PDA

View Full Version : 06 jazz intermittant flat battery

taiman
08-03-2010, 06:58 PM
its wierd, it would happen when it wants to, no pattern at all
i could drive all day stop the car and start and it would be normal. doesnt matter how the car is off.

and sometimes after i drive around,turn the car off and 5mins later return and crank, the car will not turn, would act like a flat battery (struggle to turn the car once,let alone over):confused:

but when i jump it, the cars start beautifully and i could go home turn off the car and start it immediately.

note: has never happened overnight but has happened after an 8 hour shift. :confused:

i have turned all accessories off such as the boot light and interior light, i have no other extras on the car. its my missus car.

shedding of any light is appreciated
thanks

Gnat
08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Get your battery tested. Mine was doing that, turned out to be a dead battery.

taiman
08-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Get your battery tested. Mine was doing that, turned out to be a dead battery.

happens randomly as well? Doesnt explain why it happens sometimes and not all the time... I actually topped up the battery and charged it overnight! But no differnce!

Gnat
08-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Yeah, in the week before I got it tested/swapped out, it would just barely turn over on the first crank, then 5 mins later crank normally and run happily. At first I thought it was a starter motor issue, but if jump-started it ran fine.

How old is the battery in yours?

taiman
08-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Yeah, in the week before I got it tested/swapped out, it would just barely turn over on the first crank, then 5 mins later crank normally and run happily. At first I thought it was a starter motor issue, but if jump-started it ran fine.

ive owned the car for a year and a half now and assume tere is a 50/50 chance it was changed before... It looks in good condition and the indicator shows good condition battery... Hmmm...

taiman
08-03-2010, 10:34 PM

ive owned the car for a year and a half now and assume tere is a 50/50 chance it was changed before... It looks in good condition and the indicator shows good condition battery... Hmmm...