PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise!

bestjazz101
25-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Hey guys i have a problem with my jazz its a vtis 08 model and done around 50000k basically recently when i start my car my front right wheel makes some sort of noise like as though its pulling a small metal chain.. it makes that noise when the car is moving and im not even applying the brakes... but after a while of driving it does away.. but then again when the car wheel stops and then starts again it makes that sound.... could it be the brakes system? but the funny thing is when i apply the brakes the sound goes away...not too sure n e ideas n e one? cheers

mcsliu
25-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Since it's 08 model, you should still be under the 100k/3yr warranty. Send it in to get it checked out.

That's what I would do~

fundies
25-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Probably the wear indicator on your front brake pads. They are designed to make a squealing sound when they need changing.
Get someone to check your front pads out, if you dont know how.
My front pads went around the 50K mark.

bestjazz101
25-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeqh thats what i thought thanks man.. How much do new pads cost? N what r the best ones to get? Do u think i need machine the routers aswells? I can feel my brakes are a little week

fundies
27-02-2010, 06:33 AM
http://www.motospecs.com.au/ferodo_P_excel.php

I used these, and they work fine. Better than the originals I find. Cant remember the cost ( around $100 for the front set ).
I didn't bother with a rotor machine, they were still fine with only minor grooving. Brake shops will convince you they need doing blah blah blah even with minor grooving. More ca$h for them that way.

stylzjhn
01-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah its prob just the brake pads. You can get a new pair for $40 onwards. $40 being the cheapest at autobarn. I paid $80 for mine. I got Bendix ones from autobarn and they work well.

Poeter
01-03-2010, 04:10 PM
http://www.motospecs.com.au/ferodo_P_excel.php

I used these, and they work fine. Better than the originals I find. Cant remember the cost ( around $100 for the front set ).
I didn't bother with a rotor machine, they were still fine with only minor grooving. Brake shops will convince you they need doing blah blah blah even with minor grooving. More ca$h for them that way.

Do you know if they have the ds series for the jazz?