PDA

View Full Version : something horribly wrong...

Howla456
28-02-2010, 02:55 PM
today while driving in my Ek vtir, I was in third and sitting at about 4k rpm then started to go up a hill so i put my foor down a bit more she reved to 5.5k then started voilently lunging back and forth revs going up and down 2-3k revs at a time... quite puzzled i immedietly backed off and she idled fine (doing about 65kmh)... then went to 2nd gear flat sticked it and she sounded + ran great. I know that my 3rd gear synchro is a bit dodgy but it shoudnt make the whole car lunge back n forth when fully engaged... does the EK have any known problems like this...

much apprecieate your help.
cheers Howla

89lude
28-02-2010, 05:01 PM
how big was the hill.... lol

~Sp33~
28-02-2010, 07:12 PM
today while driving in my Ek vtir, I was in third and sitting at about 4k rpm then started to go up a hill so i put my foor down a bit more she reved to 5.5k then started voilently lunging back and forth revs going up and down 2-3k revs at a time... quite puzzled i immedietly backed off and she idled fine (doing about 65kmh)... then went to 2nd gear flat sticked it and she sounded + ran great. I know that my 3rd gear synchro is a bit dodgy but it shoudnt make the whole car lunge back n forth when fully engaged... does the EK have any known problems like this...

much apprecieate your help.
cheers Howla

No it doesn't.

Just to be sure, you weren't bouncing off the rev limiter were you. Can you replicate the problem? I doubt the problem is going to be gear specific.

geeang
28-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Sounds similar to the way my car acted before my fuel pump died and left me stranded in the middle of the harbour bridge.

I suggest you get your car checked ASAP.

Howla456
28-02-2010, 08:38 PM
i cant seem to replicate the problem, I wasnt on the limiter i barely hit 6k,

thanks for the reply..

~Sp33~
28-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Where you excessively low on fuel? Perhaps the line was picking up air because the hill was so steep.