PDA

View Full Version : Unfairly Banned

dc2_vtir
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi,

I'm just borrowing my friend's account who is here with me to raise some points on my behalf of my recently banned account, SHU-ES1. I just got banned for complying with the rules and regulations of OzHonda when trying to sell a private vehicle on this forum. The car that I was trying to sell is a car that I own, but is driven by my brother as I have my own daily car. Hence, the above thread was posted to clarify the situation at hand so that I am able to sell my car in accordance to your rules.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128970

The responses that were made from the moderators that gave me their reasons into the issue, are here as follows:

[DL001]
Yes of course he can sell it. If it is infact your brothers, he should sell it with his name and contact details. Not yours. Thats where you made your mistake.

Your making out its your car. Using your name on somone elses account. Which is a breach of the Terms and Conditions.

[aaronng]
Like DLO01 has said: If it is your brother's car, then he has to sell it using his name, his contact details, his account and he has to monitor and reply any enquiries. Because it will be your brother's responsibility to inform Vicroads of the change of ownership and all the other official paperwork. You cannot do it on his behalf.

[bennjamin]
To sell on this site - you OR your brother must

1. Have your own account with member status. You achieve member status by receiving +1 rep point from another member with over 100 points to their name.

- Cant post an item for sale ?

Due to problems we have been having with people taking advantage of the marketplace on ozhonda, in order to post items for sale the title under your username must display 'Member'.

To become a "Member" you need to have been registered for at least 90 days AND have at least 1 Post Quality point. That is, the little box under your profile needs to be green. More information on the Post Quality System is here.

NOTE: Your post count has nothing to do with becoming a Member.

Those are the rules. If you have a problem, make a post in the Site discussion forum.

Do not PM a mod/admin in regards to this as they will not reply your PM

So, I re-posted the ad as I read the information noted above, and decided it was ok for me to do it as long as I leave my own details for potential buyers to contact me if they were interested, as it IS my car. But I still got banned? I don't know why this occured, but since I can't respond on my own account due to the ban, I asked my friend to borrow his to allow me to voice my concerns.

If this is the way you treat your loyal members of many years, for abiding by your rules and regulations, then I don't know what to say. If the ban was placed upon me by Wynode without looking over the ad that I re-did in accordance to your rules and regulations, then fair enough, please undo my ban. But please don't ban me for no reason other than to trip on your own authority.

Regards,

Tony.

DLO01
01-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Like I said. "if in fact it is your brothers". I'm not convinced it is yours Tony. Sure Rego and Insu may be in your name. But the car is your brothers. You stated his name and contact details in the ad initially and other members know for a fact its his car.

e240
01-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Seriously - Not taking sides here but whosever name's on the rego is the legal owner of the said vehicle.

dc2_vtir
01-03-2010, 10:30 PM
I stated his name and details initially cos I don't live at home anymore. I live on the other side of town now and can't travel 50km just for someone if they want to look at the car, and thats why I put his details down at the beginning - because he drives it, and still lives at home with my family.

Other users have seen him drive the car, and they THINK they know that it's his car. But look, if you want to ban me for what others say and not take my word for it. Then so be it. There are plenty of other users breaking rules on this forum, yet you single me out and penalise me for being an honest member. I did what you said, and I put my details down for me to be contacted instead of him, and still you ban me? You should've just told me not to bother trying to sell it - even under my name - and I wouldn't have, instead you lead me in the wrong direction and punish me for it. That's unjust treatment.

bbds
01-03-2010, 10:38 PM
other members? know for a fact that its not his car? dont judge what you dont know. This just shows what kinda power trip you guys are on.

curtis265
01-03-2010, 10:55 PM
I see a misunderstanding happening :S

dc2_vtir
01-03-2010, 11:06 PM
A company/business/entity is only as strong as the management team that run it, and by the look of things here, it's run by moderators/owners making assumptions with no grounds other than the ones who decided to "snitch" on my brother and I for their own misguided judgements - believing the car was actually legally his.

