PDA

View Full Version : Putting a H22A into a EG?

hoyin3132
01-03-2010, 07:21 AM
My friend got a Honda Perlude BB1 VTI-R but he was crashed for a rear, the car has been total lost and he is giving up for fixing it, so he gave the car to me, and i would like to put his front end(H22A Engine) into my Civic EG4,Just want to know:

1.)Is it possible to do it??( i mean having enough size for engine bay, gear box etc...)

2.) What stuffs should i need to put that engine into my EG? Engine Mount etc?

3.) Because my car is running Carbe right now, so did i need to change the whole petrol system as well??

English is not my first English so hope u guys can answer my question in simply way, Thanks for your help

Cheers:wave::wave:

integragsi96
01-03-2010, 09:29 AM
this has been covered before...go to the diy section...i believe there are a couple of threads in there or use the very helpful search button

mr180sx
01-03-2010, 09:57 AM
has been answered many times before. Check paul's thread

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13733&highlight=h22a

braeden
01-03-2010, 11:47 AM
My friend got a Honda Perlude BB1 VTI-R but he was crashed for a rear, the car has been total lost and he is giving up for fixing it, so he gave the car to me, and i would like to put his front end(H22A Engine) into my Civic EG4,Just want to know:

1.)Is it possible to do it??( i mean having enough size for engine bay, gear box etc...)

2.) What stuffs should i need to put that engine into my EG? Engine Mount etc?

3.) Because my car is running Carbe right now, so did i need to change the whole petrol system as well??

English is not my first English so hope u guys can answer my question in simply way, Thanks for your help

Cheers:wave::wave:

1. Yes, it's possible, how much money do you have?
2. You'll have to change your D-series engine mounts and more than likely to something a lot sturdier. Any H-series engine will be a lot heavier than your current engine.
3. Your brake setup at the moment won't be able to stop the car quick enough, so you'll have to convert your current brakes (I think most people here use ITR brakes).
4. Big difference between EFI and Carby, so yes.
5. There's no point in putting a huge 2.2L engine in a chassis that was only meant for 1.5L/1.6L engines. If you can't put the power to the ground it's pointless - I don't know whether those BB1's come stock with a LSD gearbox but if they do you're pretty well set up for what you want to do. All you need now is some good tyres.

You're very lucky,
If you ever get around to doing it, take a whole bunch of photos and document your build in the Build Threads section please.

:wave: