PDA

View Full Version : 92-93 eg

owens14
27-02-2010, 06:32 PM
hey im currently doing my car up at the moment i wanna make it faster i already have manafolds on it. wat else can i do i dont wanna spend to much money. its twin carby

connorling
27-02-2010, 06:34 PM
exhaust, intake, header

TheSaint
27-02-2010, 07:03 PM
so are we posting here or in ur noob thread post?

this has been covered a million times ... i suggest reading and searching

duno why u would want to keep the twin carbs ... the EFI D15b7 is heeps better

theres alot of different things you can do ...
- EFI Conversion to D15b7 SOHC than put a cam, intake, header, exhaust on it
(might only need a new head for this not sure)
- EFI Conversion to D16 SOHC VTEC than do intake, header, exhaust on it
- EFI Conversion to B16a DOHC VTEC than do intake, header, exhaust
- EFI Conversion to B18c DOHC VTEC than do intake, header, exhaust and upgrade brakes
- EFI Conversion to H22a DOHC VTEC than to intake, header, exhaust and upgrade brakes
- EFI Conversion to K20a / K20z DOHC I-VTEC, than do intake header, exhaust and brakes

intake?
- short ram intake?
- cold air intake?

headers?
- 4-2-1
- or 4-1?

exhaust?
- what size for what size engine?
- what kind of resonators?
- what kind of muffler? quiet or loud? buzzy? droney? racey? deep?
- hi flo cat?

than u have to consider suspension as well ...
- rear swaybar
- strut/chassis braces
- springs/struts or coilovers

engine management...
- piggy back - SAFV/VAFV
- or entire system - PFC

than wheels choice
- light weight or heavy?
- offset?
- size?

brakes?
- rear disc conversion?
- slotted or slotted/dimpled rotors?
- what kind of pads?
- name brand gear or oem?

do you want the car to be show or go? rice or JDM? usdm even? heavy or light?

depends how much money you want to spend really ... if u are cashed up it would be better to start with an EFI car as a base and than work it ... but meh

you have alot of reading to do ... i think you should get to it lol

owens14
27-02-2010, 08:46 PM
mate i just signed up like a hour ago so dont neeed to be a smartass

hitoriko
27-02-2010, 08:56 PM
USE THE SEARCH!

im sure you've been on other forums before - 99% of the time the question you want answered has been asked and answered before!

and you say your doing up your car and you give little no info! and start 2 threads asking the same thing in a differnt way

you have manifolds on it - OEM? JDM? skunk2? custom?!

if you dont give any details people will be a smart ass and rightly so

you may aswell walk into maccas and ask the kid at the counter for a burger... and not say which one you want

+rep for saint for that write up! :)

owens14
27-02-2010, 09:03 PM
this is the first forum i have ever been on. i have only recently got my ps i havent had the car for that long and only recently started doing it up so i dont know much about it ok.

hitoriko
27-02-2010, 09:10 PM
ok well a quick intro...

a forum is a great way to get help and info however you will get comments that sound like smartass remarks as thats just the way written words are percived.

the SEARCH fuction is your best friend at the moment - use it to find out details about your car, the specs, what mods to do, what mods not to do etc..

also GOOGLE (http://www.JUST****INGGOOGLEIT.com) is your friend use it in the same way you would the forum search and you'll do fine.

if you can't find an answer to your question after a good search then start a thread asl if you ahven't already - start one in the noob secition intro yourself to everyone and ask some questions there ie. whats a PCD?

aside from that you'll find the people on this forum very helpful provided you use the search and dont start thread for every little thought or idea that pops into your head

enjoy!

PS dont take this post to heart im not being smart im trying to help

owens14
27-02-2010, 09:16 PM
ok thnx mate appreciate it.
i really just signed up for this because im looking for a new head for my car. i just wanna do it up a lil bit not spend so much money on it. so far a have and eghaust system, manafold not sure wat manafold my oldboy got it for me. im not sure wat to run a short intake or cold intake or they both the same lol

TheSaint
27-02-2010, 09:22 PM
smartass?? i just took the time to spoon feed you the info because i was feeling generous....