I proudly wore the OzHonda sticker on my car for the last two years as I thought this was a great community and business, run by a great bunch of members. But my thoughts have changed now due to this one incident where I have been unfairly treated by a moderator and owner.

You can leave the ban on my account, feel free to ban it for life if it makes you happy. Just so it reminds me as to how this turned out without being spoken to personally or questioned about. I would've been happy to provide proof, but I see no reason to justify myself to others' assumptions and for something I have earnt as a member on this forum.

Signing out.

Mr_will
01-03-2010, 11:12 PM
A company/business/entity is only as strong as the management team that run it, and by the look of things here, it's run by moderators/owners making assumptions with no grounds other than the ones who decided to "snitch" on my brother and I for their own misguided judgements - believing the car was actually legally his.

I proudly wore the OzHonda sticker on my car for the last two years as I thought this was a great community and business, run by a great bunch of members. But my thoughts have changed now due to this one incident where I have been unfairly treated by a moderator and owner.

You can leave the ban on my account, feel free to ban it for life if it makes you happy. Just so it reminds me as to how this turned out without being spoken to personally or questioned about. I would've been happy to provide proof, but I see no reason to justify myself to others' assumptions and for something I have earnt as a member on this forum.

Signing out.

we should just remove the ability of all members to sell.

ek4-guy
01-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Ban for duel accounts

bennjamin
02-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Why is it , that the only people to complain or drag ozhonda's reputation through the dirt
- are people that can't sell or try to sell and get caught out ?

Might be time to suggest either a paid sales area or abolish the sales section all together

wynode
02-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Should have just posted the correct details in the first place in the original thread.

I've replied to your PM again advising to scan the rego papers to show the owners name. If it is in your name then I will gladly reverse any infractions (and bans) and restore your thread. We don't get any satisfaction (as you claim) from giving out infractions (a ban is a result of multiple infractions). In fact we'd rather not have to give infractions.

So the ball is in your court if you want to have your thread and account restored. I don't mind keeping this thread open for that reason but if you instead want to start attacking the moderators, then the thread will be closed (which I believe is fair enough).

But like Ben said, the ones who usually complain are the ones who can't follow the rules.

PlatinumVisuals
02-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Nicely said Ben.

It should be like the CAA forums, where you must pay on a monthly basis to advertise, even then, you should need to be a contributing member and have a set amount of rep points, just like the rules now, but have a monthly subscription.

I'm surprised Win hasn't done this already since OzHonda is a fairly large forum and has alot of members, I can only think that it would be preety expensive for this forum to operate.

It would also leech out those that only come here to sell their products and just leave.

bbds
02-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Why is it , that the only people to complain or drag ozhonda's reputation through the dirt

Might be time to suggest either a paid sales area or abolish the sales section all together

get caught out doing what? Do you know who the car is registered under? Why you guys all of sudden assuming, and why would i send you a copy of my rego papers? i got nothing to prove, you've already made your judgement. Through word of mouth, i bet the people that even snitched, are they even in melbourne?

jks24
02-03-2010, 09:34 AM

this will be good, im more than happy to pay to sell stuff here

bennjamin
02-03-2010, 09:48 AM
get caught out doing what? Do you know who the car is registered under? Why you guys all of sudden assuming, and why would i send you a copy of my rego papers? i got nothing to prove, you've already made your judgement. Through word of mouth, i bet the people that even snitched, are they even in melbourne?

Hi

refer to my post , you fall under one or both of those catergories.

But why won't you send a copy of the rego paper to prove otherwise ?
Why are you taking this to such extreme levels ? Acting very defensively !

Just get over it please and sell your car elsewhere. Or perhaps earn the right to sell in the first place like 99% of all other members here.

beeza
02-03-2010, 10:00 AM
It would also leech out those that only come here to sell their products and just leave.

