PDA

View Full Version : Door wont open?

kendc5r
05-03-2010, 08:37 PM
hi guys,

i recently purchased a euro - cl9 (great car :)) but i am having trouble opening the rear passenger left door.

at first i thought it was child lock, cos i couldnt open it from the inside, but i tried opening from inside and out, but no luck.

the lock unlocks from the key and from the drivers buttons, so its not that.

im leaning towards some mechanism inside the door handles that may have stuffed up?

any ideas?

thanks in advance

DC2-PWR
05-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Sometimes doors can be stuck because of the rubber sealing being heated on the metal on a hot day.

Did you try pulling the door all hard out?

CU2 Euro 09
05-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Did you open all the doors when you inspected it? If they worked then you should have some recourse. Doors should just open. Who we kidding here??
Doors just open, they shouldn't not open! Has the car been in a crash?

cbol55
06-03-2010, 01:02 AM
I had almost exactly the same problem on the same door although it could be opened from the outside. At first suspected child lock issue..but dealer repair under warranty suggested that it was probably during installation of tinting that door was incorrectly reassembled..not uncommon for tint installation to cause issues with trim apparently. I think mine was a business lease car that probably never had a rear seat passenger in its entire life. Easily fixed but no idea of how or how much if not warranty.

rayd
07-03-2010, 10:08 AM
common problem. its a faulty acctuator. theres heaps of threads on it. search :D

kendc5r
07-03-2010, 12:17 PM
thanks for replies guys.

Sometimes doors can be stuck because of the rubber sealing being heated on the metal on a hot day.

Did you try pulling the door all hard out?

yeah, tried pulling from inside and out, no luck.

Did you open all the doors when you inspected it? If they worked then you should have some recourse. Doors should just open. Who we kidding here??
Doors just open, they shouldn't not open! Has the car been in a crash?

car has not been in any accident, and yes i agree, they should just open lol

as for rayd and cbol55 comments, will definitely look into that, that sounds more like it. hopefully wont cost an arm and a leg to get this rectified.

rayd
07-03-2010, 12:29 PM
thanks for replies guys.

yeah, tried pulling from inside and out, no luck.

car has not been in any accident, and yes i agree, they should just open lol

as for rayd and cbol55 comments, will definitely look into that, that sounds more like it. hopefully wont cost an arm and a leg to get this rectified.

should be ok,

heres the part, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-ACCORD-EURO-RHF-DOOR-LOCK-ACTUATOR-72115SDAA01_W0QQitemZ330409062469QQcmdZViewItemQQp tZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4cedea3045#ht_ 684wt_1167

it can be replaced urself if your cluey in puzzles lol

kendc5r
10-03-2010, 07:41 PM
thanks for the link rayd.

quick question tho, is the actuator side and front/back specific?

so i will need to order rear left actuator i assume?

thanks in advance :)

will be ordering one soon