PDA

View Full Version : ED6 Rear side window hinges ?

4Hondude
07-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Hi guys,

I have a '88 civic and recently after a lot of rain and a boot full of water, I realised that one of the latches on the hinged rear side window had crumbled and seperated leaving the window swinging freely. I then realised, after playing with the window a bit, that it was sagging somewhat. I pulled off the plastic trim at the front of the window and discovered that the bottom hinge isn't even connected to the pillar. The screw is still in the hinge but it doesn't seem as though there's anything to screw it into in the pillar. The only thing holding the side window in is the top hinge.

I remember reading something about these hinges here last year but for the life of me I can't find it again after much frustrated searching.

Payed a visit to "Pick'n Payless" today but not one civic hatch. I haven't asked at Honbits yet.

Can anyone help me with knowledge about these hinges i.e. where i'm most likely to find one.

I guess I could always stick the little sucker down with some super strength Araldite but I would prefer to fix it properly if possible.

Thanks guys for reading all this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

markismaximus
08-03-2010, 12:49 PM
I think the thread you are looking for is here. Refers to removal etc. Have fun finding it though. Not sure what page its on

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100695

cristian
08-03-2010, 12:56 PM
hontoys would probably be another place to call, since they've got so many small items like that which they can take out of other ED6 windows...
Honbits i usually rely on for mechanical parts...

4Hondude
08-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah right - I've just spent the last couple of hours looking through Peter's build thread you pointed me to and BINGO! a very tidy little tutorial on how to get them in and out. Thanks Markismaximus.

Cristian, I hadn't even thought about Hontoys. I'd heard of them but thanks for the informative tip

Reps to you both for your assistance.