PDA

View Full Version : 2-tone Civics (EK,EG)

ozmetaldrummer
21-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey Guys,
Sprayed most of my car today and realize I dont have enough paint left to finish the rest. Looks like it is going to be two-toned.
Any suggestions on a colour to match a Green Pearl?

Anyone got pics or links to pics of 2 toned EK hatches?

Much appreciated.

Oz.

dougie_504
21-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Black? Pic of the green pearl?

SuperJDM.
21-02-2010, 09:48 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/96fb81.jpg hehe.

countonjohn
22-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Im a big fan of the two toned look with the black bonnet, roof, spoiler and boot. Especially on the hatches. Makes the front end of the EK less "bulky looking" IMO. :D

YBJLS4
22-02-2010, 01:21 AM
two tone seriousy looks dirt. black bonnet black this black that jdm yO! is gay. its over now, it doesn't compliment a clean car, its too busy and well.. i dunno. just shit ay. it looks try hard and noob, everytime i see a car with a black hood and other multiple black shit..... i look down and don't bother looking at that car

get some money, and finish the job. nothing will look nice two toned with a green pearl, unless u wanna drive down the street and have everyone think ur a cheap **** and ur car looks like a peice of shit.

bear in mind SOME people may think its cool, from those select enthusiasts.. but u driving down the street like that, girls dont looks twice, they can't even tell its "two-toned" they just think its a piece of crap box u couldn't afford 2 spray.

i know you mod your car to your own liking, but u'd have to have some big pride to drive down the street attracting the wrong attention.

I heart the SSS
22-02-2010, 01:22 AM
you sir, are a moron.

MrJohn
22-02-2010, 01:59 AM
two tone seriousy looks dirt. black bonnet black this black that jdm yO! is gay. its over now, it doesn't compliment a clean car, its too busy and well.. i dunno. just shit ay. it looks try hard and noob, everytime i see a car with a black hood and other multiple black shit..... i look down and don't bother looking at that car

get some money, and finish the job. nothing will look nice two toned with a green pearl, unless u wanna drive down the street and have everyone think ur a cheap **** and ur car looks like a peice of shit.

bear in mind SOME people may think its cool, from those select enthusiasts.. but u driving down the street like that, girls dont looks twice, they can't even tell its "two-toned" they just think its a piece of crap box u couldn't afford 2 spray.

i know you mod your car to your own liking, but u'd have to have some big pride to drive down the street attracting the wrong attention.

hey ozmetaldrummer, you should listen to this YBJS4 enthusiasts ^^^^. =) he knows what his talking about LOL!!!
HAHA!!!

NightKids
22-02-2010, 03:23 AM
you sir, are a moron.

:thumbsup:

JasonGilholme
22-02-2010, 09:08 AM
i agree. two toned isn't appealing to me. I don't hate it as much as YBJLS4 does, but i do think it looks silly.

Would rather have a car all the same colour, or have a carbon bonnet instead of a black "wannabe carbon" one.

Boban
22-02-2010, 09:31 AM
I've got a two-tone sedan at the moment, and to be honest i'm over it. It's been like that for about a year (white car, black bonnet, roof and boot) but i'm looking at respraying it in one colour again. Each to their own i guess, i don't hate the two-tone look and i love my sedan but i think it's time for something different, and at the time the spray job was for free so i couldn't say no.

Not sure what would work with green pearl, maybe gold???

dougie_504
22-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Depends on the two-tone IMO. If you have some bullshit pink/yellow combo it might look crap, but my mate's EF8 is burgundy with a black bonnet which comes off really nice with his gun metal grey rims (somebody front-ended him and he had to get a new bonnet, only black available not really a homo).

EDracer
22-02-2010, 10:09 AM
you sir, are a moron.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:could not have said it better myself.

my 2c, i like both, if someone has a nice car and has completed the "JDM" look with black carbon bonnet, black roof, black boot, and a standard colour over the rest with black trimmings. TOTAL AWESOME.
But i think also that one colour over the whole thing with black trimmings is also super hot. it really is each to his own, and i really dont think that this noobie (to the forum)'s comments are needed, hey buddy if you dont like it dont look. im sure it will not bother the person who owns the car that someone does not like it. hell it bothers me not that ppl dont like the CRX, but i have one and i love it. or that i had a red (faded to almost pink) ED civic before it. i loved the cars and ppl's opinions that didnt like it, i didnt care about. so maybe just in the interest of actually getting along with people in the forum, try not to piss them off before making friends.

tiksie
22-02-2010, 10:51 AM
you sir, are a moron.

Werd.

shurman
22-02-2010, 02:42 PM
i <3 noobs.

OP i would save and get more paint. two tone is doesn't suit all cars.

JasonGilholme
22-02-2010, 03:22 PM
or get a VK.

pieee
23-02-2010, 12:53 AM
As the others have said I think only black would go with that shade of green, but the question is do you want to fall into a stereo type or not I guess? Either that or maybe get some more paint of the same colour? Is your problem that you think you might not get the same mix of green or that its too expensive and would rather a cheaper colour to two tone it with?

YBJLS4
24-02-2010, 12:14 AM
i am a moron cause i said it straight?

gronk. acting like ur a mad**** on a high horse.

neway, how is black going to go with a green pearl, it doesn't suit at all. how did i piss neone off. cause i said doing two tone on a aftermarket respray will look shit? cause it will?

yeah do the black bonnet n stuff on a oem color (even this is gay, cf is the only way), but please, if ur going to respray your car into a aftermarket green pearl, please do it properly and do it all the way.

even the long time members here agree not doing it two tone.

telling me, if i dont like, dont look. i just said i dont look? i said when i c one of those cars with the two tone and looks cheap, i look away. if u like that rat look do it but im giving my opinion and my 2c. see, people agree with what i said, maybe not too that certain degree of how much i hate it, but yeh.

lets say u pull up to a meet with that two tone shit, yeah some people will like it, but most ppl will think ur a cheap **** n should have just finished the job. especially cause u have an aftermarket color. if u had an OEM color with the two tone, yea it won't be anything, but yeh. if u got a carbon bonnet it might be ok, but as u saying u can't afford new green paint i doubt ull afford the cf bonnet. so i just assume u going to do it some shitty base color. its like the debate, replica vs genuine. all the lil kids dun care n love the replicas, but all the real honda enthusiasts love there genuine and rocking replica never gets points.

one of the mod rules i go by is, not to take short cuts, do everything the right way and proper way, do the first time the right way. and if ur going to go for a style, like sexspec, do it all sexspec, dont do it half half. it doesnt look good 2 anyone. if its jdm, all jdm.. u no what i mean?

civic_99
24-02-2010, 12:18 AM
Dr. Phil of Ozhonda?

redefine
24-02-2010, 10:02 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Chann86/Cars/IMG_2584.jpg

2 tone?? XD

that was half way through the job, and yes, i did rock up to a meet like that...haha

its finished now though

ozmetaldrummer
24-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Haha, thats a good one Redefine.
The colour is the standard green like the pic above but the guy who mixed it put an extremely light pearl through it.
Im not too keen on the two-tone, just wanted to see a few pics of it done. I was thinking of doing something a bit different and two-toning it from say just where the plastic strips are on the pre-face EKs.. that, or something else. Not sure.
Im not that low on money so getting another lot of paint to redo the whole car is an option and one i'm seriously considering.
YBJLS4, thanks for your input champ but tone it down a notch man (no pun intended), pissing off long term members ins't the way to get a name for yourself and/or gain respect.
Cheers people, keep the suggestions coming..still got 2 weeks before I can get it sprayed again.