PDA

View Full Version : Tein EDFC setup

rokkuchan
22-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi ppl,

I got my edfc installed for like 2-3 months now, i did everything myself, but I'm just not too sure whether i've done it correctly or not. (I have Tein Monoflex)

I mean, I've always had it on 12Fr 12Rr settings, but that's even very bumpy there. I changed to like 3 / 3 for awhile, I do 'sort of' feel maybe it's more bumpier but it could be just my imagination since i know it's on 3 /3. How big a change is it suppose to be? Coz i can't really feel the difference so i'm questioning whether ive done it right or not.

I've followed the booklet instructions and also followed DIY from S2ki. if i follow the booklet, it is still loose, so i just do more turns to make it tight.

How big a feel in difference is it suppose to be for each step down or up??

FYI the rears were a f**king bitch to do, even worse putting the rubber seals on. So probably don't want to take it off again. Also, I want to get it engineer certified, can EDFC be certified along with the coilovers? I know the coilovers can.

JAP-S2K
22-02-2010, 02:00 PM
LOL about the rear install!the passenger side.

Mine is noticable when going from 0-16, Yours may be a little harder to pick as your running the Mono Flex which has a firmer spring rate. Is it 10f 10r or is it 12f 12r? Progressively when you change it it doesn't seem like much is happening, but you do notice it on the track. If it isn't installed correctly then a error code should come up (mine does). Easiest way i found is, find a really shit road (easy to find in sydney) and play around, you'll pick it easy then.

To my knowledge EDFC doesn't require any engineers certification, so all should be sweet if you get your coilovers certified ( as it's part of the coilover), unless you come across po-po that's out to defect you.

rokkuchan
22-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Yeah rear passenger...my god, lose a nut in there and ur screwed. I needed my little sister to put her tiny fingers in there to pick it out.

Yeah i believe it's 10kg/mm spring rate all round. Or could be 12? I'm not 100% sure.

Mmm i may give it a try and find some shitty roads. The EDFC only errors out when it's not connected or something wrong with connection. Not sure what else it errors on.

Thanks mate.

LOL about the rear install!the passenger side.

Mine is noticable when going from 0-16, Yours may be a little harder to pick as your running the Mono Flex which has a firmer spring rate. Is it 10f 10r or is it 12f 12r? Progressively when you change it it doesn't seem like much is happening, but you do notice it on the track. If it isn't installed correctly then a error code should come up (mine does). Easiest way i found is, find a really shit road (easy to find in sydney) and play around, you'll pick it easy then.

To my knowledge EDFC doesn't require any engineers certification, so all should be sweet if you get your coilovers certified ( as it's part of the coilover), unless you come across po-po that's out to defect you.