PDA

View Full Version : Sydney West - Inspection

Mr EG
25-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Rego is coming up real soon, just wondering do you know any places that will pass my car since it's slammed on it's ass.

Just a question if they decide not to pass me do I have to pay em, or only pay em if they pass me?

white_ep3_civic
25-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Rego is coming up real soon, just wondering do you know any places that will pass my car since it's slammed on it's ass.

Just a question if they decide not to pass me do I have to pay em, or only pay em if they pass me?

I Havnt had a regi check in 3 yrs. But from wat I remember the most likley will pass it. As long as it's not hittin the floor. But they may b stricter now. Just take it 2 a mechanic n ask them if they will pass a lowered car.

MWAKU
25-02-2010, 12:41 PM
"slammed on its ass". post a pic then lol

but are you talking about the pink slip? cause i just go to this place in bankstown and just basically just checks a few random things like lights n stuff then all good.

tiksie
25-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Mechanics are too scared to lose their license these days.

If it's "slammed on it's ass" then fix your shit up and go get it checked.

Anyway, if you take it somewhere they will look at it and if they know it won't pass, they won't charge you anything.. You only pay if they pass it, not if they fail it. (this is for pinkslips and most probably for blue slips aswell).

jdm_b16a
25-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Mechanics are too scared to lose their license these days.

If it's "slammed on it's ass" then fix your shit up and go get it checked.

Anyway, if you take it somewhere they will look at it and if they know it won't pass, they won't charge you anything.. You only pay if they pass it, not if they fail it. (this is for pinkslips and most probably for blue slips aswell).

I went to a local workshop who took one look at my EH9 (and its only moderately low) and they said NO! We don't do modified cars. Another said OK but I had to change the aftermarket gearknob (which has been on there since 1994). But Tiksie is right, many are now running scared and don't want to jeopardise their licence. However, most will not even look at your car unless you are prepared to book it in and then you have to pay irregardless if it passes or not. In fact, the workshop I now use issues you with the paperwork, you pay the money, and then take the car away and fix the issues, and then they visually inspect the changes have been done, then pass it.

Peter

tiksie
25-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I went to a local workshop who took one look at my EH9 (and its only moderately low) and they said NO! We don't do modified cars. Another said OK but I had to change the aftermarket gearknob (which has been on there since 1994). But Tiksie is right, many are now running scared and don't want to jeopardise their licence. However, most will not even look at your car unless you are prepared to book it in and then you have to pay irregardless if it passes or not. In fact, the workshop I now use issues you with the paperwork, you pay the money, and then take the car away and fix the issues, and then they visually inspect the changes have been done, then pass it.

Peter

Wow, never heard of that!

I guess I am lucky my pink slip/blue slip dude hardly ever checks my cars :p just ends up writing the paper work and shakes the brake tester in the air LOL.