PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Line

fromdeeeast
21-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Lately I have had been losing clutch fluid causing me to top up every 1-2 weeks.

I finally had time today to see where the leak was, I noticed it was at the plastic clutch line, before the bleed nipple right above the gearbox.

Its a really little hole but enough for about a drop to come out every time I press the clutch. I have now seen the leak.

As I need to replace this, it made me think can any clutch line from another car fit as long as it is approximately same size and length.

Also where would I get a clutch line? I tried supercheap but no luck, I'm going to try a parts supply shop tomorrow and see how that goes.

Any info would be great

geeang
21-02-2010, 07:58 PM
Easiest would be to grab an intact clutch line from the same model car from a wrecking yard, that way its just bolt in without needing to mess around with anything (would also help to know what your car is).

fromdeeeast
21-02-2010, 08:18 PM
oh sorry, 94 Integra Vti-R.

Yer thing is, no wrecking yards where I am, would have to get a wreckers to pull one off for me and post it, and I haven't had the best luck getting parts "as said condition" from wreckers.

yah mum
22-02-2010, 01:11 PM
u could get braided line made up for it?