thanks for the rep hitoriko ... i dont mind helping out noobs because i remember when i was there

to the OP ... u are young and have a lot to learn ... i would suggest doing alot of research before you start blowing money

for cheap easy power your best bet is a D16 VTEC EFI conversion ... if you can save a little more cash go for a B16a VTEC EFI with a rear brake conversion

but yeah ... you have a lot to learn =)

im glad u joined this forum first ... u would get alot less warm welcome anywhere else lol

hitoriko
27-02-2010, 09:24 PM
yeah d-series.org for example would have flammed him to death!

right bezza (he'll pop in soon hehehe)

saint - you also forget the minime conversion :P

TheSaint
27-02-2010, 09:53 PM
oh yeah ... u can put a D16 VTEC head onto your D15 and convert it to EFI

but having carbies makes it fail ... u may as well just put in a whole new engine/fuel gear/brakes and get it over with

i dont think VTEC D's are that expensive ... u should be able to get it done for around 2k i recon

cheapdouchebag
27-02-2010, 11:21 PM
yeah d-series.org for example would have flammed him to death!

right bezza (he'll pop in soon hehehe)

saint - you also forget the minime conversion :P

minime conversions are possible on carbies? or are u implying that he changes to efi as well.

well owen, as you can see with these helpful replies, youve pretty much been given a raw dud brick for a car. theres not THAT MUCH little things you can do to make your car fly. carby cars are nice, but the real picture is nowerdays all the cars are moving to efi systems, to get ahead of everyone who owns a lil carby hatchie or any older model like the old ford falcons, u really need to do an entire conversion which is pretty much stripping all mechanics in your car and updating them to the current situation in this day n age. you CAN just get a d-series efi or efi/vtec conversion, but then u will have to later on get new disc brakes otherwise rwc will be a nono.
also bear in mind, you have two options in doing work to your car
1. you can do it urself and be a learning experience for you however, if your not confident to consider yourself qualified, you will be let down by possibly the shoddy quality your work is done
2. you can give it to a mechanic, and they'll do 70-80% of the time a great job, only down side is LABOUR COST. its going to eat ur wallet up.

in my honest opinion, not to discourage you or anything but if i was you id think about it. i would most probably hold back my wants to make the car fly off, save some money and get a civic si for vti, if u want a civic eg of course otherwise maybe even a better car kill me for saying this someone but maybe even a nissan skyline(i know i know dont hate me for refering to it guys)

vti's are and have loads of potential IF you are willing to later on do an engine swap, will cost you lot less money than doing it to your twin carby.

hope you take my opinion into consideration.

either way, have fun with whatever you plan to do with the car

TheSaint
27-02-2010, 11:52 PM
VTI/GLI arnt that much different if you want to do an engine swap

all u need is rear swaybar and rear disc brakes ... which arnt really that hard to change

personally i would sell the car and get a GLI/VTI and build it urself ... if u are strapped for cash at least u can have a bit of fun with the cheap D series ... its what im doing at the moment

once u have driven a B series its hard to go back ... but i didnt mind too much ... i spend more time working on my car than i do driving it lol

hitoriko
27-02-2010, 11:58 PM
VTI/GLI arnt that much different if you want to do an engine swap

all u need is rear swaybar and rear disc brakes ... which arnt really that hard to change

personally i would sell the car and get a GLI/VTI and build it urself ... if u are strapped for cash at least u can have a bit of fun with the cheap D series ... its what im doing at the moment

once u have driven a B series its hard to go back ... but i didnt mind too much ... i spend more time working on my car than i do driving it lol

+1

me too

TheSaint
28-02-2010, 12:03 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hitoriko again.

i get this message so much every day hahaha

hitoriko
28-02-2010, 09:11 PM
LOL

thanks saint!

xclusive_eg8
01-03-2010, 11:19 PM
d15b7 is the best little non vtec 1.5L engine out........am I right guys?? Outa all car makes??

but d15b vtec goes okrrayish

TheSaint
02-03-2010, 12:49 AM
i would have to say for non vtc and non turbs small engines (anything under 1.6) the D15b7 has to be the best i have driven so far for fun factor ... i think it could do better in a lighter chassis myself than the EG ... would be interesting to see how it would go in a small buggy or race kart

d15z1SUX
02-03-2010, 02:16 AM
hey im currently doing my car up at the moment i wanna make it faster i already have manafolds on it. wat else can i do i dont wanna spend to much money. its twin carby

i have a manafolds too :wave:

TheSaint
02-03-2010, 09:22 AM
aaaww man i want to fold mana as well =/