PDA

View Full Version : Calling all FD2 owners...

UCNDRM
24-02-2010, 06:10 PM
hey guys

i currently have manual FD1 vti model and want to swap to a sport (auto) or type r (manual) , havnt really decided.

i was just wondering if there are any inherent problems with either cars, or something you especially love that would either entice me or turn me away from buying one.

thanks for reading cant wait for all your input

blasdf
24-02-2010, 09:55 PM
i liked the overall standard look of my fd2 against an fd1 when i picked it up. the standard interior is a bit nicer with the finish in the car. this is all personal and of course based on the standard model, sunroof is something i also really like in a car that i use all the time, especially in queensland.

i didn't want the type r here as it's the UK spec and wasn't a fan of the 2/3 door. my last 2 cars were 2 door and i wanted a change, . I also come from NZ originaly where we get all the jap spec cars, so the UK spec model was apparent to me. I would have picked up a sedan jap spec type r if they were on sale here over my current one without a doubt.

i don't know though if i'd swap from an FD1 to an FD2 if i already had an fd1.

UCNDRM
24-02-2010, 10:29 PM
well see i have been thinking bout both

i thought bout what it would take 2 turn mine into an FD2 look a like

and leather, sunroof, mirrors, stacker, climate control and stuff are way too expensive to price up

over 10 grand, yes i no, 10 grand to make it look like an FD2 and that doesnt include a motor swap, but to buy one second hand they go for like 25 for an 07 and i could sell mine for bout 19 coz its mint and has low kays, plus its black and every body wants a black one, so 6 grand over 10 is a worthy trade i think.

have u had any problems with urs at all?

Stig
24-02-2010, 11:19 PM
why just not be happy with what you have now and make it unique?

blasdf
24-02-2010, 11:46 PM
true there must be some extras i wasn't sure about, well climate control. how is mine different? does yours not put cool air in the back and front?

nope had no real issues with mine. the squeaky brakes and and my battery died the other day but nothing an fd1 could have had happen as well.

gear box feels good and i've got high k's on mine, over 100k. had all the services, things done to it when needed on the service log. and yeah you can pick up sports cheaper now.

really only thing i would like is more powerful engine, this has nothing on my last car, or even the one before. i never timed any of my cars, but in the past ive given many guys in wrx and evos buyers remorse, but this civic can't do that which i think a jap spec type r may standard, and definitely with some tuning.

ra8833
25-02-2010, 01:23 PM
why you don't trade your car to dealer?

UCNDRM
25-02-2010, 11:26 PM
why just not be happy with what you have now and make it unique?

i am happy with it

there is nothing wrong with the car

but i think my tastes have changed a lil over the last three years

i have made it unique in my own way i guess, havnt seen another one with the same rims

but i think its just time for a change, and the sport model has everything im really looking for like leather, sun roof and other lil creature comforts

UCNDRM
25-02-2010, 11:31 PM
why you don't trade your car to dealer?

coz most dealers give u really poor amounts for trade ins

i found a sport model at a local dealer that had just been traded in that morning

it was dirty, and paint on front bumper and bonnet were ordinary and they still wanted 25 k which is ball park at what i wanted to spend anyway

but they offered me 14 500 for mine

i nearly flipped, i actually told the salesman he was clearly not wanting to do business today and just walked away (in a really shitted off tone of voice)

it was a bit insulting being offered so lil how could a car lose nearly 10k worth of value in 3 yrs and its only got 47000kms and the body is mint

thanks for ur input btw

aero
26-02-2010, 02:27 PM
the only feature i like about the fd2 is the sunroof. not a fan of the window indicators and can always get aftermarket parts for wheels kit etc. to make it look great.

if ur looking to move up to an fd2 because of a bigger doch engine, then its still not worth it. the k20z2 in the audm fd2 is still low output. save that money and get a better k series into ur fd1 :D

SUS2K
28-02-2010, 08:38 AM
fd2 is awesome with a kit =), leather seating, but worst thing is when its hot.... it burns the hell out of your skin.