PDA

View Full Version : noob exhaust q's

mugen_ctr
03-03-2010, 03:14 PM
recently bought a vision-r axle back, gave up on tryna find the mid pipe section to make a cat-back, so now iev opted to go custom midsection...

Im not to sure on what size the mid section should b, the exhaust shop has quoted a 60 - 62mm diameter, im not sure weather this will b to big?

It will def b a mandrel bent. but also what else should i weld on? i Was thinkin of a hotdog/resonator, to reduce sound

(p.s Motor is D16y8)

EK1.6LCIV
03-03-2010, 03:17 PM
you'll need a resonator, if it's 62mm that's pretty big, that's nearly 2.5" only need 2"

mugen_ctr
03-03-2010, 03:36 PM
dangz, from what iev read, most people go for like 2.25inches which would mean a 57mm diameter, would this be more suitable?

EK1.6LCIV
03-03-2010, 03:38 PM
2" is cheaper to source, save you alot and you won't be doing yourself any favours running anything higher, I spent alot of time on mine on my d16y8 over the years and you won't be disappointed, find some good headers is my advice :)

run some 4-2-1 headers, flexijoint with flange to s/s cat, another foot run to the resonator, then to the axle back and into whatever choice of muffler (I run a small cannon design with a 4" outlet)

then make up a 3" inside diametre air intake with pod filter

you will then have a very nice induction sound which will tune out at the very least 102hp atw, best I've done at present using oem fluids, plugs and tune

mugen_ctr
03-03-2010, 04:46 PM
cheers mate, seems u have a sound proof plan, which i will follow on