PDA

View Full Version : Stock Muffler Flow - TypeR Family

TheSaint
07-03-2010, 10:36 PM
out of the type-r's which has the best flowing muffler?

i was planning on getting a Dc5 Type-S muffler for my EG sedan because i love the way they sound but is there a better alternative?

EG5
07-03-2010, 10:52 PM
We got EP3 muffler on our EG b18c2
It works great with 2.5 inch catback set up and other bolt on mods.

TheSaint
07-03-2010, 11:19 PM
any clips? and can u help me source a muffler?

TheSaint
20-03-2010, 01:54 AM
im not having much luck with this ... either ppl dont want to ship to WA or they are asking way to much

can anyone suggest something similar that is brand made? the only thing i have heard so far that sounds similar is a spoon street muffler ... but they cost alot lol

all the twinloops and oval barrels i have heard sound raspy and all the canons sound farty =/

im.Kusuma
20-03-2010, 02:28 AM
EK4 oem exhaust sounds pretty decent with full 2" high flow cat. I know a member here has it on his EG with D16Y1.. sounds really good, quite on idle but bit deeper on throttle.
Doesnt sound like canon or twin loop, sounds pretty "flowy" and has tones between low & high rpm. Hope this help saint..

SHU-ES1
20-03-2010, 10:03 AM
hey saint,

the dc2r one is really good. a guy down here has it on his ES sedan, and sounds pretty nice when he punches it. i used the ep3r one cos the dc5r one didn't fit, and it has a bigger inlet pipe than the dc5r and twin outlet pipes. i read somewhere the dc5r one has a valve in the muffler that opens up at high rpm for better exhaust flow, but i couldn't see it when i looked into the muffler i got.

if you want quiet, stock is the best way to go. the bigger the muffler, the more quiet it is usually. if not, get one with offset inlet/outlet - yes you sacrifise a bit of flow, but you keep sound levels down to a minimum. good luck with it!

CB7_OWNER
20-03-2010, 10:07 AM
^ the valved dc5r muffler is only in japan. i saw pictures of a butchered jdm dc5r muffler on the forums (from googling) =)

SHU-ES1
20-03-2010, 10:29 AM
yeh same! found it on civic forums.

TheSaint
20-03-2010, 10:36 AM
i heard a Dc5s muffler on a EG with a D16 and it sounded awsome

might just keep my eyes open and see what pops up - no idea what to pay tho