PDA

View Full Version : Help - DC2R Squeaking Metal Noise from the rear boot area?

obsessionz
06-03-2010, 04:11 PM
DC2R Squeaking Metal Noise from the rear boot area..

Anyone know what this can be? mostly heard on bumpy roads its like a tingy metal squeaky noise from the boot area i took out all the tools and can still hear it?

Thanks.

m3ntAL_l2
06-03-2010, 04:23 PM
suspension, lose sway/tier bar?

OMG.JAI xD
06-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Ever check your bumper bar bolts?
License plate bolts too long?

I have it too. With hasports -.-" On idle it sounds like a dogs bell.

obsessionz
06-03-2010, 04:27 PM
its sounds like its coming from inside the car... i just cant put my finger on what it is ... could be anything!

CB7_OWNER
06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Seat belt?

geeang
06-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Could be anything, loose tail light bolts, rear garnish bar bolts, loose trim clips, strut bar/bolts, swaybar, lower arm bar, traling arm bushes, rear upper control arms, fuel pump covers, under-sear reinforcement plate/bolts, dry points in the rear seat bars etc. etc.

Int3gra-T
06-03-2010, 06:54 PM
generally squeaking comes from the clips that hold the boot, wd40 the lock mech and see how u go.

androo
06-03-2010, 07:43 PM
OMG I have that same annoying problem in my VTi-R!! This is what I did to 'fix' it. Let me know if it works for you:

Open up the boot. Follow the lining - you'll see joins on either side of the boot (welds). I took two of the small foam block things from the boots' floor (the wooden peice that sits on top of the spare tyre). Its a hard foam but I just did this to see if it was the problem.

I place one block about 10 cm above the welds on either side of the boot and the annoying noise stopped.

Unfortunately after about 1 week the hard foam starts to mould to the shape of the boot/gas struts so the noise came back. Will find something more permanent soon but let me know if this helps!

dinorider
06-03-2010, 10:30 PM
OMG I have that same annoying problem in my VTi-R!! This is what I did to 'fix' it. Let me know if it works for you:

Open up the boot. Follow the lining - you'll see joins on either side of the boot (welds). I took two of the small foam block things from the boots' floor (the wooden peice that sits on top of the spare tyre). Its a hard foam but I just did this to see if it was the problem.

I place one block about 10 cm above the welds on either side of the boot and the annoying noise stopped.

Unfortunately after about 1 week the hard foam starts to mould to the shape of the boot/gas struts so the noise came back. Will find something more permanent soon but let me know if this helps!

The DC2R actually has additional rubber 'padding' screwed in at that area that the DC2 and DC4 doesn't have in an attempt to stop the hatch squeaking/creaking.

But for that noise, it really could be anything. My DC2 makes a 'tik' sound at the rear too whenever I go over any seriously big or rough bumps. It sounds like a weld clicking, or one of the metal clips that hold the plastic trim to the metal body clicking.

I could never trace it, even after ripping the whole rear seat and plastic interior trim off, including the trim under the hatch. Took me a whole day of poking around. Eventually I gave up. I also wrapped electrical tape around the U-shaped latch of the boot to get it to close more securely and damp any noise there.

Now the noise appears intermittently. I'm sure I've got nothing loose in the car and every screw/clip is there and securely attached.

Oh well.

Int3gra-T
06-03-2010, 10:43 PM
theres actually a DIY to fix this issue/

vtecing
06-03-2010, 11:00 PM
link?

Int3gra-T
06-03-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56807&highlight=interior+noise

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24040&highlight=interior+noise

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10041&highlight=interior+noise&page=2

cant find the one, but it had pictures n all./

obsessionz
07-03-2010, 12:57 AM
hey guys i think i fixed it i sprayed some wd40 into the boot latch in that area and the noise seems to have stopped... hopefully that was it ...

Int3gra-T
07-03-2010, 08:04 AM
yup, if u wanna get it good, just get some grease n stuff

androo
07-03-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm going to try this later today and report back. Thanks guys!

Terryfying
07-03-2010, 07:19 PM
hey could u include pics of where you sprayed??

thanks!

androo
08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
It worked! I kinda went mental on spraying but Terryfying I don't think you need pics.

Here's where I sprayed:

First, open up your boot. I sprayed the gas struts and opened and closed them a few times to work it a bit. My gas struts were pretty stiff so I did it until it was smooth again.

I also sprayed the latch that locks the boot shut when closed.

Not sure which one might have fixed the issue but I did all of them at once because it was killing me!

Seems all good now. Hopefully it's gone for good. I used WD40 but if it comes back I'll get some proper grease.

Hope that helps guys!

obsessionz
08-03-2010, 08:18 AM
lol master WD40! FTW i hope it stays otherwise we can do a group grease buy ROFL

androo
08-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Oh btw thanks Int3gra-T for the input you saved our lives lol

And thanks obsessionz for trying it out first haha

Man sounds like theres a few out there. I asked some friends who 'know' cars and they were like 'I think it's your shocks' =_=

Thanks guys!

Jon_51
08-03-2010, 11:39 AM
WD40 is not the best product for this application (it says it's lubricant but it's really a water dispersant). I'd recommend a silicon spray.

androo
08-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks Jon_51 yeh if it comes back I'll definitely go with a silicon spray!

Int3gra-T
08-03-2010, 12:09 PM
no probs, cheers for rep