PDA

View Full Version : Help guys car crash

noobcake
25-02-2010, 01:58 PM
It happened by me going to horsley drive for something there was a car in front of me and behind me, the silver car was infront going 30 to 40 km i was behind him, the blue car was behind me tail gating me the blue car then over took both of us on the left lane then merge to the right lane, i so did that too and went to the left lane and went back but the problem was it was green light (10 seconds) no car moved and i didn't see the blues brake light on i believe there was a slope and he was accelerating abit. so i went and brake and smashed the blue car. There was a bus on the left lane turning left to lily something, im not sure and there was a old man driving he was scared and stopped thats why the blue car stopped cause of the bus.
So i crashed my car at horsley drive i dont have insurance only ctp and its my fault can i do anything?

xntrik
25-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Guess you're paying for their car.

Zilli
25-02-2010, 02:02 PM
precisely... you pay for your cars damage, and the damage of any other car or property in the accident... your CTP only covers for others injuries...

MWAKU
25-02-2010, 02:07 PM
well since OP got his answer i just wanted to ask another question, lets say you have full comp insurnace

its your fault, is the only things you have to pay are the excess? and let your insurance handle the rest?

if its not your fault, you don't do/pay anything, just let the insurance do the work?

bennjamin
25-02-2010, 02:09 PM
If fully insured you pay excess on any at fault claim. Or if the other person has nothing to their name ( broke) or they do a runner and you cannot prove it was them etc.

Jump
25-02-2010, 02:10 PM
well if its not your fault, you still got to ring the insurance company so that you can take it in for an assessment

but you don't pay anything

Raztaz
25-02-2010, 02:11 PM
its your fault, is the only things you have to pay are the excess? and let your insurance handle the rest?

if its not your fault, you don't do/pay anything, just let the insurance do the work?

yeh im pretty sure that's how it works.
Premium might go up too if it was ur fault?? Someone correct me if im wrong

OP ring the amber lamps?

tiksie
25-02-2010, 02:12 PM
So i crashed my car at horsley drive i dont have insurance only ctp and its my fault can i do anything?

What car did you hit ?

noobcake
25-02-2010, 02:13 PM
What car did you hit ?

a freaken 09 blue camry ffffffffff

markismaximus
25-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Accidents suck but why didn't you have insurance?

noobcake
25-02-2010, 03:17 PM
to be honest i cant afford it

markismaximus
25-02-2010, 03:34 PM
if you can't afford the insurance you cant afford the car... sorry to be a dick but its the truth

In terms of you paying for the damage your car will be your own problem, you should be able to be put on a payment plan by the other drivers insurance company. So you may be paying it off for the next few years. I got rear ended a few years ago and cost around $7000 to fix (for 1992 Skyline - other driver doing 60km/h). so might give you an idea of cost

string
25-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Run up the back of someone = at fault.
No insurance.... You'd want to hope you didn't hit him too hard, because you're up for the damages to both cars.

3rd party insurance costs nothing. Less than $1 per day. You're lying if you can afford petrol, tyres and rego, but not the most basic property insurance.

thegame-01
25-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I had a accident before and i had no insurance
i hit a 2006 Jeep work well over $60,000
i just scratched the rear bar of it and i was up for $4500
i told the insurance i cant afford it and i can pay in instulments.
They accepted this but i was playing smart. I had the cash to pay but didnt wanna pay that much so i told them i can pay a full amount but not that much so they told me to pay $3000 in total and i finally agreed. saved my self 1.5K.

I learnt my leasson and put thrid party with ING for only $44 a month.

From now on you should at least have 3rd party

trust me It works and you save a heap.

Tc

DC2-PWR
25-02-2010, 04:05 PM
if you can't afford the insurance you cant afford the car... sorry to be a dick but its the truth

In terms of you paying for the damage your car will be your own problem, you should be able to be put on a payment plan by the other drivers insurance company. So you may be paying it off for the next few years. I got rear ended a few years ago and cost around $7000 to fix (for 1992 Skyline - other driver doing 60km/h). so might give you an idea of cost

Yes exactly, people who don't have insurance have a damn good reason not having insurance, like for example probably not enough money but they need to get to places and this is their decision to take risks like this incident.

So yeah this accident is because of your own actions, making this your responsibility. You now have to pay for the other cars damage and also yours.

And I always hear that if anyone hits a car thats infront of them on rear bumper, it is their own fault. Because its either your speeding, tailgating or not taking any precautions when your driving.

bennjamin
25-02-2010, 04:07 PM
to be honest i cant afford it

then you cant really afford to drive.