That's where the frustartion comes from,I mean Ozhonda feels like just a trading place a lot of the time,U click on the new posts and 70% of them are from the for sale section.

I could imagine that it would get quite frustrating to the mods who moderate the for sale section.

I think we have a great for sale section,it's ran really well.

Anyways,I suggest dc2_vtir to take this up via PM.The frustartion and confusion..is out now,just get this sorted in a mature way now.

dc2_vtir
02-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Bennjamin, why should I post my registration papers for all to see? That's not the point, the point of my argument here is that I was given no chance at all to prove myself initially but was given a brief warning and told to leave my details - so I did - and was slapped with a ban for it. There was no fairness in your treatment. Is this how you treat people? Do all people have to provide documentation when attempting to sell a car on here? I'm just saying your behaviour was so harsh and uncalled for.

I feel that I don't have to show you guys anything, you are not the law, maybe on this site but that's about the only authority you have.

beeza
02-03-2010, 10:17 AM
OK OK

No need to go on,PLEASE!

Talk via PM,do it properly,maturely,ya know.It's not a face to face conversation,take your time,find the words needed to justify your argument.

We are all in this together,there is no sides here.

I feel your pain but this solves nothing and bans can be lifted if you can justify your argument in a mature manner,attitude gets ya no where!

JasonGilholme
02-03-2010, 10:19 AM
I feel that I don't have to show you guys anything, you are not the law, maybe on this site but that's about the only authority you have.

exactly! They can only tell you waht to do here, so go somewhere else.

Plus its free, so if you don't like it then leave.

You've obviously done something wrong along the lines, because i've had dealings with all of the mods mentioned and they've always worked out in someway.

integragsi96
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
That's where the frustartion comes from,I mean Ozhonda feels like just a trading place a lot of the time,U click on the new posts and 70% of them are from the for sale section.

I could imagine that it would get quite frustrating to the mods who moderate the for sale section.

I think we have a great for sale section,it's ran really well.

Anyways,I suggest dc2_vtir to take this up via PM.The frustartion and confusion..is out now,just get this sorted in a mature way now.

i second this!!

integragsi96
02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
exactly! They can only tell you waht to do here, so go somewhere else.

Plus its free, so if you don't like it then leave.

You've obviously done something wrong along the lines, because i've had dealings with all of the mods mentioned and they've always worked out in someway.

exactly the mods treat everyone fairly and the same.
they just dont ban someone for fun.

beeza
02-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I hope I didn't sound harsh Tony cause like I said to U via PM,I feel ya pain man,I know U love this site as we all do,so mods please listen,lets talk maturely and get this sorted,via PM!

:)

bennjamin
02-03-2010, 10:29 AM
There has been great discussion about this topic between all mods. This is the process for all situations like this , mods will bring up any issues and discuss it and have a vote if the outcome.

Op , if you want to prove the car is yours you send an image of your rego paper to us in pm / private. This is why this has gotten to this level , you broke the rules then tried to sell the same car on another account and now cry unfair.

beeza
02-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Sweet! :)

bbds
02-03-2010, 12:38 PM
ill be sending a copy of my rego papers to perry, since he nicely pm me.
Then you guys can stfu and stop judging so soon. We not having a cry, its just we dont like to be judged, unlike others on here

wynode
02-03-2010, 02:47 PM
ill be sending a copy of my rego papers to perry, since he nicely pm me.
Then you guys can stfu and stop judging so soon. We not having a cry, its just we dont like to be judged, unlike others on here

Hi there,

You're quick to make accusation but don't think that we will sit here and take it.

You failed to mention that I requested you email in your rego papers (via email to me only) in a PM yesterday. Yet you're still kicking up a fuss.

We also don't like to be judged so don't tell us to STFU thanks.

It's good to see though that most of the other members have seen through your want to kick up a fuss when there is a easy solution.

Thread closed now that you've decided to send in confirmation of ownership.