PDA

View Full Version : Grinding Noise?!

KonnecXion
04-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi Guys,

I've bought my car with a very weird grinding noise when I hit the brakes hard or do a sharp right turn. It seems like it comes from the Front Passenger Wheel guard or Wheel?

This happens when I do a sharp right turn or when I hit the brakes harder to stop/slow down when you the suspension depress. It's very very loud when it grinds, sounds like an Angle Grinder shaving a piece of metal...

This doesn't happen on the driver's side when I turn a sharp left or stop hard putting inertia at the front. (I've had this problem on Stock Wheels and now on a 17" rim)

Any help is appreciated!

Chriskoss
04-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Sounds like your wheels are scrubbing in the guards. Get spacers/lower profile tyres/smaller wheels

done.

_bORdO_
05-03-2010, 12:37 AM
im really not to sure but,

could be your very low on brake fluid (flipside - might be full but the pump itself is worn)
or
could be wheel bearings are wearing out, or the steering column bearings inside the steering column.

KonnecXion
05-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Sounds like your wheels are scrubbing in the guards. Get spacers/lower profile tyres/smaller wheels

done.

initially thats what i thought it should have been.
but i ran on stock rims and it was still doing that.

KonnecXion
05-03-2010, 09:27 AM
im really not to sure but,

could be your very low on brake fluid (flipside - might be full but the pump itself is worn)
or
could be wheel bearings are wearing out, or the steering column bearings inside the steering column.

i'll go take a peep at my fluids...

does a worn steering column bearing effect my turning circle? I did notice my turning circle is crap. and i am guaranteed a 3 point turn when i u-turn on most roads. or are teggy's just like that?

Cheers

_bORdO_
05-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Integra turning circle isnt that great in general, mines the same.

KonnecXion
05-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Integra turning circle isnt that great in general, mines the same.

Ahh, I always thought Honda's wouldn't have such a problem. Sometimes it reminds me of my old Magna.

Anyhow, I'll give it a go today and see if I could find anything worn.
Cheers!