PDA

View Full Version : What Suspension should i go for.....

drifter
08-03-2010, 04:00 PM
i own a Honda prelude 98 ATTS and i was wondering what a suited suspension brand to go for ?

I Was thinking about Tein Super Street Coilover but not to sure if it's any good.......

cotties
09-03-2010, 12:01 AM
i would sugest super streets if your not planing on doing any track work
there nice and comfortable ride and will give you more sportier hanling

for anything else i would recomend something a bit more agressive that will allow you to adjust damping to certian conditions

good coils are
skunk2 pro c's have had a set very good for street track use
tien mono type flex
buddy club racing spec
bc golds
cusco
etc

basicaly you get what you pay for
the genereal gist is the better the coil the more it will cost
best bang for buck i would recomend pro c's
best thing is with pro c's it still can give you a nice comfortable ride but has that ability to make it much more aggressive

CB7_OWNER
10-03-2010, 02:11 PM
i recommend anything that allows you to adjust damper and height. Adjustment of height that doesnt effect the spring rate. soo any of the above mentioned:

Personally i'd recommened the BC BR gold coilovers, because they are the cheapest brand new, and offer damper and independant height adjustment. coilovers like tein SS, adjust the height by letting the spring sit further down on the threaded shock body.. whereas coilovers mentioned below all have 2 parts to the shock body, and the upper shaft threads into the lower part of the shock , making it entirely independant of the spring .

skunk2 pro c's
tien mono type flex
buddy club racing spec
bc golds
cusco

drifter
16-03-2010, 12:35 PM
thanks guy, i will checked them out...........

jks24
19-03-2010, 05:33 PM
i run skunk2 pro c's. Very good coilover, car handles great however if your after comfort I dont suggest you purchase them. I have them on their softest setting and the car is still quite rough. It doesnt really bother me though.