PDA

View Full Version : overheated!

rfah
07-12-2004, 10:59 AM
hey guys
i juz got bak from syd n around 30k'z outside melb i pulled ovah at a servo n filled up i relised dat my temp gauge was like at the end...i poped da bonnet n relised dat i ran outa water so poured sum water into that..buh steam still came outa da radiator cap...so let it coolled down for a bit...den got sum premixed collant into it...only poured 1/4 of the botlle in...becuz it started to fizzle...which i didnt think was a good sign...so let it cool for another 20 minx start driving agen 10 minz n car heated up agen...got up to like toorak...let it cool for 30 minz poured da rest of da collant in...had to get to endevour hills..buy tym i got dere car smoke up like a MO@#$ n my idling was racing up n down 2 n ahalf den down n bak up on n on weneva i stoped...got to my frendz place let it coll down for a while tried to chek out wat was rong with it...poured sum water dis tym into da radiator...n it didnt seem to leak so i dun think i craked the radiator...but..um one of da tubes was squirting out water so i tried to seal it up...with duktape...which duznt work dat well...n drove it buh den my car juz over heated sum more...n juz stop reving..like i would step on da rev buh no revz would move den it slowly juz died out..=( can sum1 tell me wah i should do bout my car =\ cuz i was thinkin of fluishing out da radiator pouring more collant tryin to seal the leak up n try n start it agen...goot or bad idea?

Weq
07-12-2004, 05:09 PM
u have a cracked/warped head. save up ur cash and take it to a mechanic.

simpdogg
07-12-2004, 05:15 PM
u have a cracked/warped head. save up ur cash and take it to a mechanic.
exactly what he said

rfah
07-12-2004, 06:31 PM
oOoo....okai then....wat the price quote range am i lookin at to fix this..? x_X

Sp3rMz
07-12-2004, 06:38 PM
sorry for jumping ur post but im just wonderin the reason behind it. You guys said due to having a cracked head or warped head its over heating and is radiators keeps on drinking. Can you explain the theory behind it. Why a cracked or warped head results in such a thing?

ECU-MAN
07-12-2004, 07:10 PM
driving your car for too long while overheating will result in head/headgasket failure regardless of whether is was the culprit in the 1st place. there is a high posiblilty your thermostat is rooted, or you got a split hose or top radiator tank.

if a car has head issues then coolant will get pumped into the comprtsssion chamber causing the engine to burn it, also compression will bypass into the cooling system over presureizing it causing radiator top tank problems and hoses to split.

wynode
07-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Damn I just overheated my head reading that post! :rolleyes:

Javed
07-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Holy shit, does anybody know what that guy said? I was lost at ovah? WTF?

toE
07-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Damn I just overheated my head reading that post! :rolleyes:
ditto!

Learn to use punctuation marks and paragraphs dude!

Weq
07-12-2004, 11:27 PM
ditto!

Learn to use punctuation marks and paragraphs dude!
nothing wrong with his post.. regardless of the reason that it overheated in the first place - when the needle gets into the red it only takes a few seconds for the alloy head to warp. THe reason he is loosing coolant is cause its being burnt off probably (he said it was smoking like a mofo). Anyways anywhere from 700-1800+ depending on the damage to the head.

wynode
08-12-2004, 07:31 AM
nothing wrong with his post...

Just that it wasn't translated to english too well :)

bigteethygrin
08-12-2004, 10:01 PM
mixing different brands of coolant isnt very safe either.. I'd flush before your heater core also needs replacement

DC2spec94
09-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Its bit of advise, when the radiator got no water DONT fill up with tap (cold) water at all!!!! let it cool down for about 20-30 min at least then while filling up the water into radiator let the car running as well so the water will catch up with the temp inside the radiator, this is speaking from my experience. Hope this will give a little bit idea to ppl with this incident.