PDA

View Full Version : Hope this is not a re-post. help needed.

phantom_civic
07-12-2004, 08:15 PM
hey peoples
got my car back from the mechanics last week due to sumgfin called a distrubitor cap dizzy or sumfin coz car wouldnt engage to start.

When i got it back i notice when i drive i smell sumfin burning like 2 wires,
i stopped popped the bonnent and nuffin, its been goin like thsi for a week now and i seriously think sumfins rong.

I heard b4 that if white smoke shoots out ur exhuast when u start the car its coz of the pistons r fried? coz i started the car everydasy and the same white smooke pops out when i juststart it.
am i right??

help appreciated.

John.

wynode
07-12-2004, 09:34 PM
If its just white smoke in the morning its just condensation :)

wynode
07-12-2004, 09:35 PM
BTW blue smoke = rings

ECU-MAN
07-12-2004, 10:55 PM
when you 1st start her up
- white smoke could be oil, but more coolant if its not condensation, if you got a bad head gasket or head, coolant leaks into the combustion chamber when you last tuned your engine off, and itr gets burnt when you start the car next

- if its blue smoke, it looks like more your valve steam seals, while engine was off oil has seeped pass the seals down the valve stem guides into the combustion chamber.

- could just be conedsation and there is nothing to worry bout.

bennjamin
08-12-2004, 01:12 AM
first of all - check your coolant level in the overflow bottle ( next to the radiator i believe) and also check your oil level on a level surface - note the levels and return back to this thread in 1 week of normal driving and tell us if either has decreased significantly...then we can give u more advice as to what MIGHT be the problem :)

phantom_civic
08-12-2004, 08:12 PM
can oil be the cause of the smell?
coz its been a while since i even flushed it..
i onli top it when its empty, but its very black now
but the problem is i topped it like a month ago and it burns so fast n goes black 2 quick.

Should i change teh oil filter n flush the oil asap?

civiceg9
13-12-2004, 12:28 PM
If you always high rev the engine it will burn abit of oil.
Flush your oil and get a good quality oil filter, Honda or Ryco.
and some good oil, see what happens then.

smell could be oil on the exhaust or something.
Wash your engine and see if the smell goes away.

phantom_civic
15-12-2004, 09:48 PM
hmmm
i changed the oil
and the smells still there,

so ill wash the engine bay this week,
and another thing i found out was tehres onli 2 engine mounts holding the engine, my friend said the engine can fall down anytime? is this true?