PDA

View Full Version : remote start

slimx
24-02-2010, 07:55 PM
hey guys.. just curious does nayone know if theres just a remote start module i can buy?

I already gotta decent alarm, its a mongoose.. i want that remote start looks quite nice..

There must be something out there that just remote starts the car .. has got nothing to do with the alarm, is there?? does nayone know?

if yes.. where??

big tone
24-02-2010, 09:52 PM
im pretty sure its only part of an alarm.. viper does one..

slimx
03-03-2010, 11:14 AM
:( shit .. anyone know if theres a Mongoose module for it ? anyone know where i can find it.

wAYzoR
03-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Best to contact mongoose about what alarms/addons they support with your model, but in most cases the remote start is built in the alarm system. There are plenty of alarms now with remote start at decent prices.

Mr_will
03-03-2010, 06:49 PM
gonna be funny when you forget to leave it in neutral then remote start it

slimx
05-03-2010, 10:08 AM
I never leave it in 1st.. no point. And yes i know.. this that they can still ur car.. Honestly if they wanted to im sure they could steal my car easily without braking anything.. its an old box lol.

and i contacted mongoose appearntly its illegal :S ? lol and yeh.. they dont make it :(

ajbm
05-03-2010, 11:23 AM
I've had 2 of these alarms in the past, there are hundreds of these type of alarm package ( remote start, turbo timer, microwave sensor etc...) from ebay LOL!
but not easy to get someone to install, as it is illegal.

Although I've been told that it's O.K. for automatic cars to have them...

OMG.JAI xD
05-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I wouldnt put remote start.
A car with a factory imobiliser will need to be bypassed.

Once you can start a car without the immobiliser it makes it 10 million times easier to steal your car.
Trust me. It aint worth losing your car for a few heads turning "OH that car turned on by itself".
Put a turbo timer. And youll get the same looks. Except " OH that car turned OFF by itself".

hisoka
05-03-2010, 07:58 PM
dont they hook it up to the netutral sensor switch ? my freinds gtr will only do it if the car is in neutral

slimx
05-03-2010, 08:03 PM
i gota full mongoose system nothing factory.

as for the neutral sensor.. i really doubt my da would have one.

as for installation i can install it myself ive never done a rEMOTE start b4 .. but i figured out everything before..

as for automatic cars yeh appearntly the new camry's gott'm.

and ebay.. i dno never trusted the no brand stuff. Since u used them.. get any problems?

wAYzoR
06-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Ive had 3 cars with remote start and i can say they are great for winter mornings and hot summer days...

Installing them arn't too difficult if you have a basic idea about wiring, remote start is usually a extra relay and about 5 wires..

MWAKU
06-03-2010, 08:27 PM
im sure if u search theres a thread somewhere. i remember reading it before

ajbm
06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
most ebay stuff are made in china... LOL!
however I can say they do work well and I've really had no problem with them.
here's an example of what I have in my EF7 crx... I guess I chose this coz it looks nice!
http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab128/ajbm/DSC01950.jpg

jahniel24
21-03-2010, 11:33 PM
did your key come with a transponder?! coz we bought 2 for me and my gf's bro but we both have transponder keys i was thinking of sticking the transpoder keys on the ignition barrel and just use a $3 cut key im just not sure if its going to work..

mnc
22-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Being in gear 1 + hand brakes down + car is on a slant + remote start = car will literally turn on and start moving. how do i know? it's happened to me before =]

androo
22-03-2010, 09:02 AM
LOL thats awesome! ^^^

Mr_will
22-03-2010, 09:43 AM
you cant use remote start unless the car is in neutral, and leaving it in neutral is extremely stupid.

androo
22-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry if this sounds dumb but what is this huge danger of leaving the car in neutral and only using the hand brake?

Maybe on a huge hill but even on just flat surfaces? Everyone seems to think it'll kill all the whales in the ocean - Is it that bad or is everyone just being a bit over the top about it?

mnc
24-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Maybe to be safe leave your car in gear 1 also? So if the e brakes fail you have a back up.

slimx
20-04-2010, 01:38 PM
y would your ebrake fail?

once an a while tighten your cable.. get it checked i only ever put it in gear if i leave my car in a street at night time.. otherwise who cares.

Mr_will
10-05-2010, 10:59 AM
y would your ebrake fail?

once an a while tighten your cable.. get it checked i only ever put it in gear if i leave my car in a street at night time.. otherwise who cares.

because its not designed to be the only thing holding the weight of the car

androo
15-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Damn serious? Are you sure? I know alot of people who pull the handbrake and let go of the brake pedal in traffic to rest their feet (after heaps of driving) or to grab something, etc. Myself included. I do this a lot in heavy traffic...

Mr_will
18-05-2010, 06:40 PM
in traffic is different - you are there to apply the brakes if it fails.

Sexc86
18-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Being in gear 1 + hand brakes down + car is on a slant + remote start = car will literally turn on and start moving. how do i know? it's happened to me before =]
^
Obviously there was something wrong with your setup/installation.

Remote starts are not as Simple are you may think. I have had a few Viper type alarms on some of my cars. Excellent alarm and the Remote start feature is very handy especially if you like to start your car on a cold morning before driving to let it warm up to operating temperature. Also useing it as a turbo timer (you dont have to buy an extra unit) to let your car cool down after some spirited driving !
This feature is hooked in with your handbreak / neutral switch makeing it very safe (making it impossible to drive off on yor - unless installed incorrect). There is a specific sequence of things to do to disable the remote start once you begin driving (not giving too much away), making it impossible to drive the car without the keys in the ignition (the factory steering lock comes into this as well) therefor not compromiseing your security.

Excellent feature highly recommended. Although unsure if you can purchase these as basic "Add-on" extra units, would recommened getting a high grade alarm with all the features incorporated into one unit.

Regards Lyle