PDA

View Full Version : varex exhaust on euro will it sound good or not

mr_euro_03
05-03-2010, 06:51 PM
hay thinking about getting a varex exhaust on my euro . has anyone got one fitted,does it sound ok or really crap. im getting the oval shaped tip with 2.5" piping

integral90
06-03-2010, 01:03 AM
If you're putting a big cannon on the stock piping it will sound really raspy and farty

sodaz
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I've done a lot of experimentation with the Euro's exhaust lately. The Varex mufflers should sound great and you will have the option of making it quiet when cruising which is awesome. The stock exhaust has a 1 x Resonator and 1 x Mid Muffler before the rear mufflers. If you remove both it will sound high pitched and raspy.

Personally i would keep the stock resonator, remove the mid muffler and upgrade the rear mufflers to Varex ones. Don't get the cannon style too, get the ones with the larger muffler. They tend to be a bit too loud for daily driving. Good luck!

mr_euro_03
06-03-2010, 04:21 PM
cheers not getting the cannon as i personally hate them unless its like turbo or something. yeh the exhaust shop i went to said he was going to remove the resonator but ill prob just keep it on.

furythree
07-03-2010, 12:38 AM
wats teh resonator and mid muffler do and where are they located?

sodaz
07-03-2010, 10:39 AM
wats teh resonator and mid muffler do and where are they located?

The resonator is designed to kill unpleasant high frequency sounds and the mid muffler's designed for reducing overall volume. If you look under your car your will see them clearly.

furythree
07-03-2010, 02:16 PM
The resonator is designed to kill unpleasant high frequency sounds and the mid muffler's designed for reducing overall volume. If you look under your car your will see them clearly.

so its best to have a resonator at the very least, cause i hate high frequency sounds?

sodaz
07-03-2010, 04:07 PM
so its best to have a resonator at the very least, cause i hate high frequency sounds?

Yeah it's definitely a good idea to have a resonator in the exhaust system. Your exhaust will not sound good without one. I have an aftermarket resonator right now but i would've just kept the stock one if I could do it all over again.