PDA

View Full Version : hiding wiring

cheapdouchebag
08-03-2010, 10:33 PM
ok ive wired my new ice to my car,
and my head hurts, ive been searching for about an hour how to hide wiring, someone help me please
myideais tohide the wiring under the carpet. how would i get the carpet partially out so i can snake the wire through?
cheers in advance

phelonius
08-03-2010, 10:50 PM
on my civic. you have to take the plastic triming off the doors then you can just pull the carpet up.

you could find the service manual for your car, that should show you how to remove it i guess.

cheapdouchebag
08-03-2010, 10:52 PM
that is exactly what i wanted to do, only thing is, im scared to snap the clips on the plastic trimming.
whats the best way to take the trimming off?

phelonius
08-03-2010, 10:59 PM
i used a flathead skrewdriver to pry them out one at a time.
just be gentle and you should be alright.

you could do a search, there might be some info on it somewhere.

cheapdouchebag
08-03-2010, 11:06 PM
alright cheers ill give it a go, yeah ive been searching,but i dont know what that part is ''properly'' called

phelonius
08-03-2010, 11:08 PM
plastic trimming? or just trim i guess.
just try it out and if you feel like its going to break then stop and try a diff method.

hitoriko
09-03-2010, 06:00 AM
hey mate if you need a hand let me know

2MPRS
09-03-2010, 09:39 AM
u have a sedan take out the console below the headunit its 4 screws,then undo the center where the gear stick is etc and run it threw the middle thats what i did

phelonius
09-03-2010, 01:04 PM
u have a sedan take out the console below the headunit its 4 screws,then undo the center where the gear stick is etc and run it threw the middle thats what i did

it has been said that it's best to run the rca's and power cable's down different sides of the car though. so they don't cause interference with eachother.

INVSBL
09-03-2010, 01:16 PM
run it on either side of the transmission tunnel?

phelonius
09-03-2010, 01:22 PM
would that be far enough apart
?

INVSBL
09-03-2010, 01:24 PM
i havnt sat in an eg, but i would presume it would be more then 30cms apart, with multiple metals inbetween.

redefine
09-03-2010, 01:27 PM
im running power next to remote and rca and i get no interference. But im just runnin a sub off it

2MPRS
09-03-2010, 03:21 PM
yep yep thats right i run the power on one side of the tunnel and the rcas on the other no interference at all and i got a monoblock and a 4channel. it took me about 1hour to do this way hella easy

cheapdouchebag
09-03-2010, 03:50 PM
so what you guys are saying, translating to my greenhorn language is that you are running your cables on opposite sides of the gear stick console? got a picture?
ive hidden the left side wires, far out it was so hard to do cuz my wires arent flat, pain in the backside to relodge in the carpet to the floor trims.

2MPRS
09-03-2010, 04:49 PM
so what you guys are saying, translating to my greenhorn language is that you are running your cables on opposite sides of the gear stick console? got a picture?
ive hidden the left side wires, far out it was so hard to do cuz my wires arent flat, pain in the backside to relodge in the carpet to the floor trims.

it was a pain for me aswell thats y i did it threw the middle. yep rcas on one side and power on the other side of the gear stick console. after u run them threw there if u lift up ur backseat there should be a hidden bolt for the bottom of the seat at the back. once u get the backseat off the carpet lifts up anyway

cheapdouchebag
09-03-2010, 06:11 PM
have u ever had any problems with interference or someshit like that when the two unfriendly set of wires come that near each other? i was told to wire one on the left and one on the right

2MPRS
09-03-2010, 08:11 PM
nope and and my wires are mixed up. i did have problems with whining but that was cause of the rca spilters touching. i can pull it apart and take pics on how to do it if u like.

cheapdouchebag
09-03-2010, 08:31 PM
that would be nice id reward you handsomely with a rep point haha :D

2MPRS
09-03-2010, 08:37 PM
ok ill make one in the next few days wiring is terrible though :(

cheapdouchebag
10-03-2010, 10:04 PM
mate cheers for ur help, ive finished

this was the total story:
first off, i took out the rear seats, was the easiest thing to do
5 bolts, and then unhooked two bits for the seat cushion to come out.
thenn took out the bottom of the eg console where the cig lighter is.
and then unhooked the cig lighter power plug
nex thing, took out the center console about 6 screws, one was under plastic so i had to pry that lid out, beautiful.

now heres where my lolness noobie side started to come.
reading honda manuals, thinking the person who put this headunit in put it back in ''stock-like'', then afterwards i felt the two screws, motherf$%# had so much trouble reaching it, spent almost an hour trying to get it out. then i brought my laptop out to the car n researched on the net, had no clue what they were one about one guy said 'pry the back out it sohuld click off' WTF ROFLS.

then i realised i had a sony xplod headunit, i needed the release keys to take it out... sh$^ wheres my keys gone o shitwtraweytewtrwetawetag@#%@#@^$##$%^$#%.

spent another hour trying to get the headunit off with using hacksaw blades to release the headunit.

epic failed

called up jbhifi, electronics superstore to ask if i can get a set of keys to take this sucker out.

drove there with my rear seats off.. MANNNNN THIS CAR FELT SO MUCH LIGHTER HAHA loved driving with no rear seats.

got to jbhifi, they let me use their keys, poped out like a charm, asked where i could get these keys, they gave me 2 sets for free what nice guys!

went back home, started wiring everyhing up, under the carpet power n remote wire runnin along the gearbox's left side, rca on the right.

hooked it all up, ready to go turned on the car.. 'protection' light was on.. gg, consult the amp manual, o i havent done the grounding wire properly. wondering where to put it, placed it on the chasis, still the same. plaed the ground wire on a seat belt bolt, spark came up. WTFLMFAO. hooked it up, then gave the car another fire

no lights came on this time.. HEY OMFG WTF
amp manual : "check remote wire''

ok.. lets rejoin the copper on this cable properly, still no go.
and then i realised, ive binded it to the wrong cable, HEY WHAT!?!? omg rofls.

hooked it up properly to the right cable, the blue one that said fm, all this time i thought the thick wire was the antena cuz it looked like a tv's antena shape.

then fired it up, still no bass.... whyy!
put the sub wires into the other spots on the amp.

and then

BOOM BOOM DOOF DOOF
yay!

and then...

the misses gave me a ring
SIGH i have to drive her without putting everything back together. oh well at least the rear seats are off will be more fun.

got home, 9pm, putt the interior back together, too lazy to bolt the amp on the rear seats do it tm..

been a fun adventure :D

2MPRS
10-03-2010, 10:24 PM
I was gonna do everything 2morrow i swear rofllll. imho dont put the amps on the back seat its hidden :P ill send u a pic of where i put mine on private :P

cheapdouchebag
10-03-2010, 10:46 PM
haha got ur pm mate, rather not, id rather hide it :D. i take me mumzies grocery shopping all the time so yer, thinking about getting an mdf board n splitting the trunk into two parts to avoid vegies clashing my subbie

2MPRS
10-03-2010, 11:01 PM
i wouldnt imo because ur boot acts kinda like another box.