I think they should make full insurance COMPULSORY for ALL drivers...this will weed out alot of unfit drivers IMO.

string
25-02-2010, 04:12 PM
then you cant really afford to drive.

I think they should make full insurance COMPULSORY for ALL drivers...this will weed out alot of unfit drivers IMO.

Third party perhaps, but why force someone to insure their own property?

bennjamin
25-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Third party perhaps, but why force someone to insure their own property?

well , an insurance of some sort then. Is that the case in the US ?

noobcake
25-02-2010, 04:33 PM
do you guys think its possible to negotiate with the insurance company?

DC2-PWR
25-02-2010, 04:36 PM
do you guys think its possible to negotiate with the insurance company?

Theres no point, my mate also wanted to do this when he had an accident. He came back and told us, "theres no chance in hell!!". So he went out and loan'd a lot of cash... and his sick of paying this BS.

But anyways, you'll always learn from your mistakes:)

defect
25-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Theres no point, my mate also wanted to do this when he had an accident. He came back and told us, "theres no chance in hell!!". So he went out and loan'd a lot of cash... and his sick of paying this BS.

But anyways, you'll always learn from your mistakes:)

Of course there's a point, look up a few post, some guy negotiated 1500 of his 4500 bill with the insurance company.

Your mate probably just doesnt know how to negotiate.

I've personally seen this done before as well. My friend crashed a Commo between the doors, the insurance company wanted 6500 for two doors and repairs. He got big percentage off his bill because he told them he couldnt pay for it. The insurance company actually negotiates with you too.

That or you pay $25 a week for a few years. I'm sure the insurance company would refer a lump sum then monthly payments.

DC2-PWR
25-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Of course there's a point, look up a few post, some guy negotiated 1500 of his 4500 bill with the insurance company.

Your mate probably just doesnt know how to negotiate.

I've personally seen this done before as well. My friend crashed a Commo between the doors, the insurance company wanted 6500 for two doors and repairs. He got big percentage off his bill because he told them he couldnt pay for it. The insurance company actually negotiates with you too.

That or you pay $25 a week for a few years. I'm sure the insurance company would refer a lump sum then monthly payments.

Mmm maybe, atleast you brang the bright side out:D

TheSaint
25-02-2010, 05:25 PM
had a similar thing happen to me a while back and put me in a wheelchair for a year, so be thankful that you are ok

it was deemed my fault (useless police) even tho it clearly wasnt but i had full comprehensive, i didnt have to pay a cent, all my medical treatment was paid for and i got agreed market value of my car back as well

hope u sort it out ok

JasonGilholme
25-02-2010, 05:49 PM
My full comp insurance costs me $2.10 a day. If you buy a bottle of coke from a 7/11 you're paying $3.00++.

I'd rather pay the insurance. :thumbsup:

TheSaint
25-02-2010, 06:07 PM
My full comp insurance costs me $2.10 a day. If you buy a bottle of coke from a 7/11 you're paying $3.00++.

I'd rather pay the insurance. :thumbsup:

couldnt have sed it better ... its so worth it in the long run

insurance that should be taken seriously:
- home and contents
- full cover car
- income protection
- life insurance

dougie_504
25-02-2010, 06:08 PM
I rear-ended a 2000's Camry in my 1986 Corolla sedan, which weighed 850~ KG. My Corolla was written off entirely, totally fecked, and the Camry was a bit dented in the rear - but the damage quote was still $4000.

You should have at least third party & fire/left. It's cheap as balls, even if you mod your car, and IMO it should be compulsory to protect the assets of the victims of accidents.
Compulsory comprehensive insurance isn't realistic as it costs $2000-3000 most of the time for drivers under 25. We basically just can't afford expensive/comprehensive insurance worthy cars.

I'm sorry you've crashed into somebody, but you should have had insurance, and if you can't afford insurance you should have a cheaper car so that it fits your budget. Always include insurance in your budget.

Most people learn the hard way. Everybody crashes for a first time. Good luck.

Lukey
25-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Compulsory comprehensive insurance isn't realistic as it costs $2000-3000 most of the time for drivers under 25. We basically just can't afford expensive/comprehensive insurance worthy cars.

time to get a cheaper car!

markismaximus
25-02-2010, 07:04 PM

time to get a cheaper car!

agreed.. what you driving a R34 GTR?????

noobcake
25-02-2010, 07:14 PM
i know someones whos a panel beater that would help but im not sure about the guy that is involve =/ its a their company car, i keep you guys updated. Im scared theyre going to do something dodgy so i took pictures.

