springs and if you have any money left over (of course with the lca's) get a nice big fat sway bar on the rear

hitoriko
23-02-2010, 03:38 PM
i have purchased BLOX LCAs for my eg5 would the DC2R suspension work with these LCAs or not

liberx
26-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Not sure about the BLOX with DC2R shocks (gut feel is probably not as its mounted to the lca diferently and doubt they can take both types)

Next best is KYB AGX shocks (to suit EG LCA) combined with DC2R springs. I have this setup and works well. Its not very low, but can be driven daily without a worry, with good firm track suitable springs. The adjustment in the shocks firms up nicely for track work, pull them back for kidney friendly ride (but still firm).

Combined with a rear bar (I run a 20mm whiteline adjustable on firmest setting) and you have good balance too.

Recommended and tested by me :cool:

If you have a bit more budget Koni Yellows shocks would be better again, for more finite and range of adjustability.

johnny5
02-03-2010, 01:28 AM
i've got koni yellows in my car.... absolutely love it man... coupled with eibach sportsline springs... love it :)

plus you always have the option of coilover sleeves if u want coilover type height adjustment further down the track, which is what i'm looking at now :)

Phased
06-03-2010, 01:29 AM
I've owned KYB AGX's in my old Integra.

One thing I will say. You get what you pay for. There's no doubt that the KYB's are durable and reliable however don't expect them to have the linear rebound/compression and performance of a Bilstein/Koni.

I would recommend Koni Yellows/Bilstein Sports with either a Ground Control sleeve kit OR any STRAIGHT SPRING that suits the ride height you want to obtain. If you don't have enough money I would go the Koni Yellows with DC2R Springs... You won't have to change your LCA's (Provided you opt for the EG specific ones), you can lower it by adjusting the spring perch and it will outperform the standard DC2R shocks!

and UPGRADE YOUR REAR SWAYBAR!!!

:-)

Happy Hunting!

EG5
14-03-2010, 07:13 PM
i have purchased BLOX LCAs for my eg5 would the DC2R suspension work with these LCAs or not

They wont work on dc2R suspension

Limbo
19-03-2010, 09:07 AM
i run the KYB AGX, and found them to be pretty much on par with the Koni sports adj.

UHC292
20-03-2010, 02:11 PM
do the dc2r shocks/springs and if you have any money left over (of course with the lca's) get a nice big fat sway bar on the rear

Yeah this setup is actually really good for the price you're paying. Then later on down the track if you ever want to upgrade to coilovers, the LCA and rear sway is already there so it'll only get better. Saves you the hassle from hunting for them later.

hitoriko
17-06-2010, 07:48 PM
REVIVE!

Hey guys,

ok so i finally got off my arse and started getting things for my suspension sorted, i've got the BLOX LCA, Beaks Tie Bar nad today i got the shockers quoted and i can get kyb agx's for about $280 a corner (Is this price good?) Now im looking at a bigger rear sway bar i was thinking one from a DC2r (is that the right one?) with the end links (i'll just get this from a honda wrecker) and then i need springs, springs i haven't looked at just yet but welcome suggestions

cheers

JDM-EGG
17-06-2010, 07:56 PM
i got koni yellows with jumbo springs, better setup then kyb' here , i can send if u can organise courier check my fs thread.

cheers

Mr_will
17-06-2010, 08:08 PM
when you say you would 'rather not go coilovers' you do realise that 'coilover' is just a term to describe the placement of the shock inside the spring, and that the setup you are describing is a 'coilover' setup (which is determined by honda at the factory, not you).

as above, dc2r setup (they are coilovers, lol) is great value

hitoriko
17-06-2010, 09:05 PM
when you say you would 'rather not go coilovers' you do realise that 'coilover' is just a term to describe the placement of the shock inside the spring, and that the setup you are describing is a 'coilover' setup (which is determined by honda at the factory, not you).

as above, dc2r setup (they are coilovers, lol) is great value

by coilover i mean full track spec - you know what i mean :P

JDM-EGG - i'll have a look now

Mr_will
18-06-2010, 03:07 PM
by coilover i mean full track spec - you know what i mean :P

JDM-EGG - i'll have a look now

well the majority of members on this forum that have aftermarket coilovers, i would speculate, would not have 'track spec' models

subie
18-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm also in the market for new suspension to lower my eg4 too.. so, following this thread closely :)

what about BC Racing coilovers?

hitoriko
18-06-2010, 08:59 PM
At this point im pretty convienced that KYB AGX's are the way to go for shocks - springs on the other hand im not so sure about, i wouldn't mind trying out something that noone else has

i'll be looking on alot of US sites i think, and im sticking with the idea of front and rear type R Sway bars