PDA

View Full Version : buying legend 1996

sugz
07-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi guys. Thinking of buying a 1996 model Legend. Any things that i need to know of before i buy one. what should i look for eg. any common rust spots area, electrical problem etc. Hope some of you Legend owner can help me out.

sugz
09-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Anyone??

Travis_Gib0
10-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Hi there.

i myself am a legend owner but a first generation coupe owner.
dont know to much about the second gens other than they blow headgaskets like bubble gum so got to be carefull.
i will suggest to have a browse around on acuralegend.org and acura-legend.com theres tones of info on those site about the problems they have and how to pick them out. may want to sign up to and get a thread going if you want over there to. there pretty much all american but are willing to help with any questions ya have.

Cheers
Travis

sugz
11-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks for that Travis, will check out those sites

chunkylover
07-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey,
I own a KA9 Legend, great car, i love it. Its a cheap luxury car that has everything you want! Engine is excellent. I love it!

beayni85
08-07-2010, 07:19 PM
I had a KA9. Great car, but when things go wrong they get very expensive! having said this even after all my problems i still upgraded to the KB1. If you are going to buy one, get one with low k's. If you are going to mod one be carefull. I put 20's on mine which caused suspension troubles. Also if you have a heavy right foot you will have a heavy fuel bill! Hope this helps.

disgraced
16-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Is it easy enough to get oil filters, CV shafts, window regulators etc?
Do the share any parts with other models?
I'm considering a KA9 myself.
HG problems you say?
I had a Discovery so I know what a costly fix is. No going to let that happen again.
There's not much info on legends on the web aside from a few whinges about transmission and power windows.
Anyone have any experience with figures on timing belt replacement costs or common gripes?