PDA

View Full Version : Indicators don't flash when Immobilised

tuanEH?
07-03-2010, 04:56 PM
hey, i got an ek1 sedan that has the stock immobiliser; usually when i press the button to lock the doors, all indicator lights flash twice; when i unlock it flashes once. But for some reason now, they don't flash at all when i press the button on the remote, does anyone know what could have caused this?

When this first occurred, none of my indicators worked at all, so i replaced the fuse for the indicators, and so they all worked again. but after that incident, my indicators didn't flash at all when i press the button to lock/unlock the doors.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

GenesisEG
07-03-2010, 08:35 PM
There might be another fuse between the alarm and the indicator relay that has blown. I'm not sure how these are wired up, but if there's a relay output from the alarm that activates the indicator relay, it might have a fuse that you can replace.

If the immobiliser works, and it's just not flashing the indicators, that's probably what has happened.

tuanEH?
08-03-2010, 12:42 PM
hmm, any idea where it might be located? i've checked both fuse boxes and both seem to be fine.

GenesisEG
08-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Really not sure, sorry. I've never even seen how these things work, it was just a guess.

Electrically, I'd guess that the relay that activates when you press your remote button has an output that triggers the indicator relay.

Does the immobiliser itself still work?

pieee
08-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah its as genesis says, the immobilizer unit has its set of wires that go out and connect to both the controls to unlock and lock the doors, there is also wires that are tapped into your indicator lines and when a surge of power goes through the unit to unlock or lock the doors it sets off the indicators in a number of clicks.

I am having the same problem as you but I havent looked into it as much, I have checked all of my fuses in the engine bay along with the fuses under the dash/steering side.

I found the fuse that is on the wires that go from the unit to the car and it was fine aswell, so my guess would be that our problem is elsewhere?

SuperJDM.
08-03-2010, 05:02 PM
not to steal your thread or anything man but i see no point on making another since we kinda have the same problem. My lights flash but the door wont open :( its still locked. I have to use my key to get into the car now :( anyone know why? Before when it didn't work i had to lock it back and re-do it and it worked but now its just GG.

GenesisEG
08-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Regarding the locks not working, that could be a problem with the relay not activating the actuators, or it could be the actuators themselves.

Sometimes the actuators seize up and lose the ability to move the locking mechanism. If it's an intermittent problem, it could be that the humidity is causing the actuators to seize up, and once the air dries out, they can move more freely and open the locks.

Lots of possibilities, hard to really tell which one it is over the internet.

tuanEH?
10-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Really not sure, sorry. I've never even seen how these things work, it was just a guess.

Electrically, I'd guess that the relay that activates when you press your remote button has an output that triggers the indicator relay.

Does the immobiliser itself still work?

Yeah, the immobiliser still works, just that the indicators don't flash when i lock/unlock. it get's annoying sometimes, as i sometimes forget whether i locked my doors or not since the indicators don't flash anymore.

GenesisEG
11-03-2010, 07:30 PM
See if you can get into the immobiliser relay and follow the wiring out of it.

Should have multiple outputs, one to the relay that controls the lock solenoids, one to the relay that controls the indicators and so on and so forth. If you can identify which one is which, and follow it (or f-set it if you have the equipment), then you might be able to find out if it still has continuity, and if so, where the problem is.

tuanEH?
16-03-2010, 09:46 PM
hmm, do you know where the immobiliser relay might be located? and what it might look like?

GenesisEG
17-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't have a clue, sorry bud.

You could try taking it to an auto-electrician, they have the gear to fix this sort of stuff.