PDA

View Full Version : stock EG and EK owners. a question about handling

nvmee
01-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Has anyone owned STOCK eg/eks and have been disappointed by the handling considering that honda cars have such good reputation on their handling? ive owned both and i must say my mums corrolla handles better than both of them =/

cheapdouchebag
01-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Has anyone owned STOCK eg/eks and have been disappointed by the handling considering that honda cars have such good reputation on their handling? ive owned both and i must say my mums corrolla handles better than both of them =/

nope, love the handaling
feels more slightly stiffer at times, rev it hard and go 70-80km/h around a round about in both cars, ull notice the civic goes better. trust me. perhaps the corolla is newer than the eg/ek if im wrong then dw about what ive said. newer cars, newer feeling

NightKids
01-03-2010, 12:14 AM
A stock Civic EG/EK will kill a Corolla in terms of handling.

string
01-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Tyres, tyre pressure, alignment, bushing condition, driver technique. Two of the same, often are not.

TheSaint
01-03-2010, 01:24 AM
my EG and Dc2 almost handled the same stock ... the EG has a little more body roll in it and its not as low/stiff

one of our other cars is a 2004 Corolla Accent (facelift) and my EG kills it for handeling ... the rolla has really bad understeer and a wide turning circle on corners, the driving position is too high and the suspension is a little soft ... on the other hand its amazing for long trips and a shopping/work/study car

xclusive_eg8
01-03-2010, 08:17 AM
I love my EG, handles freaking awesome...only problem is front end causes alot of body roll without good strut brace.

dads corolla could never keep up with the civic and do the things the civic can do at certain speeds (if I was driving both)...

EK1.6LCIV
01-03-2010, 08:29 AM
they're fine, unless it's got leaky or very old suspension/bushes

B16bcivic
04-03-2010, 02:39 PM
new cars have better handling. eg and ek are pretty old.

Ek/Eg
also depends on the model.
Eg Si = okay handling
Eg GL crappy
Eg Vti okay
Eg SiR good handling
Ek Gli crappy
Ek Vti okay
Ek Vtir good

so depends on models you have. im not sure if im actually right but this is what I notice when driving these models as I use to work for High way honda. Also the older the crappy handling, the newer the better.

Go buy a 1992 corolla and compare it to a 1992 Eg si u will know the difference.

CRXDEL501
04-03-2010, 02:45 PM
God made sh*t, toyota made it move.

string
04-03-2010, 02:55 PM
The suspension on the 90-01 Civic/Integra is all very similar. In stock form there's a lot of understeer but they're responsive enough to enjoy.

I certainly wouldn't conclude that newer cars have better handling.

toyota made sh*t, god made it move.

Wrong way around champ.

CRXDEL501
04-03-2010, 02:56 PM
The suspension on the 90-01 Civic/Integra is all very similar. In stock form there's a lot of understeer but they're responsive enough to enjoy.

I certainly wouldn't conclude that newer cars have better handling.

Wrong way around champ.

hahaha
im at work and i couldnt think, read it twice and thought yeah its right but didnt look right.