PDA

View Full Version : conversion 2 auto for s2k..

Mz_S2k
28-02-2010, 04:46 PM
ok this is a really noob question but i guess this is the place to post this:

hey guys/girls,

quick question, does it cost alot to convert a manual s2k to a auto one?
also..would this do damage to the engine itself?

im considering it, as i dont have the right license to drive manual~

thanks for answers if any..cheers..its hard to find a auto s2k, anyone have one?
a pearl white one preferred, thanks~

slimx
28-02-2010, 04:51 PM
its a biggggggggggggg mission.

Ive only ever seen one, and the bloke changed his motor it wasnt a normal s2k motor looked like an integra dc5 one, it was i-vtec.

Im sure one of the experts will tell ya.

noobcake
28-02-2010, 05:19 PM
not worth it mate, just do the test again to get P2

steeeven
28-02-2010, 05:41 PM
where are you from? In sydney you candrive manual once you get your greens i'm pretty sure.

JAP-S2K
28-02-2010, 05:43 PM
not asking much? Auto & Pearl white???? Not available & not available!

Zilli
28-02-2010, 06:11 PM
hey mate, an interesting idea, but im not sure the car came with an automatic gearbox... trying to convert one will require the following

1) Finding a gearbox to fit in the tunner
2) custom mounts
3) a bellhousing to suit
4) computer control
5) pedal box
6) shifter and linkages etc

and a whole lot more! the answer is it is doable, but you will spend as much as the car is worth today doing it!

SUS2K
28-02-2010, 06:33 PM
can not be done. wait for your greens, greens p2 can drive auto and manual.

bennjamin
28-02-2010, 06:34 PM
wait........

did the s2k ever come as auto ?

geeang
28-02-2010, 07:40 PM
S2000's never had an automatic transmission, so they're all manual.

The only automatic S2000 I've read about was an S2000 in the states that had an auto with a 2JZ conversion, but that would require an inordinate amount of time and money.

slimx
28-02-2010, 08:03 PM
if uve got your red p's and got an auto license? and judging by your username u are a girl?

I mean no disrespect at all.. but every girl i know.. goes for their manual red's and pass's easily 2nd go lol.

Girls seem to get vip treatment so long as the RTA guy is excited lol. Dress well, bring a slow vehicle (i recommend hiring a LEARNER INSTRUCTOR VEHICLE).

Its worth it getting your Manuals rather than going through that.
What suburb u from? if ur from the western sides..
stick to LIDCOMBE RTA, SILVERWATER RTA, if u failed them.. goto BEVERLY hills (after bankstown).

There known to be easy, lidcombe.. is half bitchy.. some instructors are strict as shit some are angels.

AVOID PARRAMATTA RTA AT ALL COSTSS lol WORSTTT MOST STRICT INSTRUCTORS!

grifty
28-02-2010, 08:14 PM
if uve got your red p's and got an auto license? and judging by your username u are a girl?

I mean no disrespect at all.. but every girl i know.. goes for their manual red's and pass's easily 2nd go lol.

Girls seem to get vip treatment so long as the RTA guy is excited lol. Dress well, bring a slow vehicle (i recommend hiring a LEARNER INSTRUCTOR VEHICLE).

Its worth it getting your Manuals rather than going through that.
What suburb u from? if ur from the western sides..
stick to LIDCOMBE RTA, SILVERWATER RTA, if u failed them.. goto BEVERLY hills (after bankstown).

There known to be easy, lidcombe.. is half bitchy.. some instructors are strict as shit some are angels.

AVOID PARRAMATTA RTA AT ALL COSTSS lol WORSTTT MOST STRICT INSTRUCTORS!

Easy way to pass ur test is to have a small car with no A/C and do the test on a hot day. i did that and got 100% (wetherill park) :) Btw Parramatta stopped doing driving tests a long time ago (1yr+)

Converting to an Automatic would cost u a few grand but it wont bring any more value to the car. I would suggest selling the car or buying a cheap run around untill you are allowed to drive manual

SuperJDM.
28-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Maybe he got the auto license? lol

Mz_S2k
28-02-2010, 09:24 PM
thanks alot for ur feedback guys...think i should just go get some lessons done on manual

s2ks do come in auto but thats bought form the dealer at around 3 4 k more than normal..but i aint gonna pay 70k for a brand new car.

therefore ive gotta settle for the manuals, Thanks alot everyone :) much appreciated.

Mz_S2k
28-02-2010, 09:25 PM
i got my Ps at lidcome, had a young chick, talke dto her about skylines :) lucky me

geeang
28-02-2010, 09:34 PM
thanks alot for ur feedback guys...think i should just go get some lessons done on manual

s2ks do come in auto but thats bought form the dealer at around 3 4 k more than normal..but i aint gonna pay 70k for a brand new car.

therefore ive gotta settle for the manuals, Thanks alot everyone :) much appreciated.

You must be mistaken, Honda never made the S2000 with an automatic transmission, it was only ever made in a 6-speed manual.

Have you got any links or pictures of these automatic S2000's?

JAP-S2K
28-02-2010, 09:39 PM
There is NO automatic option worldwide for the S2K.

MrJohn
28-02-2010, 09:42 PM
isnt all honda vtir and s2000 come in manual only?
and whats the point of wasting all that money just to go auto?? even if u can do it why bother?
why dont you just sell the car and get an auto car if u cant get ur manual insteads

Mz_S2k
01-03-2010, 05:17 PM
well i am on my greens, just cbb taking lessons on manual. i guess i can, i got my license at lidcombe, i was jst chatting to the lady about a skyline in front of me during the test. :) thanks for the feedback guys

grifty
01-03-2010, 07:38 PM
on your greens you are allowed to drive manual and auto :)

drsilliez
01-03-2010, 08:13 PM
isnt all honda vtir and s2000 come in manual only?

not all vtir are manuals....eg. prelude VTIR come in auto, teg
and yes i thought ALL s2000 are manual!!!!!

V73C
01-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Bleh get a pratical car please. And SEARCH !!!

Mz_S2k
01-03-2010, 11:36 PM
yes yes..im getting a bike license next month so needa get manual underway anyways. cheers evryone

genghiskhan
01-03-2010, 11:50 PM
facepalm...

slimx
01-03-2010, 11:59 PM
nah they still do it? they just moved the RTA.

Wait wait.. u got ur GReens??
lol
juST DRIVEEEE manual ..

my integra is my first manual, i bought the car.. and have never driven manual b4 lol. i came home stalling 10x.. in about
2 days.. i learnt it .. in 3 i was perfect.. in 4 i was doing burnouts.. in 5 i was double clutching lol.

DreadAngel
02-03-2010, 12:04 AM
F20c/f22c always mated to a 6spd...

Dunno why anyone doubted it was anything but manual? =|

If you want a Roadster Auto, get a MX5... But otherwise try for manual, not like its difficult...

Ladies should try manual too ;) Can't let the fellas get away right? That's what my missus said...

Zilli
02-03-2010, 06:42 AM
the question has been answered, not going OT

CLOSED