PDA

View Full Version : OEM air box????

albsta
23-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi people, installed the spoon air snorkel the other day....and i was doing a bit of reading online...and i notice alot of ppl gut out the internal wall of the airbox.....my question is...

Does it make a different??>....because when i had a look under the led of the oem airbox, there is a channel that direct air into the main air cabinet. so will gutting out the internal wall do anything extra at all????

Thanks

ncmx5
23-02-2010, 10:30 PM
slightly better induction noise! :thumbsup:

Simy
26-02-2010, 07:58 AM
well... 2 other mates and i ran each other a while back.. dead even.. we did it resently after the guttered airbox and i pulled from them about 1/2 to 1 car lengths from 2nd to 3rd..

besides gutting the air box, i used tape to block off the resenator.. the road was wet, they had better tyres.. there on 16's im on 18's.. so.. im guessing the snorkel and the gutting and taping off the box did make a difference.. oh and induction sound.. a lil bit

vyets
26-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Can't really compare it by dragging man lol. I mean first of it's 2 different drivers and if it were somehow possible for you to be driving exact same speed and same shifts at the same time, still gotta consider it's 2 different cars that have differences one might be running better then the other lol.

But gutting the airbox is defiantly a cheap and good mod! If anything it's better then some of the intakes available on the market.

Ferrari
26-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Oem intake, k&n filter, gutted with a spoon snorkle is one of the best options for legality, performance and non obnoxious sound. I recently switched back to oem from fipk and noticed no loss in power just a massive reduction in noise. Also heatsoak is gone.

ChromZ
27-02-2010, 09:57 AM
and there is a complete spoon intake package up for sale too !