Troy
25-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Most people learn the hard way. Everybody crashes for a first time. Good luck.

Ah good old accidents and insurance... I haven't had an at-fault crash yet! Still waiting for that first time... Been driving for over 11 years. :thumbsup: Always been someone else's fault.

First crash I was back seat passenger, other car's fault, in hospital overnight and quite expensive therapy bills. Insurance paid me $0. My mate (also in the crash with me) sued insurance and won a few grand, but it took almost a year to get it.

Second crash was after I'd been married less than a week, everything we owned packed into my ute and moving to Townsville. She was driving and lost control, trailer pushed us around, jack-knifed, and smashed us into a bridge. Ute was a writeoff but we both got out and walked away. The only other thing damaged was a picture, the glass front had shattered. Not a bad effort for a major highway crash! So yeah, technically at fault be she did it not me! I had bought the ute for $10500 about 6 months prior and insurance paid me out $14000 (after taking out excess charges - win!).

Third crash I was sitting on 60 (in a 60 zone) on a rather long road, this lady was tailgating me the whole way obviously wanting to go faster. Meh. I stopped to give way at a roundabout and she fair smacked into the back of me. I had a Falcon at the time and was looking to sell it for a station wagon for family purposes. I asked her insurance for a payout instead, they gave me $2,400 and I sold it "as is" for $2,500 at the time when clean pristine examples were going for $4,500-$4,900. So all up I was pretty happy.

I haven't had comprehensive for a few years now, though. It's just still too expensive. I'm over 25, haven't had an at-fault claim in the last 5 years, no nothing in fines or anything against my name or my wife's in the last 5 years, they still somehow work out full comprehensive to be almost $800 for a year. I told them to stick it, that's ridiculous. Only $200+ for Third Party Property so it'll have to do.

To the OP: Get freaking Third Party Property as an absolute minimum. Pay it off monthly if you have to, it works out pretty cheap.

noobcake
25-02-2010, 07:51 PM
cheers guys learnt my lesson imma get insurance

dougie_504
25-02-2010, 07:56 PM
For my '94 EH9 Civic VTi I was just quoted $1400 for comprehensive. I'm 21 and have a clean record.

For my '91 EF8 CRX SiR I was quoted as low as $2000 for comprehensive (this time last year) but managed to get it for $1000 with Shannons using an 'extremely limited use' policy, restricting my driving to approximately 4000kms/year (which is easy since I drive it once a week).

JasonGilholme
25-02-2010, 08:37 PM
For my '94 EH9 Civic VTi I was just quoted $1400 for comprehensive. I'm 21 and have a clean record.

For my '91 EF8 CRX SiR I was quoted as low as $2000 for comprehensive (this time last year) but managed to get it for $1000 with Shannons using an 'extremely limited use' policy, restricting my driving to approximately 4000kms/year (which is easy since I drive it once a week).

how are you with shannons and you're under 25???

dougie_504
25-02-2010, 08:43 PM
To be honest I have no idea, I think it's to do with the extreme limited use policy. Let me grab my form to see if I can find out how...

dougie_504
25-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Nah I have no idea why, I can't remember - it was April of last year that I got the policy. I was 20 years old at the time :)

markismaximus
26-02-2010, 07:01 AM

that's steep. Especially for the local EH. When I was 21 the max I ever paid comprehensive insurance on my skyline was $1200. just before I sold it was only costing me like $900 @ 23 years old. damn insurance

JasonGilholme
26-02-2010, 07:29 AM
the area that you live in makes a big difference as well.

we moved and i got charged an extra 400 bucks a year for my car insurance. Flexi-premium adjustment brought that back down tough.

dougie_504
26-02-2010, 01:22 PM
I live in Blackburn, Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. It's a safe and expensive area.

But I never got comprehensive on my Civic. I just got quotes. As if I was gonna spend that kind of money on a car worth like $6g max these days. What a joke.

The CRX on the other hand is comprehensive :)

B16bcivic
04-03-2010, 02:53 PM
if ur fault, insurance pays for the other parties, and for your car but u pay excess if its more than what ur insurance is covering (Full comp only). if not full comp than they pay for other party and u pay for yours. U might have to pay a little excess on top towards the other party.

If your on ctp it only covers injuries but not the car. so means u pay for other parties and for yours.