PDA

View Full Version : Da9 integra 89 - 93 brake upgrade help

SPRIGGAN82
22-02-2010, 04:22 PM
hey guys n girls need some help finding some bigger brakes for my da9 because the standard ones are just KRAP anyone know if you can use bigger brake calipers & rotors from another honda that will bolt straight in any info appreciated

string
22-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Have you tried getting better pads and fluid? I use standard rotors and calipers, and have enough braking power for the track. It's all in the pad.

kosmo90
22-02-2010, 08:56 PM
And maybe braided brake lines??
Ps. what happened to the lights string?

braeden
22-02-2010, 09:24 PM
And maybe braided brake lines??
Ps. what happened to the lights string?

I don't think there will be much difference between braided and rubber brake lines to be honest - who knows, you might look cooler though.

kosmo90
22-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh ok,i thought that it might be better than 20 year old rubber but you learn something new every day :D

slimx
22-02-2010, 09:38 PM
go for brembo dc2 brake calipers. got it done.. couldnt be happier.

got them from ebay, genuine from us ebay motors

SPRIGGAN82
22-02-2010, 10:32 PM
did you have to customize anything to fit dc2 calipers

slimx
22-02-2010, 11:09 PM
no straight fit.

SPRIGGAN82
24-02-2010, 12:10 AM
cheers for the info guys anyone else know any brake/rotor upgrades for da9

Zilli
24-02-2010, 07:19 AM
I don't think there will be much difference between braided and rubber brake lines to be honest - who knows, you might look cooler though.

braided lines help with pedal feel, particlarly when you are pushing hard in a track environment and the brake fluid reaches high temperature, causing the rubber lines to balloon and create inconsistance pressure in the pedal...

it wont help you pull up on the street... maybe on the track after 10 hot laps.

Zilli
24-02-2010, 07:20 AM
go for brembo dc2 brake calipers. got it done.. couldnt be happier.

got them from ebay, genuine from us ebay motors

what are Brembo DC2 calipers?

slimx
24-02-2010, 10:28 AM
u know the caliper, the thing that.. pushes the brake ..
the one u got in there is honda one.. its very good.. unfortuntaely ONE OF myn broke. so rather than getting stockies again i just got a brand name one, its slightly bigger mechanic said he had bit of a mission putting it in. but yeh now if i left foot brake my car stops.. so fast my belt barely holds me lol.

Brembo is lyk some.. american brand i tihnk? like sony.. or.. skunk2 its just aftermarket.. brand.

slimx
24-02-2010, 10:29 AM
upgrading ur rotor, i enquired about that.. b4 changing my calipers.. they kept telling me its not worth it, its about $800 to change them.. to like some euro one.

string
24-02-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm going to basically repeat what I said because it's senseless wasting money chasing arbitrary goals.

I have two DA9s. One with ordinary cheap pads and cheap fluid, and one with RDA OEM sized blank discs, Motul RBF600 brake fluid and Hawk HP+ pads. One of my cars brakes like a runnaway truck down a steep hill and gives you no confidence - the other is simply awesome, especially trailing off the brakes.

Upgrading discs and calipers is expensive. Upgrading discs and calipers whilst sticking with cheap pads will give you poorer braking performance than me, and a much greater cost in both time, money and effort. Upgrading discs, calipers, and your pad compound will result in extreme braking performance. The original post gives me the impression that you are not after extreme braking performance, but rather, a step up from "KRAP", which you will get with a pad and fluid suitable for your needs.

Honestly, it's all in the pad.

slimx
24-02-2010, 11:37 AM
yeh i agree... just get a nice pad.. bendex is quite good.. bout $80-$90 a pair

A-man
24-02-2010, 11:46 AM
wilwood. they do kits on the net reasonable priced bolt up kits

Zilli
24-02-2010, 03:00 PM
the one u got in there is honda one.. its very good.. unfortuntaely ONE OF myn broke. so rather than getting stockies again i just got a brand name one, its slightly bigger mechanic said he had bit of a mission putting it in. but yeh now if i left foot brake my car stops.. so fast my belt barely holds me lol.

Brembo is lyk some.. american brand i tihnk? like sony.. or.. skunk2 its just aftermarket.. brand.

thanks for the explanation... your brakes must stop your car very quick

there were never Brembo's for DC2's... but anyway...

braeden
24-02-2010, 03:43 PM

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here - the only time I have ever seen someone use their left-foot for braking is in Japanese motorsport. Are you driving an automatic? cause that's still the wrong technique, explain?

And I am aware of the increased brake response with braided lines - but I didn't know I was meant to assume that everyone is tracking their car on OzHonda.

Chriskoss
24-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Hey mate, I upgraded my da9's old worn discs and pads to some slotted+drilled discs with new pads. and the braking power has increased easily by 35% or more and no shuddering or anything, so you could have old and worn discs which obviously would result in the pad not gripping it properly,causing brake power loss

slimx
24-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here - the only time I have ever seen someone use their left-foot for braking is in Japanese motorsport. Are you driving an automatic? cause that's still the wrong technique, explain?

And I am aware of the increased brake response with braided lines - but I didn't know I was meant to assume that everyone is tracking their car on OzHonda.

by left foot brake i ment.. like BANG STOP straight away lol .. like u know how u smack the brake?

thanks for the explanation... your brakes must stop your car very quick

there were never Brembo's for DC2's... but anyway...
dno it says brembo on it ? mechanic sed it was brembo? he said its for dc2 but it shuold still fit .. so i just said ok do it.

SPRIGGAN82
24-02-2010, 10:27 PM
thanx everyone for your input i guess i'll try some better pads & new rotors anyone got any ideas on what pads i should get?

slimx
25-02-2010, 12:19 AM
bendex.

braeden
26-02-2010, 09:28 PM
bendex.

I'll raise you one better and say EBC.

Super-DA9
19-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know if DC2 rear rotors and DA9 rear rotors are the same part? like are they compatible with each other?